Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > XMOD Chassis/Suspension Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Default BIC pen Driveshaft mod

Someone asked me to bring this here...

So here it is...:

Tutorial Rewards Points=8

I dont know if this is on here but i doubt my version is.

Dificulty: 4/10

Remember this tut will only work on RWD cars because your new driveshaft will not spin. For AWD car i cannot stress the CF driveshaft from XI. But for RWD I recomend this mod and that you spend money elsewhere on XI.

This tut will show you how to turn a power hungry underperforming:

Into a performance racer that over performs!!!

All you need is:

-chassis
-whichever driveshaft your using
-a pen

Start by taking your pen and attempting to drain all the ink, dont worry about all of it just get a lot of it out. or i just use an old pen from my moms office...LOL

Then take out the ink holding thing, and cut it down to a little smaller then your driveshaft:

Cut it down about this much smaller:

Now take a paperclip and feed it through and just keep cleaning your new driveshaft, then when your think the inside is really clean, take it to the sink and just clean it off with towel and water.

Now just install it and go race.

How does this help your performance?

On long size driveshaft this can reduce the weight of the shaft by 16 grams. and thats that much less weight your motor has to spin. this in turn helps torque and vastly boost aceeleration, and maybe an insignifgant bit in overalll top speed because of the weight difference.

Tie this mod in with a blue stage 2 with neodyme mags, a 6 cell, and stacked fets and your ready for the track anyday!!!

For people that really want to try this with AWD, there is one way to keep the shaft strong while keeping the weight as low as possible, stick a paper clip into the center of the shaft and then just trim it to the same length as your shaft. Then it will be strong and wont bend when it has to hold up againt lots of torque. Also for AWD make sure to cut out the divets you see on the original drive shaft...
Old 04-25-2008, 04:04 PM

Great tut, did it twice, worked perfect both times. Acceleration gain is crazy over stock. Thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Elite member

just a coment for awd if u have a broke antenna take the section that is the second from the top

its alumin and halow and ways alot less than the awd kit ones do

In other words velcro will work just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Xmods are a universal language.
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS
Old 04-27-2008, 03:59 PM

Aw, wish I would've seen this sooner, I just used my old one to make a few exhaust pipes, tossed the top sections
Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 AM

Just made one, stuck a paper clip in the middle. Found the front gear was the hardest to keep on since its such a close fit. So I put some rubber cement in the gear and put the front gear on and let it dry. Then I inserted my paper clip and put the rear end on. Under no load it looks good, no loose gear and no twisting. We'll see how it holds up to some fresh batteries and soon Liths :P Anyone know how to tell if the shaft is bending?
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Xmod Expert

If its awd, then your car will probably just stop...

The shaft wont bend itll twist, Needless to say if you punch it and hear the motor rip but the car doesnt move for awhile, then during that time your twisted your shaft...thast when you know you have too much power and its time to hit up XI and grab a CF shaft...
Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 PM

oh okay I tested it today with almost dead batteries, ran fine. Hopefully with fresh batts and soon liths it'll hold up with a S2