Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2008, 07:53 AM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

i don't think your sunfire would have much of a chance.... lol that mustang is very nice

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 11-26-2008, 09:23 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Thanks guys!!

Donzii table issue should be fixed now.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
SPR

ouch that sucks about the strips! but other than what looks like someone doesnt know how to install them correctly, what doesnt fit about them?
Old 11-26-2008, 03:32 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
ouch that sucks about the strips! but other than what looks like someone doesnt know how to install them correctly, what doesnt fit about them?
Well the stripe is cut out so that you can drop it straight over the scoop, once over the scoop you are supposed to slide up so that the front of the scoop flush fits with the stripe, there are little notches cut in the stripes spoiler hole so everything can get right up against each other, problem is when they line it all up they are left with an excess of stripe material in the middle, if they try and line it up any other way it just doesn't center correctly and you end up with a gap on one side rather than the flush fit its supposed to have.

Its really hard to tell if its the installer not knowing what they are doing, the hood scoop not being centered or a mistake in the cutting template.

I've sent the photos to the stripes manufacturer to ask for more information on what to do, if worst comes to worst I'll order a solid piece have them remove the scoop, fit the stripe, reinstall the scoop.

Just means my cars gonna be in the shop another week!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The stripes aren't actually on are they? Those things are wrinkled like mad!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 11-26-2008, 03:47 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
The stripes aren't actually on are they? Those things are wrinkled like mad!
Don't be silly.....! The body shop wet them and lined them up in a few different positions for me so I could take photos to shop the manufacturer... they should be as flat as can be but thats the problem being experienced! Lining them causes them to wrinkle up....

Old 11-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

OH! thought these were pics after it was layed out. 'Bout to say, alignment isn't the only problem.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 11-26-2008, 04:01 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Well the stripe is cut out so that you can drop it straight over the scoop, once over the scoop you are supposed to slide up so that the front of the scoop flush fits with the stripe, there are little notches cut in the stripes spoiler hole so everything can get right up against each other, problem is when they line it all up they are left with an excess of stripe material in the middle, if they try and line it up any other way it just doesn't center correctly and you end up with a gap on one side rather than the flush fit its supposed to have.

Its really hard to tell if its the installer not knowing what they are doing, the hood scoop not being centered or a mistake in the cutting template.

I've sent the photos to the stripes manufacturer to ask for more information on what to do, if worst comes to worst I'll order a solid piece have them remove the scoop, fit the stripe, reinstall the scoop.

Just means my cars gonna be in the shop another week!!

gotcha, that sucks. good luck on getting it straightened out. more than likely the manufacture is going to say tuff **** though! but wish ya the best of luck!
Old 11-26-2008, 04:02 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

If they mis-cut it then it's their problem besides if worst comes to worst as I said I'll just order the uncut piece give that to my body shop and they say that will go right on.....

Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

just a thought.. but what bout heat guning it. like use a heat guy to shrink the strip to a tight fit. just my $0.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 11-26-2008, 10:15 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxmoder View Post
just a thought.. but what bout heat guning it. like use a heat guy to shrink the strip to a tight fit. just my $0.02
doesnt work that way.... and if its miss cut, even if shrinking it was possible, that wouldnt solve it being miss cut.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:58 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

OK the word is this.... apparently there are two spoilers available with the GT appearance package.... one mass produced the other limited in quantity.... its basically luck of the draw as to which one you get and I got the crappy one!!

The template my stripe was cut around is for the mass produced one so going to have to do a bit of custom work to get it to work!!

Old 11-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

lol you just werent ment for a easy life... maybe say that your spoiler the (crappy one) does not fit or there is a bad defect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 11-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Here is a pic of the full 3d Carbon Boy Racer body kit:

Drop the horizontal bits over the headlights and on the front bumber, smooth out the over-fenders, drop the window lovers, no spoiler, different rims, smoother mirrors, smooth over the little side vent, drop the rear side marker, flatten out the side skirts, drop the lights in the middle of the grill and paint the hood. It would look ALOT cleaner, and possibly better....

BIG, looking good.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 11-29-2008, 11:56 PM
SPR

he might as well bust out the foam and make his own body kit from all that work you have him doing lol.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Drop the horizontal bits over the headlights and on the front bumber, smooth out the over-fenders, drop the window lovers, no spoiler, different rims, smoother mirrors, smooth over the little side vent, drop the rear side marker, flatten out the side skirts, drop the lights in the middle of the grill and paint the hood. It would look ALOT cleaner, and possibly better....

BIG, looking good.
Haha wow.... I think you kinda missed the point This is a wide body kit it's supposed to be like that, the only bit I would do is get rid of the splitters on the front lights but otherwise it would stay pretty much the same.....

Old 11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
SPR

any updates on the stripes?
Old 11-30-2008, 10:32 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Only update is I haven't had my car for a week now!

The body shop is finishing the rest of the car and I need to get that replacement part ASAP so the hood can get finished!! Hopefully the company I'm dealing with can sort their act tomorrow as we are back from the holidays!!

Need to get the new wing installed and striped as well but I'll probably do that myself!

Oh edit... but because it was the holidays and because I was depressed due to not having my car I went ahead and order myself a new part..... possible the most useless part available but it looks pretty sweet!! Also and as usual the price was a steal.... so I got myself a set of sequential tail lights....

[UPDATE] Replacement piece has been ordered.... should be here Wednesday hopefully I can have the finished car back for Friday......!!!

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 12-01-2008 at 04:28 PM..
Old 12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Sequential lights with LED bulbs look fantastic on this car. This one local mustang around here, a black GT with all the badging, wings, and GT trim taken off. Sequential lights and a subtle set of rims, and is the nicest stang I've seen. Simple and clean, with old school touches looking back at that Merc Cougar.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

They do look sweet! That's one of the reasons I ended up buying them, the other was of course the price....

For those who don't know what they are I've added an image to the first post.... I'll do a video once I get and fit them!