Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

I like the idea of a bodykitless car, with more subtle mods, such as a lowering and wheels. A duckbill spoiler would look killer.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
SPR

so did hte stripes get installed today
Old 11-11-2008, 07:46 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Stripes are Monday, exhaust is Thursday, hopefully in between I can install the spoiler and hood pins....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-11-2008, 07:53 PM
SPR

ohhh next monday? i thought you ment this week haha. i was like monday was yesturday?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Nope sorry - next week - I can't wait for it either!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Well body shop called and canceled stripes until next Monday

Exhaust is going on Thursday though....

Old 11-20-2008, 04:09 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

OK so got my Borla's installed and I'll be honest I'm a little disappointed.... They sound amazing when you start the car and when you rev it but once driving it all goes away... from 2000RPM to 5000RPM there is nothing....

Still they look great and sound great awesome at low revs so I'll deal!!!

Photos and videos to come later....

Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
SPR

thats what they are suppose to do. they should be nice and mellow for the normal driving, but if your ripping on it they should get a little louder.

If you want a burley sounding exhaust you need to do more than just a axle back. You need to step up to 2.5-3" pipe. lose the cats or go high flow cats. and then go with a more open free flowing muffler. I would highly suggest Aero Mufflers. They sound soooo narley!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

I know but the full pipe system was to expensive.... also a lot of people had issues with Borla pipes not fitting.... anyways it will do for the moment I've really got to flash the ECU for some more power....

Old 11-20-2008, 08:38 PM
SPR

unless your super picky about having pretty pipes that you never see unless you sleep under your car. "buying" an exhaust system is the biggest waste of money ever. Unless your trying to go for a professional build and crank out every HP you can. You dont need stainless steel mandrell bent piping.

Find a local exhaust shop. Tell them you want some custom bent 3" piping. they can run you a set of dual straight pipes, throw on some high flow cats, and throw on a couple aero mufflers and not only is that going to open you up for some more than satisfactory performance to your butt dyno, but its going to save you hundreds in the pocket book.

Example, i can run out to buntings exhaust in hood river oregon. say i want a 3" straight pipe from my down pipe back with this muffler welded on the end. Ill come back in an hour with a $100-200 dollar bill and have one sick *** exhaust on my sti. If i bought a system, id be at 600-700 bucks.

and a tip, a lot of shops wont cut your cats out for you because its illegal. So if u want to run catless, buy a hack saw, and cut your stock exhaust off include the stock cats. and drive it to the shop. you'll probably throw a ECU code but it wont hurt your car. and you can reset it your self with disconnecting the battery, or having it flashed like you plan on doing. anyways when you get there be like oh my exhaust was ripped off/stolen/i have a missing section of pipe. id like a straight pipe welding into place. Then they will do it. Or just find a really small town shop, and they wont even care lol.

this is a super long post geez but one more thing...

if you flash now, if you ever decide to really open up your exhaust, your flash is going to be useless and you'll want to redo it when you open your exhaust up more. So might think abotu saving that money, and just spending it on larger open more free flowing pipe/cats and use your borlas since you already bought em, and hten reflash, that will get you more power, and still more louder and burly sound.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

With regards to the re-flashing well the company I"m buying the flash from does custom tunes... I'm buying three (87 / 89 Octane Performance and 93 Octane Race) I'll run with the 93 race whilst gas is so cheap.... anyways back on point the company will update my custom tunes FOC with basic modifications, but if I do anything big then there is a $50 charge for writing a new tune, if I did what you suggested to my exhaust it should be a free change....

Oh and check out first post for Strut brace photos

Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 AM
SPR

well never mind then, thats a pretty badass company! never heard of such a thing. in the suby world its like 50 bucks a map!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:48 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

The guy is ubercool... he buys the SCT X3 tuners blank in bulk and then customizes them as you need, if you live close to him you can take you car into his shop and be dyno tuned by him but he's in like SOCAL I think....

Oh and just to put his money where his mouth is he drives a Mustang with his own tunes

Old 11-24-2008, 06:17 PM
SPR

haha what a stud.

i wish it was that cheap in my world. The proper way to do it is buy a 700 dollar electronic, then pay 150 bucks for each map. basically every need mod you want, that you want a map for is 150 bucks. gets quite expensive quick. Personally i dont like maps. genaric tunes are not the best. Id rather street tune my self in between mods, and then when i have a big build up, then go get a nice dyno tune with a couple different maps for 300 bucks.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Can you post new pics in the new posts? Letting the whole slew of pics reload every time is oh so dreary.

How's it feel with the new strut braces? My dad said it tightened up his GP GT pretty well with them in front and rear. God only knows how much my Firebird would benefit.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 11-24-2008, 06:28 PM
SPR

yeah x2 on spreading the pics out. first page sucks for even me to load, and ive got some speedy *** internet.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:03 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Can you post new pics in the new posts? Letting the whole slew of pics reload every time is oh so dreary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
yeah x2 on spreading the pics out. first page sucks for even me to load, and ive got some speedy *** internet.
Whats the matter don't you ladies have high speed..... Maybe I'll tidy the thread up a little to help you out......

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
How's it feel with the new strut braces? My dad said it tightened up his GP GT pretty well with them in front and rear. God only knows how much my Firebird would benefit.
I haven't really had a chance to give it any stick so haven't really noticed much difference its in the shop at the moment getting stripped so I'll test more when I get it back!

Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

OK guys tided up the first page so it should load a little quicker now!!

Old 11-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

wonder if my sunfire gt 2.0 would stand a chance

nice ride you got there, keep it goin.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:37 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
OK guys tided up the first page so it should load a little quicker now!!
Your fix breaks forum tables. Please try to set a good example for our members, B1G.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."