Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 PM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
And what is that? Producing something that doesn't blend in with my Kenmore dish washer and Wirlpool washing machine?

Then again. you were the guy who thought taxing people on a regular basis based on engine displacement was a good idea..

Damn these fun cars, DAMN THEM TO HELL.
lmao, and here i thought you forgot about that conversation of ours lol, but thats a different reason and i still think its intentions is a good idea compared to most being executed. (then again i'm one of those, if you're going to complain to me about something, then don't complain when i fix it types)

If you really wanna know my "beef" with Toyota, its that they're doing what any competitor company does. Subaru was one of my favorite companies coming out of the 90's along with Dodge (but we know what happened there). Since Toyota kinda has control over Subaru, all I keep seeing is Subaru's technology, innovations, and engineering going into Toyota crap. The only thing stopping the matrix XRS or w/e they call the top-line model from being a STi, was the Tranny and the Boxer Engine. Now, with this car, Toyota finally gets there's hands on the last two things that made subarus well... subarus. Mock my words, Subaru won't be a brand much longer.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The matrix was a GM/ToyMoCo co-venture... Built on the NUMMI platform.

And I've never seen any of Subaru's work in Toy's FWD refrigerators... GM on the other hand has hands in Subaru, have you ever seen the SAABaru? WRX wagon in SAAB trim.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

This isn't bad.... it's definitely better than the stupidly overpriced Lexus LFA...

Have you guys seen the Geely Tiger GT coming out of South Korea:

3.5L V6 / 225 horsepower / 340 pound-feet of torque and the best thing about it is it isn't a copy of something else

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Eh, Asian car makers are always copying someone. See link --> http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/phot...ntid=150107488

Who would want to buy a $400K Toyota anyways?
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
This isn't bad.... it's definitely better than the stupidly overpriced Lexus LFA...

3.5L V6 / 225 horsepower / 340 pound-feet of torque and the best thing about it is it isn't a copy of something else
That doesn't make it good looking Not to mention horrible under powered unless it's in a tiny car.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

The one thing i noticed that cars now are focusing on safety and like the older 86 it looks to much of the future car
Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Eh, Asian car makers are always copying someone. See link --> http://cars.uk.msn.com/features/phot...ntid=150107488

it's called the round robin,everyone "borrows" ideas from everyone else.
some are improved upon and some are blatently stolen.
fortunately for the advancement of automotives,this is how corperate society works and without it,we'd all be driving horse drawn sleighs since no one mfcr can take credit for inventing the wheel even though ALL of them used it on every one of their cars.
it's simply automotive evolution.
vic edelbrock didn't invent the 650cfm 4bbl but he made a HUGE impact with the improvements he made to it and helped revolutionize naturally aspirated thinking for better performance and mileage.

according to toyota,there's about 500 people that would want to buy a 400k toy........

i wouldn't say that the tiger is fugly..........more like,unconventional..
that asian chick better be about 4' tall and weigh about 80 lbs otherwise i'd have to side with tex on it being underpowered.
it just looks too **** bulky for 3.5L.
in terms of size,it appears to be about as long as and a little skinnier then my Z28 and it's got around 75 less horses.
even at 300 HP,i feel like my Z is underpowered.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:08 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post

i like it...now put a v8 under the hood or turbocharge the 6 and my wallet will be whipped out.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
according to toyota,there's about 500 people that would want to buy a 400k toy........

i wouldn't say that the tiger is fugly..........more like,unconventional..
that asian chick better be about 4' tall and weigh about 80 lbs otherwise i'd have to side with tex on it being underpowered.
it just looks too **** bulky for 3.5L.
in terms of size,it appears to be about as long as and a little skinnier then my Z28 and it's got around 75 less horses.
even at 300 HP,i feel like my Z is underpowered.
For 3.5 it aught to be poppin' a lot more power these days! The GM 3.6L V6 boasts 310 hp, and for the CTS and Camaro, is a rather adequate motor

Old 10-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Advance member

Quote:
For 3.5 it aught to be poppin' a lot more power these days! The GM 3.6L V6 boasts 310 hp, and for the CTS and Camaro, is a rather adequate motor
Nissan 3.5 gets 300hp, and the 3.7 gets 330...just for comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post

It's not asian in general, but the Korean and Chinese. IMO over the last two decades American cars have been imitating their japanese counterparts, and in the last two generations Volkswagen has tried their best to make all of their cars look like toyota Corrollas.

