Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to fordman239
Default Nitro Question for yall

ok, im looking to buy an hpi firestorm, and in the item decription on ebay, it says it has Venom Fail Safe, installed, with Venom Fuel bottle, i knoqw wat a fuel bottle is, but what is Venom Fail Safe?

thanks,
Fordman
Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

its so if the batteries in your controller die, it sends a message to the fail safe to shut off the car so it doesnt go crazy. Ive seen one go crazy, not a pretty site.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:27 AM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Is ie the one buy it now for 175.00 or best offer and 15.00 dollars shipping if so,it is a guy that lives in my development that is selling it.
The fail safe is for if you battteries go dead or you loose reception it will put on the brakes of the vehicle not shut it off.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Definition: Used in gasoline or nitro RCs as a way to make sure you don't suffer the consequences of an out-of-control RC doing 30+ mph, a fail safe unit is connected between the receiver and throttle servo of the RC. It monitors the connection between the transmitter and receiver for disruption and/or interference -- as well as total battery pack strength. Failures such as lost signal, frequency interference, or low battery will automatically engage the vehicle braking system, stopping or slowing down the RC. Fail safe units are a highly desirable accessory for hobby-grade RCs.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

To add to M_W's,
I don't have a failsafe on my cen ct5, and it had the biggest spa attack when my receiver batteries were low on voltage.

Thank God I was holding it, it went into 1st gear, and it went full throttle, before changing into second, this was in my dad's friend's neighborhood, and it wasn't the best thing that has happened to me..
Old 05-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to torredo

yup...my savage has one! best investment you can buy for a nitro
Old 05-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Banned

yes, clintr, it is that one, and if i can i want to buy it. thanks for all that answered the question, it looks like a sweet deal and i may have a nitro soon. im still lookin but i think thats the one.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:47 PM

Default Emergency Brakes!!!

As most of the others have said; a failsafe keeps your expensive toy(z) from running into a curb, etc. when the radio glitches...interference, low battery, whatever.

A must have, unless you like to rebuild your chassis, suspension, body, etc. and have some spare cash you don't need!!!

It's not only for nitros...but any more expensive hobby grade RCs. Hope this helps...btw, new to forum...have many 1/10 nitros and a 1/8 too.

Happy Motoring!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Banned

i didnt get that firestorm, when i went to buy it someone had already "bought-it-now" so i got screwed.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

hey ford, i think you will be disapointed with the firestorm, yes its hpi witch is good but the firestorm has limited capibilities (sp?) but its low ride hight and all that really limits it, if i were you i would go for a used savage or something with some amount of hight to it, know what i mean, but to awnser your question, a fail safe returns your servos to center so that when your full throttle and it goes out of range it wont just keep on going, it will stop and you might be able to set it so it will aply the brakes, they are very handy but a throttle return spring does the exact same thing and for about 35 bucks less.

@blt: that could have been a 2.4 ghz phone that interupted your receiver, and thats why if you ever see the servos twitching or slowing down then its time to call it a day or replace your batteries, or in my case that doesnt happen for 3 days of run time when you have a hump pack, greatest thing ill ever buy in my life!!!

@torredo: what kinda savage you got??? pm me i might want to trade you for some extra part you have for some i have.

Last edited by stang_racer; 06-03-2008 at 09:59 AM..
Old 06-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

if you want speed ge the traxxas rusler vxl, 80mph!