Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2016, 04:37 PM
They all fall someday...

Trader Rating: (0)
Default New project in 2016...Porsche Cayenne

So last year i got this one:

-Haven't touch it with the stock board... but right now i am on the market for a ASF 2.4ghz miniz board....

So sad Radioshack shoot themselves in the foot with 2013 xmods 1/24 & 1/16 rubbish....all they had to do was releasing new 1:1 bodys & bodykits and kept the Gen1 & Evo style chassis with just 2013 cheap 2,4ghz board... they were still selling like hot cakes today....

It is going to be a challenge making this an RC like the other's i made...cause parts now are only in ebay or something like that... and not on the "shops"

Last edited by targetingxmod; 02-15-2016 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-15-2016, 09:55 PM

You should have a step by step on how to add and what to take off when adding the board. Hopefully you use a gen 1 chassis for this project
Old 02-16-2016, 09:04 AM
They all fall someday...

Well...the pic's are online...so, here we go again....

No need for words...

For GEN1 xmods...

-An AM 27mhz board, equal to a Minz board...but from Atomic. Need an AM 27mhz radio and the respective cristals....Stock gen1 servo will came alive and no need for steering mods. SERVO will work like it should, problems is only the xmods boards, that are rubbish and toyish!

-In this using a AM 27mhz original Miniz board. Need an AM 27mhz radio and respective cristals...use the stock gen1 servo...it will move like it should to! :P . Notice that this is the original AM 27mhz miniz board and pots are still using 2 wires... so from the servo gen1 one must be parallel to another!

-Using a ASF 2.4ghz miniz board. Stock GEN1 servo will work very good like an ordinary RC servo. Need an ASF 2.4ghz miniz radio or module.

This is for the Gen1 xmods.

Every single 5wires are self explained on the servo stuff in pic

More to say... the work is done! Just grab an iron, get the wires ready for solder...and do it! For me it was a PITA to find the conjungation of 5 wires to 5wires...but on those 25conections... one worked

But being an xmod "friend"...i show on to how for evos to...

-With an original Miniz AM 27mhz board. Notice the 5 wires of the stock evo car one is parallel, cause the board only use 4 wires for servo.

-This is the wiring to a ASF 2.4ghz Miniz board. Theres the all 5 wires for the servo (3 for pot and 2 for servo motor)

-All those 2 board were in this xmod with a lexan body. Now i use only the ASF board in here!

-Best thing an xmod is for.... :P

-Using an original AM 27mhz miniz board. The stock evo pot orange and black are wired together to the black of the miniz board servo section.

-Fat motor cables :P

-Need to use an AM 27mhz radio.

NOW for brushless board... same thing...they are just brushless, the rest is equal!

-See? MILLION dollar picture...

-Need to use an ASF 2,4ghz miniz radio or module.

I think no need for more words?

"Mario209" are you the "e-mail" xmod guy we talk?

Last edited by targetingxmod; 02-16-2016 at 09:21 AM..
Old 02-27-2016, 01:28 AM

I was finally able to connect everything up but my servo is really jittery and doesn't center. Why is going on?

Last edited by Mario209; 02-29-2016 at 02:56 PM..
Old 03-01-2016, 03:50 PM
They all fall someday...

Are you talking about a Gen1 or evo?

Open a thread for yours, and we talk in there... put pictures of what you have done... resize them to 800x600 or 1024x768 no more... and let's see what the problem is....

I SAW you changed 2 wires and it's good now. Put a picture of the 5 wires wired good. As for the steering not going all the way, simply raise the steering trim on the radio. IT will overdrive the mechanicals on the max. To much side to side. Or get a ICS cable and conect the board plug to the USB of a pc and work on the software for that and a bunch more stuff...like aceleration and even steering torque!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 03-04-2016 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-04-2016, 04:52 PM
They all fall someday...

-See? That plug on the other side is a USB. Then use the software to change the parameters like steering TRIM, or steering torque, or steering speed... it's nothing like the xmods boards... And yes, you have the aceleration of throothle, speed of throotle and so many features more...

Last edited by targetingxmod; 03-04-2016 at 04:55 PM..
Old 03-11-2016, 12:24 AM
Stage 2 member

What's up Targeting? Your projects always amaze me... I never got that far with my xmods. I'll be following your Porsche build and am looking forward to it!
Old 04-14-2016, 06:46 AM
They all fall someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs999 View Post
What's up Targeting? Your projects always amaze me... I never got that far with my xmods. I'll be following your Porsche build and am looking forward to it!
Here it is:

-I had got a laying around Losi Micro board AM 27mhz, so i decided to give it a go!!

-Removed the stock board "junk"

-Open the servo of the losi board to figure what servo motor cables (2 wires) + (3wires) pots cables are! Those 5wires are the key to wire a xmod servo (2+3) to any miniz/losi board. The insides of the stock servo of losi from the losi board, help to figure what are the 2 servo motor's wires and the 3 pot wires..... :P

-The million dollar photo!

-Removed the On/off by wiring it together. Photo is selfexplanatory!

-It's a Losi!!!!

Now i need to run it, and swap to 4x4, bearings, and some GPM on the right corners, and call it a go and hit the home track!!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-15-2016 at 04:19 AM..
Old 04-19-2016, 04:57 AM
They all fall someday...

The Losi antenna gets loose to fast
http://www.microtforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=30

-Grab a new one and solder on the right spot!

-Changed the plastic knuckles on rear for alloy ones. TO much play with plastic ones! As we know!

-Driving it on track i notice that chassis was to high!! So:

-Suspension towers to lower the chassis! Much better handling!

For now, that's it! :P
Old 04-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Stage 1 member

Love your builds. I wonder if we can 3d print more parts to revive this community...
Old 04-21-2016, 08:06 AM
They all fall someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbeengone View Post
Love your builds. I wonder if we can 3d print more parts to revive this community...
Thanks! I like them to!
Have no idea of 3D Printing... to soon...maybe when HP & Epson start selling them at 100$....maybe! :P And software to build will be easy on the fly, like a 3D scan!

-I almost locked the rear diff. It was to open for my taste!

-Also got some bearings around the house for it....but remembered those need a shim on the kncukles only selled by the GPM knuckles...i haven't those on the bag.... these xmods bearings are 6x10x2,5mm that is the standart. I need 3x10x3 for not use those shims on the shafts.

-But the 6x10x2,5mm will go on internals.

The 6x10x3 only go for the rims then. It's hard to find parts now....and time passing by we forget stuff :P

It drives and handles a track like it should, and still not have the front alloy knuckles!!! And i might stick to 2wd on this one! Starting to like it!

Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-21-2016 at 08:11 AM..
Old 04-23-2016, 04:15 AM
They all fall someday...

Allright, made a video showing it.... already drivable :P

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:33 PM
Stage 2 member

Looking good as always. I will definitely have to try that losi board swap!
Old 07-22-2016, 06:01 AM
They all fall someday...

-This is to show the pinion size i use on my Kyosho Mp9e :P

-And i got the full bearings for it. Notice that size of bearings is for the alloy knuckles to fit just right without shims.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

-Also made a new video of it...