Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default August '08 - August '09 Real Car Build Off Winner

Well despite only 30 votes we managed to crown a winner....

Congratulations to texan_idiot25 for his amazing 1969 Chevrolet CST10:

Quote:
Bought it in the beginning of 2007 for $500 bucks, and a week later dragged it home and parked it. For two years it's home was my dad's drive way. So long so that it is on google maps and street view Late that year, I had found an engine and transmission for $750, a 'rebuilt' small block 350, and a rebuilt TH350 trans. Paid for it friday, painted it saturday morning, and it was running by that evening. That Christmas broght a slew of parts to get the drivetrain fairly finished. Over the course of the next year though, not much happened. I had a second car, the SlowBird, and was just trying to save money. But, when it came down to it, I had one choice. Sold the Firebird for 2 grand, and went to work for the 2 week xmas break to get'r'done. With a 2 grand budget it was just enough to get things done. Disk brakes parts from a 73-87 C10 "heavy halfton" were used including the spindles, calipers, ball joints, and brake lines to convert the front from drums to disks. The disks are custom made 6 lug versions. This was the most taxing part of the build, 40 year old truck suspension was nothing but trouble to take apart. And I now hate any suspension work to this degree. It was also dropped initally 3in front and 5 rear, but the rear was raised to a 3in drop for some axle clearence (this is still a truck, and it still works like one) Then attention was paid to finishing everything under hood. Engine wiring, various fuel and coolant lines were done properly. New accessory fuse block and wiring were added to keep the new things we added out of the stock harnes. The gauge cluster was painted, rebuilt, and added an '05 Cadillac Escalade clock. All of the garbage wiring done to the truck was redone and the electrics of the truck restored. Interior consists of 1st gen S10 seat belts, and 08 Silverado seats, with welded supports for all new bolt holes. New radio and speakers were added, apart of the new wiring process. Head lights were in finally, and the truck began to look like a truck for the 1st time! Every day from the moment I woke up til I went to sleep was spent on it during those two weeks. And by the end of the brake, I took it for it's first drive. Just a little run to burnish in the brakes and get a little test run in. It needed some odds and ends done, but on Febuary 5th, 2009, tag inspected and taxed, I drove it home and the CST10 was a road worthy machine. Not with out a few quirks, but as to be expected. Currently awaiting body work and a cab swap, and of course, mo' speed. Currently my daily driver with several thousands of miles put on since last febuary. A total joy to drive, and a unique experience with other people make this one of the best experiene/decisions/money pits of my life so far.

The entire build thread can be found here.

Well done tex and thanks for sharing such a great build with us.

Second place goes to sweed.
Third place goes to me.

Congrats to our other entrants.

A new build off section will be available shortly.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Congrats man. That truck is the bomb. Awesome work.

Later, T.I.M
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM
is awesome

Trader Rating: (5)

gratz tex tiss a nice truck. the biggest thing it being a chevy which you can't go wrong there.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Wow congrats man! You did a great job on it.And congrats to the other entrants for doing a great job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Woot!

Now, did you guys ever plan a prize or anything? Bondo and I were talking about it while planning.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

No sorry mate this became a 'just for fun' competition so no prize is available...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....