Last edited by surgeon; 10-23-2009 at 12:29 PM..
Old 10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

On the Geely Tiger GT engine.... there is talk of it becoming a supercar... 500+HP 0-60 in 3.something seconds... thats what drew me to it, unfortunately as pointed out above presently it has a crappy little engine.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 10-23-2009, 03:15 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

.. IDK.. i love the look of ALL muscle cars.. and american trucks.. this BS weirdo crap japan, asia and even europe are doing is nothing but BS wierdo crap... lol

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 10-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
.. IDK.. i love the look of ALL muscle cars.. and american trucks.. this BS weirdo crap japan, asia and even europe are doing is nothing but BS wierdo crap... lol

Tell me that doesn't look like an accord.

In Five years your muscle cars will start looking like that.... it's just about whatever the markett demands. That or they will do more retro designs back to when they looked unique.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

GTO is Australian (and looks nothing like an Accord in person) and the small car market has always been similar looking threw out the years. And doubtful that the Big 3 Muscle cars will be down graded to Camry appliance level.

America got lazy (But so did the Asians in many cases), but, the right wave of American styling is returning. And the europeans don't like it. Good.

(Dodge has nothing noteworthy at the moment...)

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-23-2009 at 05:51 PM..
Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Advance member

Quote:
GTO is Australian (and looks nothing like an Accord in person) and the small car market has always been similar looking threw out the years. And doubtful that the Big 3 Muscle cars will be down graded to Camry appliance level.

America got lazy (But so did the Asians in many cases), but, the right wave of American styling is returning. And the europeans don't like it. Good.

(Dodge has nothing noteworthy at the moment...)
To me, those are taking the same lines that Mercedes has used over the years, the air dams and grills. It is imitating the rest of the herd rather than defining themselves. Then again, after the GTR every other japanese sportscar has that similar grill. You can also say that BMW copied yesteryears saturn designed head and tail lights.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:18 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
i think it might be coming sooner then you think.....
chevy is already rumoring/hinting about a volt inspired camaro concept(lithium "T" cell) for 2014 depending on the success of the aforementioned volt.
i doubt it'll look like a kenmore but it will probably sound like one....

talk about a kick in the nuts....
Old 10-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
To me, those are taking the same lines that Mercedes has used over the years, the air dams and grills. It is imitating the rest of the herd rather than defining themselves. Then again, after the GTR every other japanese sportscar has that similar grill. You can also say that BMW copied yesteryears saturn designed head and tail lights.
I don't see lines and designs that resemble any Benz (Which has lost all sense of design and heritage in it's sedans... But the new gull wing is SCHWEET). It has some generic placement and shapes of air dams and lights, but vents go where vents get air, and they are in the same place on most cars. The trapezoid grille has been with Cadi for going on 20 years. GTR stole it's grille from ze Germans with Audi being the first to rock the whole blacked out look I think. And I don't see any saturn in BMW's designs either.... I just see Bangle.... and that makes me cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
i think it might be coming sooner then you think.....
chevy is already rumoring/hinting about a volt inspired camaro concept(lithium "T" cell) for 2014 depending on the success of the aforementioned volt.
i doubt it'll look like a kenmore but it will probably sound like one....

talk about a kick in the nuts....
Call it Vega and make it small!

Gotta admit, for an 'economy car', they do look pretty cool.

But blame the EPA and Environazi's for the course we will have to take to appease stupid arse regulations.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Advance member

If you'd like to continue the discussion about design, IM would probably be better vs going back and forth on here...

Quote:
Call it Vega and make it small!

Gotta admit, for an 'economy car', they do look pretty cool.

But blame the EPA and Environazi's for the course we will have to take to appease stupid arse regulations.

I think a smaller Camaro/new Vega would be an awesome design. With Saturn and Pontiac dying the Solstice platform can be reused and is an impressive platform. The way to markett it would be to leave plenty of room in the motor bay for the purchaser to self service/aftermarkett and keep the base price under 18k. Crank windows and two front speakers. Everything manual, lower the weight. Then you can buy a Civic/Cobalt/Scion or buy a car with real sports car potential. Thats my opinion.

Edit: Also, Cosworth package again...please.