Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Yeah it was definitely used I dont the CF conversion kit is worth the money... I might just buy a new tub and be done with.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-24-2010, 08:42 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

That was a darn good deal bigdude if you got it with the charger and batteries, etc. Who is the Ebay seller that custom paints the bodies btw? I just thought that it would be nice to do a custom body on my Hpi Savage Flux HP...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:50 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

i see where you're coming from, B1G. i guess it's not worth it if you're not serious about racing or whatever
Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Are you looking to catch some air or something, B1G? That wing is monstrous.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 AM
XMS moderator

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
i see where you're coming from, B1G. i guess it's not worth it if you're not serious about racing or whatever
Actually I have heard that it is quite useless when it comes to racing. I don't know if it's true But B1G linked me to a site, something like budgetbuild or something and it said that on there.

However, from personal experiecne. In the drifting platform... It rules.

Lovin' the rim body combo.

Later, T.I.M
Old 04-25-2010, 02:31 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofx View Post
That was a darn good deal bigdude if you got it with the charger and batteries, etc. Who is the Ebay seller that custom paints the bodies btw? I just thought that it would be nice to do a custom body on my Hpi Savage Flux HP...
I am happy to give you his name but I don't recommend him, I've been waiting 5 months now for my body which is kind of ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
Whilst it's true that I will never do any serious competition racing it's not about that or even about the look of CF, from what I've read it just doesn't benefit you and for the cost I could buy a ton of other parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Are you looking to catch some air or something, B1G? That wing is monstrous.

Cheers,
Kyle.
lol bigger the better I say Actually I was on a lower setting but then I decided to go to the highest and I really like the look now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayyab View Post
Actually I have heard that it is quite useless when it comes to racing. I don't know if it's true But B1G linked me to a site, something like budgetbuild or something and it said that on there.

However, from personal experiecne. In the drifting platform... It rules.

Lovin' the rim body combo.

Later, T.I.M
This is the link TIM is referring to:

http://www.ultimatetamiya.com/projec...-budget-racer/

I don't know who gave it to me but it's probably in this thread somewhere So whoever it was thank you because it's a great read, the guy pretty much runs through all the commonly available upgrades and tells you what is worth spending money on, the CF upgrade isn't something he reckons is worth it.

Mycors4 was the original poster of the link:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/show...6&postcount=31

Not meaning to steal his thunder

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

OK guys I figured that is it looks like my new body is lost at sea I may as well share my nightmare with you....

So obviously I wanted a Mustang body for my TT-01 luckily HPI produced a GT-R Mustang shell and I managed to find an eBay seller who custom painted shells as requested.

I sent him photos of my car, told him I wanted the body painted identical, so Windveil Blue with the black superstripe, he told me not a problem body and the wing could also be done to match my car, this was back in November 09 and he told me there would be a delay due to Christmas but the shell would be done and out at the start of January, I waited and I waited and I contacted him and told me it was going out next day, two weeks later nothing so I contact him and tell him nothing has been received, a week later he gets back to me and tells me it must have been lost so another one will be going out the following week, 2 weeks go by and he finally gives me a tracking number, 2 more weeks and nothing he just keeps telling me the USPS site is slow to update blah blah blah.... well finally May 2010 the body shell arrives but I have to say I am less than impressed...

The stripes are duct tape, the paint job is terrible, the wing is not painted, there are runs everywhere, the cutting is crap, my list of problems go on so here are a few photos:

The only positive thing I have to say about it is that the color match is really good, the flash kind of ruins it but in natural light it looks really nice.

So I got back in touch with him, showed him the problems and ask him the next step, he tells me to send it back and he will fix it so I do, when he gets it he tells me he will refund me the money, I tell him I don't want a refund I want the body he told me he could paint so he says to more weeks, 7 weeks go by and I still don't have an answer, I email him daily and then finally yesterday he tells me he will be refunding me this week to which I just say "fine" honestly this guy has been such a douche to deal with I want nothing more of him.

I'll get my money back and the paint the shell myself.

For those interested the eBay seller's profile:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

I wish I had done some more research because I'm not the only person unhappy with his work.

Then his website is:

http://rcracingzone.com/

He get's some really nice pre-painted shell's but they are direct from HPI or other sources so I wouldn't even waste my time buying from him

Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

wow, he does sound like a dbag, and just out of curiousity(if u dont mind telling), hoe much did he charge you? i wanna compare it to some of the pro painted on other forums, and maybe if u want i can contact one of then to see if they'll do a body for you

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 05-18-2010, 07:18 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

$45 for it painted supposedly as I wanted... the clear body is $29.99 direct from HPI so $15 for labor and paint.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:37 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Been practicing my indoor photo taking abilities and lighting skills, still have some way to go but figure I would share a few updates:

The TT-01 isn't currently running as I've swapped out my ESC for a Dynamite Tazer 15T and I need new plugs for the motor leads, I ordered plugs over a month ago but due to a PO screw up I am still waiting for them.

Plans for a new body are also afoot so next few months should be interesting

Old 07-31-2010, 12:01 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

A few quick updates whilst I wait on my new body :rockon2:

A few months back I purchased a Dynamite Tazer 15T 1/10 ESC from Goodfellaz, it had a Deans Mini plug on the motor wire so I needed to swap that our for a Deans Ultra plug, I found a eBay seller doing 10 pairs of plugs for 10 bucks they of course had to be located in China to get such a price but I figured whatever and ordered them, the Post Office claimed they tried to delivery them two weeks after they shipping but as I work from home I know they didn't!! Anyways after a long battle with the Post Office, the seller and PayPal I managed to get another set shipped out to me and they finally arrived a few days ago.

The ESC and Motor plugs have been swapped out for the Ultra plugs, the ESC has been mounted, everything has been connected and finally the ESC was programmed, I'm really happy with it's performance and hope one day to add a lower turn motor as the 27T SuperSport I have in there right now is a little high of a wind count for my liking.

Below are a few quick photos of the newly installed ESC, with any luck the new body should be here in the next few weeks and then I'll do a whole bunch of photo updates

Enjoy!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

That's sexy.