Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trader Rating: (0)
Default New/Old project-(body work)

This is a project i've been working on for a little more than a year now-on and off of course- i did some work on it because it was kind of a beater body but messed up and forgot about it, but found in June and started working on it again, i stopped in September b/c the bondo i was using needed UV rays from the sun to dry, then i found some different putty in december and i've been working on it since.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is the bottom of the body i'll let you guys guess for a while , i don't think any one will be able to guess though, it's not an Xmod body though ...good luck
Old 01-29-2009, 09:15 PM

Any guesses on what car this is?....

(double post, i know...)
Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Advance member

Bmw?
Old 01-29-2009, 10:19 PM

Yup, it's a Bimmer.
D'ya know which one, i'll post some other pics later
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Advance member

A Gtr
Old 01-29-2009, 11:21 PM

yeah, BMW m3 Gtr2, it was originaly just an M3 but i'm doing alot of body work i might as well post the pics...

this is what the body first looked like, but in silver not black, i have two
[IMG][/IMG]

This is what i'm shooting for, same shape and paint shceme, i'm hoping for transparent windows too so...
[IMG][/IMG]

this is the top after i messed it up and the vents in the grill but plans have changed since this picture, followed by the newer top veiw, without the sun roof

[IMG][/IMG]

back veiw, this is how it looks presently
[IMG][/IMG]

some front pics, very rough but those angles are not that great
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

and finally the side pic, it looks long, and thats how i want to keep it
[IMG][/IM

post some comments, suggestions w/e

Last edited by theoriganalRiD3R1967; 01-29-2009 at 11:23 PM..
Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 AM

well not many people seem to be interested in this thread so i'm forced to double post but w/e

here are a couple of pics...the first is a little blury, it is the origanal bumper followed itself but this time its half done, the left side is the half that yet needs to be shaped while the right, is almost finish

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the bad side is worse in reality, and the good side is better...in reality-(just to make my self look good )

please post a reply, infact I insist you post, cuz i'm tired of talking to myself...i do it enough at home anyways so...whenever you're ready...any time now...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:31 AM

Wow I love the look of that bmw.Is it off of a model kit?

It might be a little hard but you could find just a sheet of plastic about a 3mil. thick and trace out windows to use. Just a suggestion...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:42 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

wtf? that's the nfsmw car, but white not silver. oh well, at least it looks better this way.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:02 AM

For the windows i was thinking of using lexan but is tough to cut and shape, and this is actually a bmw m3 body off a custom rydz car i looked everywhere (online) for a model kit but couldn't find one, its next to impossible to find nice cars 'speceialy euro cars in plastic save lambos and ferraris... there were tons of die-cast cars (M# gtr2s), but that obviously won't do

yes it is the nfsmw car, don't know why but i can't get it out my head, and that picture is funny sometimes it looks silver but mostly white-some sites say the car is actually an M6 but most say M3- i don't have the game so i couldn't tell you

thank you for posting, i was getting tired of talking to myself lol

i shaped the bad side up (of the bumper) it's not bad as of present, but the bumper is not simateric (<spelling?) yet...

glad people like it...expect more, i'll try to keep you guys updated

Last edited by theoriganalRiD3R1967; 02-01-2009 at 01:07 AM..
Old 02-01-2009, 02:00 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

A ground up project, I love it. I love the real car your modeling after it is sharp. Can't wait to see where this goes. I hope you get done before March.

Use some thin Parma lexan. Use a hairdryer to soften it and bend it as needed. For windows you shouldn't really have to do much bending anyway, just cut the window shape first then concave it a little.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 02-01-2009, 07:39 PM

This car origanaly came with window that were one peice. simalar to model kits or the new GTR xmod, i popped them out and had sanded them down and primered them, they sat like that for months, i eventualy figured that i'd prefer transparent windows, so i got a sheet of lexan big enough to drape over the window peice, put it on top and used a heat gun in hopes that the lexan would imitate the shape of the windows, instead both the window peice and lexan went soft and part of my windows sunk in so the peice no longer fits in car correctly, i'll test with some scraps of lexan with hair dryer before i try againe, as you can see i have another window peice in the black bimmer so i'll try that a little later...

i reattached the bumper to the car today and fixed some of the wheel wells, no pictures yet cuz it's drying still maybe later tonight i can post some pics

Here’s a better picture of the car in the game

[IMG][/IMG]

