Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)
Default GTA4: let the controversy commense.

the next installment for gta4 will be:

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of *** Tony

No joke!
I am glad rockstar is open-minded, and i support this game because of that, but then again, not too many people are like me. i am sure people will try to boycott rockstar, developers will quit, there will most likely be at least one news story relating to this, over-the-top homophobes will riot, over-the-top republicans will blame Obama for "letting" this "terrible disgrace for a game" hit the shelves, and everyone else will just sit in stunned silence. i cannot wait for this game, personally, but what i'm more excited about is the reactions of radical homophobes. this should be funny. (the controversy begins this fall)
Old 06-14-2009, 12:28 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Personally I don't think it will matter which side of the stamp he licks... beating hoes with a baseball bat is always going to be fun..... any serious GTA player won't be bothered by this latest twist.... and besides you don't know for definite that the character you are playing as is actually *** his boss just has a nickname with *** in it....

The promo reads:

Quote:
In contrast to Grand Theft Auto IV's seedy biker gang expansion The Lost and ****ed, The Ballad of *** Tony is said to focus on the glitzy "high-end night life" of Liberty City. The second Xbox 360 exclusive episode will put players in the role of Luis Lopez, confirming previous rumors, as his part-time hoodlum duties are supplemented by full-time work for nightclub impresario Tony "*** Tony" Prince.

According to the official announcement, "players will struggle with the competing loyalties of family and friends, and with the uncertainty about who is real and who is fake in a world in which everyone has a price."
So I don't think it will be anywhere near the disgrace your looking for, also its a downloadable episode so it will never hit the shelves... only people with Xbox Live will ever know about it....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 06-14-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Old 06-14-2009, 01:01 AM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

you know for someone that says everyone else needs to be open about certain things, you sure only read into this with a one way view. i think b1g summed up the game with the promo. and its just a nickname from how i am reading it........

need to learn to look into something more before spouting off about it...

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 06-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Rockstar makes fun of ***s quite often in the GTA series. What makes you think this is some pro-***-pride thing?

You are way ignorant in your vision of the consumer reaction to the game. Your the only one making controversy about it. And I honestly think your going to find this plays a parody, as typical RockStar style. At which point your going to whine about how insensitive RockStar is by playing stereotypes, as per their normal Style.

And finally; Honestly you give the *** rights movement a bad name.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-14-2009 at 03:08 AM..
Old 06-14-2009, 03:21 AM
MSI <3

i never mentioned anything about this being about *** rights at all. in fact i was only joking about the "reactions" (although, here in georgia, that IS going to happen, it's a sure thing), i just didn't make it obvious. i suppose i messed up there. i'll look over my joke posts a fiew times from now on.

plus, i know it's going to be parodicle in every way, but that doesn't mean it'll be anti-***, either. i'm sure that no matter what, they will offend someone, so they are going to try to offend both sides of the issue (to soften the blow).

(also, b1g, they sell codes for TLAD, so i'm sure TBoGT will also have codes for sale at gamestop. so it will hit the shelves.)
Old 06-14-2009, 08:19 AM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

what gets me is when you say stuff like "over the top homophobes".
you're an over the top pro homo. i've never seen someone fight so hard for something they (supposedly) aren't even a part of.
why do you even bring this crap here?
no one cares and i highly doubt that your gaining a following of pro *** Xmodders.
STFU with it already......
Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
i never mentioned anything about this being about *** rights at all.
I wonder what you were implying here:
Quote:
I am glad rockstar is open-minded, and i support this game because of that, but then again, not too many people are like me.

And no, your run-on about consumer reaction was an ignorant stereotyping of various groups and people. Isn't that what you constantly whine about when someone makes a sour comment at a ***? So what in your mind, makes it ok to joke about other groups? Hypocrisy, my friend.

Not to mention, in order for something to be a joke, it needs to be funny. And the ever so ignorant:
Quote:
i am sure people will try to boycott rockstar, developers will quit, there will most likely be at least one news story relating to this, over-the-top homophobes will riot, over-the-top republicans will blame Obama for "letting" this "terrible disgrace for a game" hit the shelves, and everyone else will just sit in stunned silence. i cannot wait for this game, personally, but what i'm more excited about is the reactions of radical homophobes. this should be funny.
Is hardly said as a joke. It's your pathetic, wanna-be-subliminal *** rights propaganda. No body is boycotting anything. The developers haven't left, as they've made the game (*******), I see no riots in the streets, what does Obama have to do with this?, You can't speak for everyone, and radical homophobes probably don't care enough, not like anyone is going to convince RockStar otherwise.

Once again, I think your going to be displeased with how they present the game.

And you are honestly a total disgrace to the *** rights movements with your incredibly ignorant far left views.

