Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Because I forgot I had a hose that I drian it from (I think it came from or to the radiator). I didnt drain it fully, because I forgot about the hose, which didnt drain all the way, so, say I bought 9 quarts or ATF, I still had tranny fluid in the car, and when I put the new tranny fluid in, it was too much, so I had to keep on draining, a lil' bit, and seeing if it was good enough.

Its not like the oil, I cant just drian it, and all the oil outta the system, and then change the filter, with the Maxima, you have to take the hole pan off, take the screen off, then clean the magnets, and put it back together with a new gasket and screen. Its not that simple. I didnt wanna mess it up, so I took my time, and put all the bolts in the place when they came off.

Long story, just going to make it small, it was my first time doing a transmission flush(not really a full flush) on this car, it has ALOT of miles on it, so I new something might go wrong if I didnt take my time, and torque all the bolts right.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

A small update, well, not really any.

The only reason I'm on here now, is because my dog is very sick, and I have to keep an eye on her, so I figured I could check in here while I'm watching her. I need to clean out the EGR guide tube and tube because its throwing a EGR code (p0400). Its going to be a REAL bitc*, because of where it is.

I got a trailer from my uncle, it might not be offically mine, but I'm going to fix it up. Right now its hualling a small boat. I took it down to the beach around 12am, it was a good time, it fits 3 people. Heres the pictures.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...a/IMG_2078.jpg

Old 03-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

I might be selling the Maxima real soon, for a Monte Carlo, I think an 86, not 100% sure. I have so many memory's of this one car, working on it at 5 in the morning going to the pond in it(something alot of teens/18 year olds do with girls). So many, once I get the car, if I will request for a moderator to remove this thread or lock it, so I can start a new one with a new car.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

This car has been with me mostly in the good times, and in the really bad times when I nearly moved out of my house. It is sold now, well mostly sold, its not mine, but the guy is still paying in payments. I have basicly traded this for a V8 350 Monte Carlo.

If a moderator or admin can please lock or delete this thread, that will be nice, doesnt matter. I might be making a new one about the Monte Carlo soon.