Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification > XMS Car
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-16-2008, 03:20 AM
xmodsnut xmodsnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Millersburg, ohio
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: (20)
Default where did this go anyway?

talk about a group project that never went anywhere. its been roughly 10 months since the project start and not a hide nor hair of what happened to the car and parts that were sent out by a few of the members here. has it fallen through the cracks and left for dead like alot of things around here.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 AM
bondo's Avatar
bondo bondo is offline
All 6's and 7's
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: charleston south carolina
Posts: 1,427
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo
Default

ive got the shell ready to paint but no one has come up with the chassis or motor
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Surgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm sure that if you are really bent out of shape about donating cars and parts you can contact the person who you sent it to and they will send it back. The problem is that with a project of this magnitude there are a lot of people with plenty of parts to spare, that are not willing to give them up. They all want their opinion heard, but when it is time to ante up they don't want to donate.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
zippo855's Avatar
zippo855 zippo855 is offline
XMS Admin
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salina, KS
Posts: 2,035
Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855
Default

if this project is going to happen i have parts i will donate, or i can build the chassis, i have an extra stock evo car chassis that i can build up however with the other parts provided. this sounds like a good project that never got really started. let me know.
Chuck
__________________
Keep smiling, people will wonder what your up to.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-16-2008, 11:15 AM
RedSXmodder's Avatar
RedSXmodder RedSXmodder is offline
Rethink It All
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Earth...why?
Posts: 1,447
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder
Default

Send me an address to ship a motor, and I'll have er out whenever I get the chance...
__________________

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2008, 03:29 PM
meme405 meme405 is offline
Xmod Expert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: (0)
Default

I have a Futaba TX and servo's i was willing to send out but, no one ever got back to me...

It depends on where your going with the project but if your going hobby grade then these are Definetly nice...Its made for a RC plane, but can be modded to fit a car or boat or W/e too...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 PM
crawlin duckies's Avatar
crawlin duckies crawlin duckies is offline
Advance member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: utah home of the mo mo assault vehicles
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to crawlin duckies
Default

i have tons of spare parts that i could send out just lemme know if you guys need any, and ill check if i have them pm me or whatever. i also have a yellow stiletto chassis i could donate for it but its missing a few nuts to it though..
__________________
IM A DRINKER!!! NOT A FIGHTER!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-17-2008, 07:37 AM
2wdpancar 2wdpancar is offline
Xmod Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,013
Trader Rating: (8)
Default

If the car runs xmod electronics, I know where to get cheap FETs that no one has ever used before on an xmod.
They would only work on a generation 1 due to different circuitry, but they are just as good as the SP8M4 MOSFETs(these have a bit more resistance in the N channel, but barely).
The internal resistance is very low...I would donate a set of lithium batteries(I need a place to send and talk to people about this).
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-17-2008, 09:57 AM
Surgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well then, we will try to get the ball rolling on this. I am going to try to touch base with all of the builders that were nominated to make sure they still want in, and maybe get some members to fill in when necassary.

Xmodsnut, please PM the parts you donated as well as the person you shipped them to and I will try to get them sent back to you- do this ASAP so we can get it handled.

Edit: Members who have offered to donate more parts, sit tight. The builders will contact you once we get things straightened out.

Last edited by Surgeon; 07-17-2008 at 10:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-18-2008, 12:41 AM
xmodsnut xmodsnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Millersburg, ohio
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: (20)
Default

Its not the parts Im worried about. I was wondering WTH happened to this thing. But if you want to know try a whole entire evo chassis and every RS upgrade. sent it to the EDJ in calgary, canada dont have a clue where it went after that.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Surgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsnut View Post
Its not the parts Im worried about. I was wondering WTH happened to this thing. But if you want to know try a whole entire evo chassis and every RS upgrade. sent it to the EDJ in calgary, canada dont have a clue where it went after that.
Tried or accomplished. If you tried to send it to him and failed then there is nothing that can be done. However, if you actually sent it, well thanks for the donation it is much appreciated.

Maybe if you could donate some positive attitude you could be useful around these parts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-18-2008, 01:47 AM
xmodsnut xmodsnut is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Millersburg, ohio
Posts: 991
Trader Rating: (20)
Default

he got it alright and stuff. Im like everyone else who had a part in it sitting and wondering. I pretty much left when bondo took over cuz he drove me nuts. I was here but not logged in alot of the time looking around reading stuff. I got plans for a few new cars and some unique truck upgrades some of the guys may want to try. Its one of the things I wondered for a while what happened to. its like the shelby gt 500 I have sitting here waiting to see if the next line shows promise of being able to make the car wheel base long enough to fit under.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Surgeon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsnut View Post
he got it alright and stuff. Im like everyone else who had a part in it sitting and wondering. I pretty much left when bondo took over cuz he drove me nuts. I was here but not logged in alot of the time looking around reading stuff. I got plans for a few new cars and some unique truck upgrades some of the guys may want to try. Its one of the things I wondered for a while what happened to. its like the shelby gt 500 I have sitting here waiting to see if the next line shows promise of being able to make the car wheel base long enough to fit under.
Regardless of your personal opinion of Bondo, he did change things around here for the better; also even tho he isn't directly on staff he does serve as an outside consultant of sorts. Perhaps you should consider putting your personal bias aside in the name of the greater good.

