Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default Just got my *** handed to me....

By a pro drive sti racing him off the light, had him up until that massive turbo kicked in!

**** those things are fast!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 08-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

great story hansel, will read again!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

More elaboration?

No?

-sigh-

I, am B1G.

B1G city was vibrant today. The sun was smiling down upon the land with great charisma. So I decided to put the top down on the Mustang, and go out for a cruise. Step in, slide in the key, and give it a twist. The all american V8 bumps to life and settles down into a low key burble. "Needs moar rumble" I say to my self "must get glass packs, my neighbors will love me". I slip it into Reverse, and pull out of my drive way. Now, lined up with the road, I give the old horse a slap on the *** and drop the clutch at 4000 RPM, tires screaming in pain for traction. Ah, I love rear-wheel-drive.

I cruise in the city for a bit, taking in the sights of the tall buildings. Waving hello to fellow Mustang owners, V6 and GT alike. Laughing at the V6's with stripes, GT wanna-be's. A honda passes by, bumpin' some hippity hop ****. I give the V8 a little tap and watch the honda buzz away in fear.

But, I hear a strange noise. No, it is not that of a typical 4 cylinder, something... different. It makes the air shake in a way not heard before, as I see this blue 4 door family sedan roll next to me. I laugh, silently to my self "what's this strange sound?"

The blue family sedan blips it's strange 4 cylinder, and suddenly... I realize. That's not any four banger... It's the unmistakable sound of a Flat-Four... a SUBARU! My stomach churns a bit, noticing the larger rear wing on the back, and gold wheels. Signs that this is no ordinary Subaru. But it lacks the pink STi emblems, could this be another wanna-be? Even if it isn't, it's only got 290 HP vs my 300. And I've got torque...

I stare the driver in the eyes, and give the V8 a little bark. The 20-something stares back, and pulls up his sun-glasses and gives me a nod, and the Flat-Four roars a little. I slowly slide the shifter into 1st, and hold it steady at 2500 RPM, knowing not to spin the tires much, this AWD bugger is a bat from hell with AWD off the line. Now the 20 something and I stare at the light, his Flat-Four humming violently, ready to scream up to 7000 RPM.

The light turns green. And we're off.

Drop the clutch and hear the tires squeal as they fight for grip, but soon the V8 catches the road and I launch off. The Subaru hops off the line silently, and pulls hard.

4000, 5000, 6000, SHIFT!

I pull hard into 2nd, and start to hear an unholy noise. Only comparable to the sound of a Tornado, sucking in anything in it's path... A TURBO!

Quickly I check my rear-view, just into time see the nose of the Subaru pitch up for the Gods, and it makes it's 1-2 shift. Quickly I watch the Tach read higher, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000... But it's too late. I hear the Tornado start again, and the little blue family sedan reaches for the gods and pulls to my side.

I slam into 3rd, not even letting up on the trottle as the tires chirp in fear. But it is not enough, the Subaru slams into 3rd, full throttle just the same. But this time there is no wait for the Tornado to hit.

shhhhhwwwwoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH, and it bucks up and flys past with unrelenting speed. No, this is no ordinary subaru, I realize. As it tears past, shifting hard into 4th, I see the symbol.

Prodrive. Cars tuned by the same people who build rally cars. The company that allows this family sedan to jump 30 feet at unrelenting speeds, in roads I couldn't even think of driving at slow speeds over in the Mustang.

After the sucking noise of the Turbo, and the car passes, I hear that Flat-Four, that strange noise, ripping away my soul. Overpowering the meow of my Mustang (shoulda put glass packs on!).

****it... I say with a smile

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

I though this forum wasn't supposed to talk about SR'ing?

Anyways, on my way to pick a girl up yesterday (I was running late..) I took the broad curves to get on the highway and fairly high speed. When I was at the toll, there was an M3 behind me. He revved it and took off. I caught up to him in the curve, but had to let it off. My crappy tires are all worn down and you feel it when the rear is starting to slip... Yup, all that power in a little civic...

Anyways, what were you in and how modded is it?

EDIT:
Texan, guess we posted right after each other...
Just a puny mustang? I've pulled a few of those (Sadly, for the 'stang)..
Oh, well. B1G, be happy you weren't on a track, or you would really have been raped. Hard.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"

Last edited by Sweed; 08-15-2008 at 08:50 PM..
Old 08-15-2008, 08:56 PM
XMS Administrator

BRAVO TEX (i mean b1g)...BRAVO!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

lol tex, great rendition there...if only the mustang had Vtac...woulda been a different story!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:12 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Sorry ladies I was out food shopping with the misses.....

So the story is:

We are sitting opposite each other at the lights both turning the same way, I figure its just a stock STI so no worries, I look it over from a distance and see blue rims, front splitter, shark teeth on the roof, no spoiler so figure the guys a poser (you know like sweed with his white rims )..... light hits green and we go for it..... I rip out of there pedal to the metal, traction control turned off, no wheel spin as this is a race, great line around the bend... 1st upto 6000 RPM hit a little bit of a double clutch into 2nd and am pulling away from him, then here a hiss and boom he goes past me, thats when I notice the pro-drive stickers down the side (which as we all know gives you the incredible large exhaust, turbo and dump value along with the remapped ECU putting out 300BHP at the crank) I slap it into 3rd but he's already start to slow down so I going flying past, I slow down pull next to him give him the nod, admire his ride, chat with him out the window and then drive merrily on my way.....

Looking over his car I could see he had a NOS tank in between the front seats, so who knows maybe he had that on.... Well I can wish cant I.....

