Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

*Update*
Not really a major update or anything but I got something in the mail today and thought I would share it.

^also can see the dual exhaust in this picture I realised I never loaded a picture of them.
Alittle blurry but the guage lights.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 02-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

ooo I like those guage lights. Lol at the sign.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Ya the gauges are my favorite part now but in the process of changing the leds the speedometer cable gave out which it was about to break anyways but already bought the replacement cable just need to install it.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 02-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Back from the bodyshop

No updates as of yet but am going to try update more often and not wait so long. But spent like 20 minutes at the car wash yesterday and it was well worth it plus my mom got a new camera so I tested it out.

Thinking about taking more tomorrow but as for the hood Master Autobody said a high estimate to repair and paint the current hood would be 1500 dollars. So I found some cheap hoods on craigslist and hopefully one thats already primered so just have to pay to get it painted. Now I just need to get this all done in time for my churches car show on May 2nd (took 1st in 2007) hopefully it will go well.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 02-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

One thing that is absolutely killing the look of your car is that dang trunk rack. TAKE IT OFF!

I know there will be holes in the trunk if you do, but man it will still look so much better. Really liking the car and the fact that you are young and keeping a classic feel to it, don't find many people your age willing to keep a classic car classic.

Keep up the good work man, you are definitely going in the right direction.

As for the guy with the Blazer talking crap, shrug it off and ignore him. I get people like that all the time, you know why they do it? To make themselves feel bigger and badder even though they are mostly just jealous of what you have and want to find a way to redeem themselves in thinking they are faster.

In the end, you still have the cooler car. Don't even bother racing him, I'd hate to see the idiot screw up and smash into your car.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:27 AM
Back from the bodyshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
One thing that is absolutely killing the look of your car is that dang trunk rack. TAKE IT OFF!

I know there will be holes in the trunk if you do, but man it will still look so much better. Really liking the car and the fact that you are young and keeping a classic feel to it, don't find many people your age willing to keep a classic car classic.
Thanks ya i know what you mean about the age and classic car. I have had many friends ask me why i would rather have my car than something newer or more reliable but i just always say the same thing. a newer car to me is easier to drive,more reliable,and has less problems but there is no other feeling than driving a classic.(Plus seeing peoples expression while driving by is pretty fun too)

As for the luggage rack instead of talking it off and filling in the trunk holes i found some pretty cheap deck lids and thought about getting it and painting it the same time the new hood gets painted.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|

Last edited by supraboi97; 02-22-2009 at 01:29 AM..
Old 02-22-2009, 01:48 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
but there is no other feeling than driving a classic.(Plus seeing peoples expression while driving by is pretty fun too)
Amen to it, nothing like screaming out the window at highway speeds to the guy next to you as he asks questions about it.. Classics FTW.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Update Time

Just got back from a trip to duncanville from a hood I found on craigslist. He wanted to get rid of it so it was only 50 dollars which is in my price range and a really good deal. It has a shelby hood scoop on it and just needs some sanding and then the paint work. Best part is I bought some hood pins about 2 months ago and this hood already had the holes for them and they fit perfectly. So.......

Later in the week I might take to old one off and put this on before paint to get a better feel of how it would look but am going to have to take the hood latch off the old hood so it would just be a mock up.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|

Last edited by supraboi97; 03-11-2009 at 06:47 PM..
Old 03-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Back from the bodyshop

A little update
So hopefully if we can contact the autobody place they can get the hood painted. We have a shop a friend recommended that does quality paint quick and cheap so might check it out. Got quite a bit of rain today so I decided to take some pictures while the car was out of the garage due to a garage cleaning.

<soon to have a GT hood scoop its already painted and paid to be installed just need to find the right time where the car isn't needed for a while and to put the front ground effects put back on.
decided to take a couple of my mom's car as well. Now there is a sign in the garage that says mustang parking only because 4 out of the 5 people in my family drive a mustang other than my dad's truck.

It also got a much needed alignment which now drives straight for once without holding the wheel.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|

Last edited by supraboi97; 03-26-2009 at 12:30 AM..
Old 03-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

man your car is looking good, and that hood is gunna look sick on it. nice work
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Thanks hopefully it gets put on soon. And ling427vette since you are viewing this thread as long as weather is good tomorrow ill take the rack off and take a side view just for you .

Well got to thinking and pretty sure the luggage rack has something under the supports to keep it from leaking so its probably better if I leave it on and look for another trunk lid and maybe get it painted with the hood.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|

Last edited by supraboi97; 03-27-2009 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Just got back from the body shop that was recommended to us. For the side of my moms to get fixed he quoted about $550 which is almost half that master autobody quoted. So the hood shouldn't be expensive at all but he couldn't give an estimate on it because we only took pictures up there for now. But moms car goes in the shop this friday and once hers is out I think my hood is going in. Looks like next week will be very exciting for me.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|

Last edited by supraboi97; 04-04-2009 at 08:16 PM..
Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Another update well the car is still in the body shop it was suppose to be done friday of last week and I was starting to get mad. However we called to check up on it and it turns out the guy that runs the body shop and the one working on my hood has been in the hospital so i'm now ok with it not being done mainly concered for his health at this moment.
But some good news even though the car has been gone I picked up a little suprize for it when it returns......
A holley 600 cfm electric choke 4 barrell carburator.

A friend at my church over heard me talking about eventually getting a 4 barrell carb and he told me that he had one he is selling because he no longer needs it and will sell it to us for what he paid for it and it was suprizingly only $75.00. So now just waiting to buy an edelbrock 289 performer intake.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 04-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Get a nice tuning kit and read how to build them and it will do you good. 600 Is a good CFM for a little stock motor too.

Square or spread bore?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Its a square bore and appears to be in good condition. The guy bought it from one of his friends but didn't really have a use for it but bought it since he thought I might be interested and he told me and picked it up 2 days later. It didn't come with the gaskets though so i'll probably go get those from Dallas Mustang.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Back from the bodyshop

The biggest update so far

Fresh from the paint booth

Looks kind of weird from the inside now.

Hood pins FTW

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 05-02-2009, 08:14 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Ouch dude! It looks hot!! That hood is mean and the hood pins really fit it!!

Great update man!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 05-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Thanks the hood pins are my favorite part. So as of now my plans are buy an edelbrock intake and have the carburator installed. But once more money is saved up it is going back in the bodyshop to have the luggage rack removed and the holes filled and also have the passenger mirror removed.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

NICE, but with the mean hood, you need to loose the stock wheels and luggage rack.

It's badass up front, and ready to hit the super market in back.

Does this hood function?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Back from the bodyshop

Thats what I said when we saw it ready for the first time today I was saying it looks weird with the hood and a luggage rack. But the luggage rack is next on my list after the carburator is put on. As for the wheels that will be a while since the ones I want are the torq-thrust II's and those are a little pricey. But the hood isn't actually functional its just there for looks I would have made it functional but we bought it this way so I just left it alone.

./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|