The norm of your participation as of recent has been sporatic and hostile. Signing on every so often to criticise the way things are done and run, this isn't the most progressive behavior to condone proper participation. In the future perhaps offering suggestions and solutions rather than open-ended criticism would be the most progressive way to handle your discrepancies; however it might come to your chagrin to comprehend the new and improved sensibility this site posseses.

The ball is rolling on this again, almost all of the initial builders have responded with a desire to continue with the group project. I am personally donating a few items to suppliment the build where others have refrained from donation.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
suicide_star's Avatar
suicide_star suicide_star is offline
Xmod Expert
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Gonzales, La
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
Regardless of your personal opinion of Bondo, he did change things around here for the better; also even tho he isn't directly on staff he does serve as an outside consultant of sorts. Perhaps you should consider putting your personal bias aside in the name of the greater good.

The norm of your participation as of recent has been sporatic and hostile. Signing on every so often to criticise the way things are done and run, this isn't the most progressive behavior to condone proper participation. In the future perhaps offering suggestions and solutions rather than open-ended criticism would be the most progressive way to handle your discrepancies; however it might come to your chagrin to comprehend the new and improved sensibility this site posseses.

The ball is rolling on this again, almost all of the initial builders have responded with a desire to continue with the group project. I am personally donating a few items to suppliment the build where others have refrained from donation.
i actually have the rims for it over here...i was going to order the shocks but they were no backorder on blue Evo truck shocks, i couldn't find any other ones besides the site i was looking at. anyways, whenever we have a destination to send all this stuff to and we get it reorganized...give me an address and i'll send a few chunks of alloy out =)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
XmodzICON82's Avatar
XmodzICON82 XmodzICON82 is offline
Freedom Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KCMO
Posts: 333
Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to XmodzICON82
Default

what kind of car was being built and what is needed to get this done....i have a bunch of motors(s1 and s2), steering parts(gen1 & evo)....and possibly other stuff....if a donation is needed let me know...i'll see what i have....
__________________
PS3 Gamertag: TWZTD_SINZ
I mainly play COD 4, NFS games, sports
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
greekone's Avatar
greekone greekone is offline
Volvo Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Marlborough,CT
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: (18)
Send a message via Yahoo to greekone
Default

I don't think I was around when this project started but, whats the point of building it and who is keeping this car?
__________________
I WILL BUY YOUR XMODS, PM ME!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-05-2008, 08:30 PM
THE EDJ's Avatar
THE EDJ THE EDJ is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 876
Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsnut View Post
Its not the parts Im worried about. I was wondering WTH happened to this thing. But if you want to know try a whole entire evo chassis and every RS upgrade. sent it to the EDJ in calgary, canada dont have a clue where it went after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
Tried or accomplished. If you tried to send it to him and failed then there is nothing that can be done. However, if you actually sent it, well thanks for the donation it is much appreciated.

Maybe if you could donate some positive attitude you could be useful around these parts.
sorry guys! I've still got all the parts xmodsnut sent me, and it's all still good. life happened, between school, work, and getting married, the whole project kinda got lost, but if everyone is still game for getting it finished then lets do it. I was in charge of the chasis, but I'm not sure how much more I can do with it, I'll have to pull it out sometime and check what is installed and what isn't. Again, sorry for the hiatus, but if you all want to keep the project going then I am game. Cheers
__________________
Mine's faster!

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
meme405 meme405 is offline
Xmod Expert
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekone View Post
I don't think I was around when this project started but, whats the point of building it and who is keeping this car?
Originally i think it was boske who was going to get the car. As the owner and creator of the site...

We were also going to use the car to create a new banner and such for the site...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-17-2008, 03:07 AM
biggie862005 biggie862005 is offline
Thats what she said.
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 111
Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to biggie862005
Default

any updates on this? sounds interesting...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-17-2008, 03:16 AM
mustanglover's Avatar
mustanglover mustanglover is offline
US Air Force
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FL
Posts: 1,547
Trader Rating: (9)
Default

since this was "reopened" how did he get banned?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.