Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:50 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ
Default Modification Thread Title Rules: Please read!

First off, the following information does not apply to just the modification forum, it would be useful in every forum on this site. I do feel however that having informative, specific thread titles is specifically relevant to the modification forum because there is a large amount of things to talk about and a great potential for confusion/misinformation to occur.

A good title should state whether the xmod in question is a GEN1 or an EVO.
Xmods come in three vastly different platforms, the GEN1, the EVO, and the EVO Truck. Ambiguous, or vague thread titles can lead to confusion about offering help or answering questions. i have been through several threads where it is not clear whether a GEN1 or EVO is the subject, which leads to misinformation and confusion for everyone involved.

A good title should also state what the problem or topic is, as specifically as possible.
Why you ask? It allows other members to pinpoint a topic if they are searching for it, or if they wish to help you, allows them to see specifically what the problem is about before even opening the thread. If someone sees that information before even going into the thread, it just might click in their head, "hey i know that, i can help!". If you have a problem, state it as specifically as possible; use specific part names if you know them, and the problem or issue. Even if you don't have a problem, say you have installed some new upgrades and wish to show them off, state the mods you did or the parts you installed, etc.

Use correct grammar and spelling.

If I can't understand what your title says, I'm not even going to look at it, its as simple as that! This means No slang and using full words, no abbreviations.

Title Examples:

Worst: my car wont go (Totally ambiguous)
Bad: my cars drivetrain is messed (Very vague, not specific)
Reasonable: GEN1, drivetrain problems (Still vague, but states platform)
Better: GEN1 gearing problems, wheels do not spin (Specifc, states problem, and general parts involved)
Best: GEN1 differential and gearing, wheels do not spin (Very specific, states problem, and specifc parts involved)

Not everyone is going to know the specific names of a part, like a dog-bone, steering arm, knuckle, differential, or those kinds of things, but you can still be descriptive in you title. Say what something looks like, what its made out of, what color it is etc. because someone will know what you are talking about.

It would be great to see thread titles in the 'Better' to 'Best' regions, as they are the most informative ways of making a title. Any thread with a title that resembles something from the 'Worst' or 'Bad' category will be deleted without notice. A 'Reasonable' title will be accepted in certain circumstances because a lot of newbs simply may not have a clue what is going on, but at the very least, the xmod platform (GEN1, EVO, or Truck) should be stated regardless.

Using proper titles will help you get the most out of your experience here on xmodsource.com, so lets all make an effort to make things as good as we can for ourselves and others.

Thanks for taking the time to read (or at least skim) through this.

Cheers,

THE EDJ - Modification Moderator

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 02-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I agree!
Stickied
....oh yea...i'm not a mod...

Closed Thread