Just joking, that one was too good to pass up
Here’s a real picture, I did most of the work by constantly referring to this pic, its my background for everything, pc, psp phone, it was my avatar too at one point

[IMG][/IMG]

i plan to make the exuasht pipes out of aluminum tubing, however if it doesn't work i'll be using some pipes of another crap car

Last edited by theoriganalRiD3R1967; 02-01-2009 at 10:23 PM..
Old 02-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Advance member

looks good so far. i would use some flexable plastic for the fender flairs. just bend emand glue it in place. not sure how well it would hold.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:20 PM

well i'm actually about 80% done with the fender flares, i have to sand them to perfect them, most of the sanding is done though, andadd half of a flare on the front passenger side, i also have yet tor refine the vents in them, but i'd di glue in some soft plastic then added putty around it and eventually sand it here are some pictures...

some of the photos are blurry and i apologize for that

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

this next one shows how i glued the fenderflares to the inside of the body
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the last three pictucres include the plastic i'll be using for the bottom of the front bumper...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:24 PM

UPDATE

i cut shaped and added the peice for the bottom part of the front bumper and filed it to be the same width as the car, however i think the shape is not simetric so i'll be doing some more filing, the wheel wells are almost complete, the rear ones need the vents put in correctly while the driver side vent is basicly done, i filled in one of the vents on the hood almost complete, and sanded it down some so its flush withe body and hood contours, but it won't stay unfortunatley, because i'll be replacing the holes for the ones in right spot and the right size, blah blah blah, heres the pics...

is it just me or can everyone see the general shape i outlined in the last pic in 2nd last one too? (i know its har to see, if you look carefully its around the windos in red)

oh and XXX, sorry i hate to tell ya but this probably won't be finished til the summer, march is coming to quick, and i'm afraid-like your self- i'll be preoccupied with other more important things for the next few months

leave comments please....

Last edited by theoriganalRiD3R1967; 02-06-2009 at 01:14 AM..
Old 02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

wow, good job bumpering. can't wait to see it done.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:38 PM

thanks, this body filler stuff i'm using is giving some trouble though, it always seems as if i put it on wet and it looks next to flawless and when it drys its still looking good but needs sanding of course any ways after i sand it itsa as if there was a bubble and after sanding off the top i'm left with hole/inDENT left on the wheel arch, i thing i might have to mix the stuff more next time i use it but if thats not the problem any idea what is? anyone?

sorry for double posting but does anyone know if i should wash my car in hot soap water berfor putting on primer?

Last edited by DRFTKO; 02-06-2009 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 02-06-2009, 07:27 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Yeah, its best to so you can get rid of the dirt and oil that can screw it up.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:32 PM

alright thanks, thats what i ended up doing, just in case, its not really reaady for paint, but now that its mostly one color i'll be able to see body flaws and small nicks in it, before i often confused them with shadows, with wet paint it also looked smoother, the primer must have found and filled all the small abraisoins left by the sand paper....when the primer dries i'll post some pictures, hopefully in less than an hour and half

sorry, double post again- i probably set record byu now lol fifth time lol

small update i primed the car, like i said before not primed for paint, but instead so its easeir to see body flaws...

sideways front veiw

back veiw

angle shot-you can see its only got one vent in the hood right now

roof obviously needs some work done

and the rear window-kind of

any one know how i can make that into one straight line its really messy as you can see...

i'm not sure if i should add an intena to make it look more realistic or not...any thoughts ppl?

Last edited by DRFTKO; 02-06-2009 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:09 AM

a couple of updates, first pic heres a pic of the bimmer and my hummer, look up th thread if you like

EDIT heres a link, or the URL atleast http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/show...517#post211517

heres a sht of the rear bumper its shaped but very rough, the yellw abs glue is not yet that dry so i'll give it time,. you can also kind of see the vent that'l be on this rear wheel well ,on the right side

^^^^^thats the back end before the body kit bu,per

side pic, its pretty flush along the bottom, when all the body work is done i'll perfect it so it sits perfectly all bumpers and sideskirts touching the ground

this ones probably my favorite pic yet

here the vent i made, not very good probably won't use this one in the end if your screens big enough you can see the air bubbles in the putty i was talkin about earlier

and heres the vent on not in the hood, it fits, but its kind a tight

Comments welcome and apprtiated!

Last edited by theoriganalRiD3R1967; 02-09-2009 at 01:12 AM..