Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > XMOD Chassis/Suspension Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Adjustable Ride Height/Front Lowering Technique.EVO/GEN1

Tools:
-x-acto knife or Drimel
-1 yellow bushing
-long Xmod screw
Step 1: Front Mount
There’s one way to lower your front clip piece on the chasse to lower your Xmod. But this the process of getting the glue to stick, and getting things level and in place can be tricky. Plus your front clip piece is only as strong as your glue. To mod this to make an adjustable front mount you only need a x-acto knife.
1. Notice on the front mount, there are 2 holes in which the display clip from your Xmods kits held the body originally. You will use these to make your new mount slot.
2. With your Drimel, or x-acto knife, carefully cut out the spacing between these two holes. Easy with a Drimel, but you are going to have to start cutting at the inner side of the hole with a x-acto knife. Be patient, and watch your fingers.
3. Now, your going to also have to cut on the other side of the hole, so that the new slot is wide enough to fit in the front clip.
4. Now clean up the cut, and check to see that when your body is in the new slot, that it is level, left to right. If not, level out the cut, making sure it’s as perpendicular to the hood line as possible. Or, if your Xmod naturally sits uneven, this is the time to correct that.
(link)
http://xf5.xanga.com/acca2b1569d3363.../m42721465.bmp

RAISED/STOCK: (my front mount was broken originaly, so theres not botton slot really)

LOWERD: (my front mount was broken originaly, so theres not botton slot really)

Step 2: Rear Clip
I’m not going to go into detail how to mod the rear clip to lower it, that is in “lowering your Xmods, the right way”. But this how to take that mod, and take it a step forward.
1. After moding the rear of your rear clip to lower it, continue on. The only requirement, is that the rear is lowered by at least the size of a yellow bushing to make this mod effective.
2. Take a yellow bushing, and cut it as pictured below. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY, but makes the adjustment easier.
To Raise
1. Using the long screw, tighten the clip to the body, with enough room to slid in the modded bushing, between the body, and clip, and slip in the modded bushing. Tighten the rest of the way. This is for ride height. If you modded the rear to totally slam the back, then use more modded bushings.
To Lower, and store your modded bushing
1. Tighten the screw and allow enough room between the clip and screw head to slip in the modded bushing. Tighten more.
mod to bushing
(link)
http://xcf.xanga.com/83fa500ad323263.../m42723267.bmp
bushing positions:
(link)
http://xfd.xanga.com/f90a240a5763363.../m42721489.bmp

RAISED/STOCK:

LOWERD:

And that my friends, is how I make an adjustable ride height.
credit goes to 4x4daddy for helping me think on the front mount, after i broke mines.
EDIT: the bitmap diagrams wont show, so i made them LINKS

now you know, how to get low.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to RodsRUs Send a message via Yahoo to RodsRUs

Veryy Good Tut!
2300 mAh's power
Body lowered over chassis
-Custom 04 wide body mustang-Work In Progress
http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=15437
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 03-25-2007, 04:56 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Is that you're '01 Mustang? Can you show some pics of it finished please?

TIGHTAN
Old 03-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Thanks,

Yup, its an old project... Needa finish it. But all the links and pictures are here http://www.xmodworld.com/modules.php...wtopic&t=21383

Gonna re-paint it when I paint the '55 Nomad body.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere