Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Update lol, black is finally finished.

Deciding to do something to the rear end, but I don't want a tonuelle cover or a canopy..

More engine detail/works to come, with hopefully a new suspension idea.

Blade.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:08 PM

overall it looks good but the paint job is ruf
Old 09-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Ruf? Are you meaning rough? Yes. I am quite aware that the paint is rough. However, you had anticipated the outcome. That was not the final colour. I should have said that also in my post, so it is my fault also.

Teaser ;

Better pictures to come with better weather. Hopefully soon.

Tom.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Elite member

I<3S10s
Old 09-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Banned

One of my longest projects.... And it's nearing completion........................................ ..............

I knew this day would come... But I didn't want it to come this fast.

Anyhow, here's some more teaser pictures. Still lots of work to be done... Like, a re-alignment on the rear end... The passenger side spins far too much... May need to lock my rear diff.

Some little detail items also still need to be put in.

That's it for teaser pictures. I should have better weather tomorrow... Or so says the news.... If so, photos for sure. If not, no photos will be posted.

Tom.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to Osiris19

That's looking great. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Wanted:
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
EVO Car front differential (for AWD)

PM if you're willing to sell
Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

Done.

Long-*** project finally completed. Kind of sad to have the knowledge that it is finally done... But also, at the same time I am happy that it is no longer a burden needing to be painted or detailed, or any of that crap.

Time to find some other model to convert now... This time, on an EVO Chassis.

Final specs.

Stage1 8 Tooth White motor.
Painted Chassis and well... Everything for the chassis ; Flat Black.
Custom colour(mixed by me.)
Hand painted signal lights.
Dual exhaust built by me.
Custom, one off S10 tail lamps and front windshield.
Stock S10 Bucket Seats.
Dash, steering wheel, and column.
Roll Cage, built by me, painted silver.
Interior colour flat black and gloss black.
RSX Rims painted gloss black(spokes)
Fat rear tires, normal fronts(model kit)
Custom driveshaft(built by me)
Locked Rear Diff(done by me.)
Carburated 350 in the engine bay.
Steel Braided Rad Hose.
SCALE Steel Mesh.
Metal Lugs.
Lights.
and a few other things including ;
Roll Pan(smoothed by me)
Custom bodykit and hood(by me.)

That is it... This project is......COMPLETE

It's been a long one that's for sure...

Tom.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Advance member

not too bad bro
Old 03-01-2011, 11:26 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

you coulda been a tiny bit more patient with it, but nonetheless, good job on the project.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
not too bad bro
Thanks! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
you coulda been a tiny bit more patient with it, but nonetheless, good job on the project.
You are quite right, I got a little... Can you say, jumpy? On the completion of this project, due to it being such a long one. lol.

I might go over it again one day and fix up the minor flaws(front fenders... Kind of sanded them right off accidently.) Roll pan area where the license plate goes, the meshing on the grill, signal lights, I lost the third brake light.. I had it before, not sure where it went when I was putting in the last few items.. lmao. Some areas around the box, door lines, door handles, and other misc. items around the sideskirts.

That is all in a maybe situation, it's currently collecting dust and brought out to run around when I feel like playing with my xmods. The feeling of playing with these.. Toys have certainly hit a brick wall for sure, I think I am losing the spirit in tinkering on RCs' in general.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

minor flaws you say.

that looks really bad the body has so many probs you should have started witha new body and chucked that in the bucket just my 2 cent
Old 03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmod noob View Post
minor flaws you say.

that looks really bad the body has so many probs you should have started witha new body and chucked that in the bucket just my 2 cent
Why do you say that for?

Nothing a little amount of putty, glue, filler primer, sanding and other minor work won't fix. Nothing is worth throwing away and giving up on.

Could you point out the areas that are bad on the body please, I am confused to why you would post this sort of comment, yes I know. It is infact critism and that is fine by me.

Thank-you for your input. I would really appreciate it if you showed me all of these problems and the reasoning for why it should be throw out for.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
minor flaws you say.

how can you say that ....dont you know this guy is the driving force behind this hobby , without him there would be no xmods ....

o no wait im thinking of someone else

you ask to point out the flaws
it would be easyer to point out the good bits .......erm i will get back to you when i find some

XMS and XMF february COTM winner
Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
how can you say that ....dont you know this guy is the driving force behind this hobby , without him there would be no xmods ....

o no wait im thinking of someone else

you ask to point out the flaws
it would be easyer to point out the good bits .......erm i will get back to you when i find some
Funny you say that. I didn't know I was the driving force behind this hobby. Thanks man!

The good bits eh? Well. I really hope you do get back to me real soon! I'm intrested in how amazing you find this xmod!

But in real terms, I understand you guys dislike me. Yet, I can care less. Truthfully, I would appreciate it if you could actually point out items that are flaw, and actually make something worth while for me to even bother replying too. Instead of you bashing me or attempting to cause a flame war, I would prefer it if you had somewhere else to go.

Good-luck trolling me boys. It won't work out so well as I can tell you that. lol.

On a side-note, there might just be a brother/sister to this build soon if I find time to build another one. So it's on a 50-50 scale right now.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Funny you say that. I didn't know I was the driving force behind this hobby. Thanks man!

The good bits eh? Well. I really hope you do get back to me real soon! I'm intrested in how amazing you find this xmod!

But in real terms, I understand you guys dislike me. Yet, I can care less. Truthfully, I would appreciate it if you could actually point out items that are flaw, and actually make something worth while for me to even bother replying too. Instead of you bashing me or attempting to cause a flame war, I would prefer it if you had somewhere else to go.

Good-luck trolling me boys. It won't work out so well as I can tell you that. lol.

On a side-note, there might just be a brother/sister to this build soon if I find time to build another one. So it's on a 50-50 scale right now.

i dont hate you i dont even know you and what about the comments you sent to another member about me and other people and what you were going todo to us i think a shovel was involved somehow and as far as i know ive never even done anything to you on here or xmf

and there is no good bits on that just bad bits like the front indicators rear fender wells front bumper rear bumper side skirts now were do i stop ?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
i dont hate you i dont even know you and what about the comments you sent to another member about me and other people and what you were going todo to us i think a shovel was involved somehow and as far as i know ive never even done anything to you on here or xmf

and there is no good bits on that just bad bits like the front indicators rear fender wells front bumper rear bumper side skirts now were do i stop ?
The rear fenders are the stock ones... Google the 1995 Chevrolet S10.

Rear bumper is actually a roll pan that was, where the license plate would normally go, I filled in with some putty.

Front indicators are stock ones. Just painted orange to show you that they were there instead of being parted away with the paint I had mixed.

Side skirts are from a Honda Civic... That is why they suck.

The front bumper, well. Atleast it doesn't have some giant hole where nothing would go.

But please, continue on the attempt of ripping this apart.

There, saved you the time on googling something.

Also, on a side note. That message wasn't directed towards you. It was directed towards the ones I dislike, like Bunny Cuddler up there. lol.

Last edited by Blade.; 03-04-2011 at 01:06 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

his point is not the style of the parts used but the execution of the which you have done to them

the body-lines are non existent , the paint looks like it was put on with a trowel , the indicators and lights have no definition from the rest of the body , the fitment is poor etc etc etc etc and as a whole project it just doesn't work

I'm not just randomly bashing you , you asked what was wrong with your "truck" and this is the reply

now we all know you don't like me because i didn't let you get your own way on a certain forum
and we also ALL know what threats you have made to most of the staff of said forum (including xmod-noob )

so if you still want to go ahead with your head in the clouds who am i to dissuade you

XMS and XMF february COTM winner
Old 03-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
his point is not the style of the parts used but the execution of the which you have done to them

the body-lines are non existent , the paint looks like it was put on with a trowel , the indicators and lights have no definition from the rest of the body , the fitment is poor etc etc etc etc and as a whole project it just doesn't work

I'm not just randomly bashing you , you asked what was wrong with your "truck" and this is the reply

now we all know you don't like me because i didn't let you get your own way on a certain forum
and we also ALL know what threats you have made to most of the staff of said forum (including xmod-noob )

so if you still want to go ahead with your head in the clouds who am i to dissuade you
thats exactly what i was trying to say but just could be arsed in putting it in a polite manner like reaper did and iam not going to sday anything else about ive said what i want to say
Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

If it makes you feel better, you got much more attention with this project than the last one that I actually put a lot of effort into.

Last edited by suicide_star; 03-04-2011 at 07:05 PM..
Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
If it makes you feel better, you got much more attention with this project than the last one that I actually put a lot of effort into.

i really liked that one SS...dont worry i still love ya

Team X.I.