Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Christine

Play 1st
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

She's bad...

Bad to the BONE

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

yea baby! that one awsome project! all i can say is, dont **** her off, and dont show her your friends, bullies, or girlfriend!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Dude!!!! Come on!!!

I was just fixing to get one from my LHS tomarrow. I was going to enter it in the COTM. Well, I guess since you got it FIRST, then I can try out a different one.

Just one question, what part of the goverment are you working for, the part that reads peoples minds? lol.

This is a for real question, will you make some small dents or scratches in the paint, looking for like the actual movie car?
Old 12-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

It will prolly be in Jan or late Dec COTM. It's mainly started from a comp over at XMF that I got offered. Was going to do a low down '54 Victoria, or 58 Ford Coupe, but I saw this sucker and went for it.

And dents and scrapes? Christine does not dent. She does not scrape. She keeps rollin' back the miles, lookin' fresh out of the factories of Detroit... But I did think about scraping "Meet me at Darnelle's" on the hood.

And I'm not supposed to tell you about the gov't experiments. I'd have to brain kill you.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-13-2008 at 01:27 AM..
Old 12-13-2008, 02:11 AM
US Air Force

oh man i love this movie! i must have watched it 7 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:59 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

I knew it, lol. Ok, dont tell me about that, well it doesnt matter if you do, I'm still trying to think if I have a brain or not, the aliens took it, last time they took my flowers, or was that me? I dont remember, thats why I need to get a brain transplant.

From what I remember, there were scrapes, dents at the begining, right. If your not going to put a bunch of scrapes and dents, then at least darken the windows, like at the ending of the movie.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Camaro98

Awwwww man I was gonna do that one too. I was just waiting for the stupid package to come in the mail first. Haha well at least now I can be sure the body will fit on the chassis nice, right? Oh well, I wanted to build it anyway...just won't do the COTM with it.

Do you have any more pics of the car? How did you mount the wheels without the wheel nuts showing?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

good choice dood ..

thats a classic movie and a classic car, ill be watching this one

*make her proud ..
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
From what I remember, there were scrapes, dents at the begining, right. If your not going to put a bunch of scrapes and dents, then at least darken the windows, like at the ending of the movie.
It was beat to hell, but I don't want to do beat-to-hell Christine. And yes the windows will be blacked out, can't do much of an interior if I want this car to sit right, and hate seeing the chassis. It will be done like the buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro98 View Post
Awwwww man I was gonna do that one too. I was just waiting for the stupid package to come in the mail first. Haha well at least now I can be sure the body will fit on the chassis nice, right? Oh well, I wanted to build it anyway...just won't do the COTM with it.

Do you have any more pics of the car? How did you mount the wheels without the wheel nuts showing?

With that done, the tires are perfect offset in the wheel wells. But it takes a lot of tricky cutting with how this body was molded to cut out the front of the body (fender wells). Once all that is gone, there is nothing supporting the front fenders, so I Crazy-Glued the front valance on to add some structure back to it. Otherwise it would be easy to twist those fenders and ruin the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang-04 View Post
*make her proud ..
Just don't make her mad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
oh man i love this movie! i must have watched it 7 times.
Not enough times, watch it more!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Elite member

Great project man! Please don't make the same mistake that others have done in the past... she's a Belvedere, not a Fury. Trim color and configuration will make or break it. I've seen your past projects and I know you'll do her justice.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Bored...

i think at some point in time, in the back of their minds, everyone wants to build a Christine! shes the evil car that everybody loves!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinedriver View Post
Great project man! Please don't make the same mistake that others have done in the past... she's a Belvedere, not a Fury. Trim color and configuration will make or break it. I've seen your past projects and I know you'll do her justice.
Christine was modeled as a Fury, the model is a Belvedere. Plus the kit doesn't have the sweet double carb engine either. But colors will be just as Christine. I think it's a symbolic move on King's part making Christine the only Red and white 58 Fury.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-13-2008 at 01:01 PM..
Old 12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

thats pretty much the only car im scared of..

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:51 PM
US Air Force

i have the movie.

but i can't wait to see if finished!

put a green led in the dash for the radio.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:53 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ummm, don't know how to start this post so...It looks like an interesting project and i must admit your skills are promising but i really hope you use chrome paint instead of a silver knock-off chrome...btw has everyone seen this movie cuz i have never even heard of it,-flinch-,...looks pretty interesting though, whats it about (the film)? from what i gather from the youtube vid, it llooks like a car thats obsessed with some guy and tries to kill everyone he knows out of jealousy-i KNOW i'm wrong thiough, any help?
Old 12-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriganalRiD3R1967 View Post
ummm, don't know how to start this post so...It looks like an interesting project and i must admit your skills are promising but i really hope you use chrome paint instead of a silver knock-off chrome...btw has everyone seen this movie cuz i have never even heard of it,-flinch-,...looks pretty interesting though, whats it about (the film)? from what i gather from the youtube vid, it llooks like a car thats obsessed with some guy and tries to kill everyone he knows out of jealousy-i KNOW i'm wrong thiough, any help?
Chrome paint is crappy stuff, and incredibly tricky to get right. And even when you do, touching it can make it fall off. I was lookin' into that stuff for the cluster bezel on my truck, not any good with out going too expensive.. And this car is entered in a budget comp so it's far out of the question. It will have silver trim along the side, can't do much about that in the modeling world unless it's pretty looks only, and I like to drive... Plus the side trim is stainless steel, not chrome.

You got the idea of the movie right on though.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-13-2008 at 03:03 PM..
Old 12-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Chrome paint is crappy stuff, and incredibly tricky to get right. And even when you do, touching it can make it fall off. I was lookin' into that stuff for the cluster bezel on my truck, not any good with out going too expensive.. And this car is entered in a budget comp so it's far out of the question. It will have silver trim along the side, can't do much about that in the modeling world unless it's pretty looks only, and I like to drive... Plus the side trim is stainless steel, not chrome.

You got the idea of the movie right on though.
well you could go to a hobby store and pick up a chrome paint pen. its what i use for my details, and i used it for the trim on my Camaro.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:51 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

oh, i see what you mean, hmmm. if you really want chrome (its now up to you -i'm not trying to push it) there is one other way...still pretty pricy, there are these pens that you can buy from and electronic parts suplier, ther use to touch up circuit boards, and bridge over flaws to allow ample current flow, basicly they look like liquid silver, some have ink thats a little thick and theyare somewhere between ten to twenty dollars-again just giving you options, as far as the movie goes, where'd he get a car like that?
Old 12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

Looks Like she's under good hands.

Sounds like a weird movie though
What year was the movie produced? Never heard of it until now.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Elite member

^ according to "the internet movie database" it was made in 1983.

you have to watch it late at night with your favorite bowl of munchies ..