My guess is that the guy gets it a lot and thats why he drives a somewhat sleeper STI......

Obviously tex's version is much more exciting but I was having a crappy day and little bit of fun made it all better!!!! Next investment for the car will have to be the supercharger.... 550BHP here I come!!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Tex's version rules! I thought nos was illegal....or maybe thats just what I've heard.....
Too bad you lost though....I like stangs.....
Old 08-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Obviously tex's version is much more exciting but I was having a crappy day and little bit of fun made it all better!!!! Next investment for the car will have to be the supercharger.... 550BHP here I come!!!
SC's are boring. Go turbo and save some gas, and you can spool that thing hard... Texan just wins with the story though..

Oh, and thanks for the poseur comment. Atleast I'm a reall punk rocker with my 'hawk... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
Tex's version rules! I thought nos was illegal....or maybe thats just what I've heard.....
Too bad you lost though....I like stangs.....
NOS is illegal?
Oh, snap. Guess my cars illegal now.
Guess I gots to get me a silencer for my exhust and get a police scanner!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Depends where you live Sweed. In cali, any mod that can be attributed towards street racing is considered illegal. You remember last year the pictures of several imports pancaked on top each other in a junk yard. N20 included.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-15-2008, 10:17 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

NOS as I understand it is legally allowed to be in your car just not turned on....

But depending on what you get, i.e. fogger system vs. DPI most people can't tell the difference, especially the cops, plus should you be so inclined you can purchase numerous sneaky devices to make it look like its turn off when it really isn't.....

Again though this site does not endorse any sort of street racing, what I do to myself is my own business, I merely use tex as my median for passing funny stories onto the public....

@ sweed you really got NOS???

@ sweed and tex - you guys make me laugh..... your always breaking my balls about driving a Mustang yet if we took all three of your cars, (the rex the CST/10 and the FireBird) plus all your performance parts I don't think they would total half the cost of my car.....

Old 08-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
NOS as I understand it is legally allowed to be in your car just not turned on....

But depending on what you get, i.e. fogger system vs. DPI most people can't tell the difference, especially the cops, plus should you be so inclined you can purchase numerous sneaky devices to make it look like its turn off when it really isn't.....

Again though this site does not endorse any sort of street racing, what I do to myself is my own business, I merely use tex as my median for passing funny stories onto the public....

@ sweed and tex - you guys make me laugh..... your always breaking my balls about driving a Mustang yet if we took all three of your cars, (the rex the CST/10 and the FireBird) plus all your performance parts I don't think they would total half the cost of my car.....
Oh, didn't know that. Just read stories of CRX's running on Juice pulling much faster (and esxpensiver) cars. Nope, don't have NOS. If I still have the car in a few years, it's engine swap/build (for vtec, D16Z6) and possibly bottle time. Turbo's a bit expensive, for me....

And if we added them up, it wouldn't be half as much, but would be twice as much.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Oh, didn't know that. Just read stories of CRX's running on Juice pulling much faster (and esxpensiver) cars. Nope, don't have NOS. If I still have the car in a few years, it's engine swap/build (for vtec, D16Z6) and possibly bottle time. Turbo's a bit expensive, for me....

And if we added them up, it wouldn't be half as much, but would be twice as much.
i know i'd pay big bucks for a Firbird from the '80s era, and i'd make it look like... well just look at my name!!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
haha keep telling yourself that my friend!!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Well I do think sweed is on the BS level when he claims he beat any Mustang GT with sub 90 HP. His generation of CRX never went above 85 if I recall right. Weightless or not, 85 HP isn't exactly roasting tires.

But, I've only spent 2-3k on the Chevy. Given, a lot of stuff has been through deals too (Like, getting a good 67-72 C10 for $500), and knowing some people who sell stuff. My aluminum radiator for instance was dirt cheap because the shop we bought it from does business with the dealership my dad works at.

The firebird, isn't worth much (2K ish), but probably just under a grand has been put into it. It's also really slow in a straight line, but side by side, it feels a bit more grounded then my friend's GT, being lower down and stiffer (Could be because it's gutless too and doesn't get as rear-wheel happy). That is, until my tires started loosing tread... lol.

But like I said, the GT is a butt-load more comfortable then my car. A lot more comfortable. At slow speeds, I can feel some paint stripes on the road.

You bought the Mustang NEW. My two cars are old. If I spend 25K on the Firebird or the Chevy, ohhh momma, your stang would be in trouble! Small block chevy is the cheapest engine ever to build, and with 25k, a lot can get done

Quote:
I merely use tex as my median for passing funny stories onto the public....
I gladly over exaggerate. Hey, I made you look good in the story too!

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 08-15-2008 at 10:52 PM..
Old 08-15-2008, 11:25 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

B1G your car still 100% stock??

Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Great Story...

texan_idiot25.....great write-up. Write-up another one....
Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:

my blazer and my saturn wouldn't even total up to your rims, tires, and air freshener
Old 08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSHELBY View Post
B1G your car still 100% stock??
Yes it is but stay posted, tints, stripes and louvres coming soon.... hopefully to be following by exhaust and intake system.....

Oh and no fart can or silenced weed whacker for me..... aggressive sound borla system.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 08-16-2008 at 12:24 AM..
Old 08-16-2008, 12:19 AM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

haha wow guys lol what about my car? That can be thrown into the mix lol it could easyily beat the firebird and crx haha sorry guys lol. O and B1G the original cost of my car was 40,000$ hahaha i think i win here lol

Btw nice story B1G even though texan wrote it....

(and B1g u double posted lol)