Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default August 08'-09' Build Off: 1969 Chevrolet CST/10

It's big.

It's bad.

It's very Orange.

And it's back.

For those new to this, this is my back story: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7609

Yes, it runs, and it's mean:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's a 1969 Chevrolet CST/10, long bed 2wd. Freshly rebuilt 350 small block backed with a rebuilt TH350 tranny, twisting over 360 ft lb of torque to a monster Dana 60 rear axle (very rare on half tons). Exhaust flows through Heddmen long-tube headers to a dual 2.5 in pipes that run through a mystery set of mufflers and dump just past the axle.

I bought way back in January of 07.

Why wait so long to enter? Hell, I had no money. My daily driving day dream of a Firebird had it's own costs. And with a alleged 83 mph speeding ticket, I simply can't afford to keep driving it and cover the ticket and expect to finish the CST/10 anytime soon. So, off goes the bird to the next owner (still in the family though) and hello to

The up to date plans:
-Next weekend I'm hittin my favorite yard for a 73-87 C10 front suspension, which bolts right up to my frame. They have brakes that can stop (I have front drums), and apparently ride and handle better than the 67-72 geometry. Also the master cylinder and brake lines will be off the 73-87 truck. So with all that, and replacing the common parts it will run me 350-400 bucks at most, as opposed to a 700 dollar kit from any one of the venders.

-Fuel sending unit today, picking one up in a bit and bringing home the gas tank I bought a while back. By the end of the day the CST10 should be running on it's own gas again. The original tank was rusted to hell so after that one day, we didn't start it up using that tank again.

-Seats/seatbelts. I can use the stock bench seat, but it's torn up. That, and my dad won't let me use this beast until it has shoulder belts. So, I'm thinkin' of buying the set of > 2007 GM truck seats I saw at Charlies for 200. Their 2 buckets with the center armrest/seat, and has built in belts. That's two birds with one 200 dollar stone right there.

-Powersteering, buying the pump and brackets tomorrow, and possibly the A/c brakets too.

-Interior, got a plan for that Olds 442 steering wheel I got. Seats will be changed. Door panels have to be done. The gauge cluster will be finished up w/the Cadillac clock once we get some more wiring done. Any added on stuff (EX: Radio, amp) will be ran on a custom harness to keep it out of the stock harness.

-Wheels, totally unsure. But sticking with the steel wheels ATM

The other option, but needs some work to fit.

-Suspension: Getting 2 inch drop springs all around for $20 off the guy who I bought the tank from, shocks will be around 40 a piece.

As it's sitting right now:

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere