Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
hmm well thats really iffy. swaping the suspension of course will work. but to me that would be pretty costly, and you would be better off going with teh $700 kit.

swaping spindles and changing the hubs to me sounds logical, on a lot of cars its as simple as that. So i would atleast give it a shot. if worse comes to worse.. try and sell the parts, recoupe some money. and go the other route.
Both ways are cheap as hell. Literally no more than $140 out of the yard. But, this is swapping parts to different generation parts. Now, from the frame to the lugs if it swapped it'd be fine. But when you start making a hybrid of parts between the frame and the lugs, that's where it starts to not work right. Logic says that my ball joints won't fit the 73+ spindles. I mean, if it was as cheap as swapping the spindles it would be the easiest swap ever and everybody would be doing it. But, the entire front suspension swap has been done before, some even citing saying that you could basically roll the entire front suspension and front x-member from the doner truck onto the 67-72 frame, but the Junkyard say otherwise.

It's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
Err that sucks it didnt look too sound.. the one on my car the rails rusted out so when its closed it rattles and it leaks a very tiny bit only time i noticed it was in the car wash.. i normally have the back flipped open even in the snow and rain lol so it doesnt really matter to me.

the leak causing any rust issues?
No, not really. Not compared to the other leaks the truck has. I just don't open the roof ever and it doesn't leak.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-20-2008 at 10:01 PM..