Today we once again refer back to the List of "Stuff That White People Like". STWPL#101: Being Offended:
Quote:
White people also get excited at the opportunity to be offended at things that are sexist and/or homophobic. Both cases offering ample opportunities for lectures, complaints, graduate classes, lengthy discussions and workshops. All of which do an excellent job of raising awareness among white people who hope to change their status from “not racist” to “super not racist.”

[...]

It is also valuable to know that white people spend a significant portion of their time preparing for the moment when they will be offended. They read magazines, books, and watch documentaries all in hopes that one day they will encounter a person who will say something offensive. When this happens, they can leap into action with quotes, statistics, and historical examples. Once they have finished lecturing another white person about how it’s wrong to use the term “black” instead of “African-American,” they can sit back and relax in the knowledge that they have made a difference.

[...]

Another thing worth noting is that the threshold for being offended is a very important tool for judging and ranking white people. Missing an opportunity to be outraged is like missing a reference to Derrida-it’s social death.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-14-2009 at 12:29 PM..
Old 06-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Hey Firebird, you really should take a look at the rules.

Quote:
10. Do not post anything discussion religion, politics, or sexual orientation. There are far too many immature members here to have any kind of discussion on these topics. Many times in the past this has been proved and usually ends in either someones feelings hurt, and / or infractions.
edit-
This is the B1G
Quote:
A combined standalone disc-based package titled Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which will not require the original GTA IV game to be played, is planned to be released alongside the second expansion and will contain both The Lost and ****ed and The Ballad of *** Tony.
Source

Last edited by imnotmikal; 06-14-2009 at 03:23 PM..
Old 06-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
...people will try to boycott rockstar, developers will quit, there will most likely be at least one news story relating to this, over-the-top homophobes will riot, over-the-top republicans will blame Obama for "letting" this "terrible disgrace for a game" hit the shelves, and everyone else will just sit in stunned silence. i cannot wait for this game, personally, but what i'm more excited about is the reactions of radical homophobes.
Hows this to cross out ALL of the above, at least on my part- I don't do XBL, I do PSN, so I could care less about a GTA4 mini-game exclusive download. 4 wasn't all that after 5 hours of just screwing around to realize the story is generic and gloom.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Advance member

I've got some hacked screen shots from test development:

Looks like you can still hi-jack cars:
[IMG]http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/ambig_***_penis_mobile.jpg[/IMG]

In game puzzles to sort out:

[IMG]http://yooryoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ambiguously_***_duo.jpg[/IMG]

story scenes:
[IMG]http://www.animatorsunite.com/data/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/ambiguously_***_duo_5_2.jpg[/IMG]

second-life type of transportation:

[IMG]http://home.teleport.com/~rasputin/ImageFiles/amb_***1.jpg[/IMG]

Consume food for health:

I don't see any innovations in this....
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

That made my day.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Modifier

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Wow lol, I'd bother getting it if it were true to our "leaked screenshots."
Old 06-16-2009, 11:54 AM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Send a message via AIM to noturday

really its not all that new for GTA. there's a whole big section of the map on GTA: San Andreas that is designated as the *** community. personally i think its funny that they chose the location for the import modification shop to be right in the middle of the *** district. but even with a *** part of town it's still my favorite GTA game to date (yes i like it better than GTA IV) and i still play it. i just played it 2 days ago in fact.

Team XI
Old 06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Xmod Expert

This is still going on? I have been watching this unfold for the longest time, and have never said anything. But here goes:

Firebird, you're utterly retarded. Nobody gives a **** about you being or not being ***, WE ARE HERE FOR XMODS... Nobody cares about the *** movement, AND WE DEFINITELY DONT CARE ABOUT THE SEXUAL REVOLUTION...

What really bothers me is that your trying to defend something you dont believe in. If your not man enough to admit your *** (like 90% of this forums probably thinks you are) **** off and stop pressuring us to like ***s.

I had no problem with *** people, but you are giving a bad name to the ***s. Go get a life and stop spreading spam all over XMS. If you want to do this go find your own ****ING forum to do this on.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Advance member

This thread needs some Depeche mode!:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Come on, Firebird, people are people.

And why not a unicorn for good measure?

I don't want to sound *** or anything but Unicorns, depeche mode and miatas rock!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to AeroSynch Send a message via MSN to AeroSynch Send a message via Yahoo to AeroSynch

Banned again I see, but is it a permanent ban?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

he was temp banned for unrelated spam.
this thread was approved pretty much to point out his flawed logic.

so, show of hands.
who's getting sick of hearing about his pro *** opinions?

ME!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to AeroSynch Send a message via MSN to AeroSynch Send a message via Yahoo to AeroSynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post

so, show of hands.

ME!
That makes two of us.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Modifier

I guess make it 3. I think not being anti-anything is enough to prove oneself to be open minded and not judgmental.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post

so, show of hands.

ME!
Agreed.