Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > General Mini & Micro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Firelap AWD 2.4ghz IW04M review

I searched high and low online for Firelap IW04M RC car reviews but i found very little information . What i did find was 1 excellent review that , unfortunately, is now slightly outdated because Firelap has changed the latest Firelap RC offering by providing a new & better transmitter and a different (at the very least color) chassis.

The short version for those that dont want to read a long review:
I'd rate the Firelap IW04M at a 7 or 8 out of 10. The class of the 1/28th RC world is said to be Kyoshos Mini Z . IF we accept that then i'd rate a Mini Z a perfect 10 and the Firelap, if you get one with no problems right out of the box, at at least a 7 and a high of 8. Kyosho Mini Z's electronics might be fantastic but the 2.4ghz IW04M electronics i have aren't bad and it's better than XMODS of any type based upon what i've been told by multiple owners of both the XMOD and IW04M. The Firelap AWD is a solid, fast car with proper steering and good handling . The swing shafts leave something to be desired so be prepared to manually fix or replace them with better versions. I personally had trouble with one out of the box . It wasn't broken but it did bind at first and needed to be "fixed". Another unlucky person actually had all 4 break. Again, be prepared for that just in case. Some have reported differential binding in the older grey IW04M chassis but i have not experienced this with the black and white colored IW04M chassis. If you can find one for less than $100 shipped i personally believe it's worth it if there are no flaws out of the box but some might debate that. If you find it for less than $80 shipped take it and run . Fast.

Last edited by Customizer; 01-17-2013 at 11:02 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

Thanks for the short review. I 've sold all my xmods and looking to replace them with these for friends and family to use when they come over. I have some Mini-Z but hate to let an inexperienced driver use them. The kids that can drive tend to drive wrong way and have head on collisions.

From what you see are parts from MA-010 going to fit the IW04.