Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > XMOD Body Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)
Default Waxing your body.

Here's how I wax my Xmod bodies.

Supplies:

Two rags or peices of a t-shirt. I use ones that are 100% cotton. Microfiber rags are an awesome alternative.

Automotive wax. I'm using Mother's California Gold.

Whatever you're waxing. I'm using a stock Hummer hood.

Step 1. After you've open the wax, rub one of the rags in it. Make sure you've got a good amount of wax on.

Step 2. Rub the wax on to the body part in a circular motion for about a minute and a half. Start out rubbing hard and let up a bit as you go.
Do not push too hard, you can start to wear the paint off.

Step 3. Wait about 5 minutes until the wax has become pretty dull. Then, use the second rag (the un-waxed one) to wipe the wax off. Push hard at first again, then let up a bit. Make sure you wipe the wax out of all of the small seams, such as door lines and corners. The wax can get in there and harden and looks really bad once it dries. You can still get it off with a Q-Tip or rag, but it's just easier if you take the precautions and do it right the first time.

Step 4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you get the desired finish. I usually use two to three "coats" to be safe. you can use more or less, it all depends on your tastes.

Did it make a difference? You tell me:

Last edited by xmodkidd33; 03-15-2008 at 10:10 PM..