XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Default possibly

This may be making it's way into my garage very soon

Old 01-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

ahh very nice! always liked the 996 Ducati's. very nice bike, and choice you have there.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (19)

It's a nice bike to look at and ride on a track but I would rather have a ninja zx10, 1000rr, gsxr 1000 or even a older 1300 'busa, lower cost in maintaining it and if some unforseen incident happens, easier to repair or replace. But with full coverage you would get a nice check for it. And as for my comment on track, it is a beast on the track but not so much on the street. They may have changed that since the last time I rode one of those bikes(it was a 755) but I don't like them for the streets but on the track(Acto in NJ) it was a blast. So to each his own and I wish you luck with it and all I can say is twist it 'till you wrist breaks
I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdragon View Post
It's a nice bike to look at and ride on a track but I would rather have a ninja zx10, 1000rr, gsxr 1000 or even a older 1300 'busa, lower cost in maintaining it and if some unforseen incident happens, easier to repair or replace. But with full coverage you would get a nice check for it. And as for my comment on track, it is a beast on the track but not so much on the street. They may have changed that since the last time I rode one of those bikes(it was a 755) but I don't like them for the streets but on the track(Acto in NJ) it was a blast. So to each his own and I wish you luck with it and all I can say is twist it 'till you wrist breaks
The problems there are 1, I'm tired of japanese inline 4's, and 2, there are 1000's of every bike you listed everywhere. I like things to be unique. That bike is a S model and there were only 500 built worldwide.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

I say go for it, been wanting a 996 or similar for a while but *le sigh* gotta pay to play :P

how much is the offer on it from the seller?

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 01-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Advance member

I see your point and I am not saying not to get it, something unique is a very special thing but in that sense if you are sick of in-line 4's there are v-twin bikes also like the rc-51. I never meant to down your choice of bike, heck you could take a moped and put a v-twin in it and if that's what you like then more power to you. No doubt the bike is rare but you could also make a bike unique to you also. My next bike is going to be something unique to me. And there are company's that make after market body parts so you can customize your bike any way you want. Even though it is rare there are 499 other bikes just like it. What makes it unique it what you do with it once it is in your possesion.
I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

*cough* mid life crisis *cough**cough*

^lol im not sure i spelled that right

looks like fun, just dont kill yourself lol, we need you here

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 01-16-2010, 08:33 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdragon View Post
I see your point and I am not saying not to get it, something unique is a very special thing but in that sense if you are sick of in-line 4's there are v-twin bikes also like the rc-51. I never meant to down your choice of bike, heck you could take a moped and put a v-twin in it and if that's what you like then more power to you. No doubt the bike is rare but you could also make a bike unique to you also. My next bike is going to be something unique to me. And there are company's that make after market body parts so you can customize your bike any way you want. Even though it is rare there are 499 other bikes just like it. What makes it unique it what you do with it once it is in your possesion.
No offense taken at all, I'm a fan of the rc51 and the tl1000, but just want something completely different. it's an L twin, the dry clutch sounds amazing, and the valvetrain fascinates me.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:00 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

how about one of these?

or

or

you get the idea a Triumph

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 01-16-2010 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
XMS Administrator

I guess I'm a sucker for the single sided swingarm, which is why I chose the year I did, the newer ones went to 2 sided.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
No offense taken at all, I'm a fan of the rc51 and the tl1000, but just want something completely different. it's an L twin, the dry clutch sounds amazing, and the valvetrain fascinates me.
I see your point and I love the tl1000r especially on a curvy road and the sound of a v-twin is just plain music at 5500 rpm. And the rc-51 is just a blast on a highway at 150+(495 south in Delaware mid morning to mid afternoon is just 4 lanes of wide open road) and handles great. But in any case good luck in getting it and if you do we have to meet at one of the big bike events somewhere along the line and have one blast on the track(course or drag) even though you will probably kill me on the course

How about this one:
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagu...F41000R_01.jpg

Love the bike but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much money for me. I get that and my wife would bury me with it

Last edited by Blackdragon; 01-16-2010 at 09:40 PM..
Old 01-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Getting close, i dont want a loan so parting with a chunk of cash is the reason its not here today. I'll talk myself into it though.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
Getting close, i dont want a loan so parting with a chunk of cash is the reason its not here today. I'll talk myself into it though.
You might as well because I am in the process of talking my wife into letting me get it. I think a 2003 gsx1300r is what I think I am going with. But it would be a good thing to have if you can get it for a good price. HM by the way?
Old 01-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

If you want unique theres always The Tomahawk.

made to order by Nieman Marcus and only 9 on the road so far. Gotta love a bike with a v10 Dodge Viper engine
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
If you want unique theres always The Tomahawk.

http://www.bikemenu.com/photos/dodgetomahawk/006.jpg

made to order by Nieman Marcus and only 9 on the road so far. Gotta love a bike with a v10 Dodge Viper engine
that thing looks screwy, no offence, but like imagine leaning into a turn on that thing, you'd go up on 2 wheels and who knows what after that

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
that thing looks screwy, no offence, but like imagine leaning into a turn on that thing, you'd go up on 2 wheels and who knows what after that
the left and right wheels are supposed to pivot up or down independently of each other when you turn.

http://www.carlustblog.com/2008/12/d...mments/page/2/

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 01-25-2010, 04:52 PM
XMS Administrator

Decided against the one pictured above. Bought a 998. Should be in it's new home this week. Oh, and it's yellow
Old 01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

hey no sad faces you just got a new bike only these are allowed regardless of what color it is...(bumblebee)...enjoy it...i hope she serves you well...and i'm jealous

and no offense but i still had my fingers crossed for the beer belly and a harley

Team X.I.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Advance member

Still a good bike and a beast on the track, those bikes excel in curves. And as for the color who cares? If you want to be unique paint it. But in any case congrats on the new bike. I almost have permission to get mine and I am going with the 1300 busa. Just have not figured out a paint scheme yet.