Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > XMOD Body Tutorials > XMOD Paint Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I got an update as the truck has dried and i added a third color which is black. The car has 3 colors desert tan, brown, and black. Look how it came out with out sanding the body, front bumper, and side skirts. (Krylon does not need sanding the surface has to be nice and smooth for a good paintjob when using krylon.)

Like i said before i was painting in under 30 degrees weather and yes it does affect your painting results i have to wait for warmer weather to redo my hood and rear bumper.

Quote:
Not only that (and im NOT an expert painter) but your camo looks sloppy. Take a look at military aircraft and military clothing...now one could argue there's no set color pattern for camo and that's fine, however; there's no overspray from one color to another...there's no fading...the boundaries between the colored shapes are clean and neat, they don't fade into one another if you will.
Camo is supose to be sloppy not a pretty thing it is supose to distract the human eye so that they object is not detected. Do you know why fabric does not have any color fading? Ill answer the question for you it is because the fabric is made on a computer and they it is sent to a factory which prints the design on the fabric. Each uniform is NEVER painted it is designed by a computer then it is printed.

Jon

signature wont let me list all of my cars!!!!!!! not fair moderator needed plz help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
lol crawling with 1 wheel drive that would be funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Its not realistic that these go about 280mph at scale speed either.
Custom Corvette Club: 1/3 Founder
Team ACCENTS Member
Proud member of Crawling Truck Club(CTC) The fist and only!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Did you even click on the links i sent you????? I wasn't talking about JUST clothing I'm talking about Military aircraft. I've NEVER EVER EVER seen a airplane with a fading camo paint job EVER.

http://www.sharpshooter-maj.com/Images/bv06/f18ns41.jpg
Look how clean those lines are between colors on that F-18

http://www.nellis.af.mil/shared/medi...-8831R-001.jpg
Look at that F-15 those borders between colors are crisp and clean that's ANYTHING BUT messy.

http://digilander.libero.it/lockon/i...omac_small.jpg
Take a look at that F-16....yeah that's just a giant mess

Camo isn't messy it's painted very carefully to blend in with the surroundings. Don't try and say well it's suppose to be messy when we've commented on how it looks messy...that ain't gonna fly. The pattern of camo is asymetrical and random, yes...but messy? Absolutely not. The Military teaches cleanliness and organization...why would they stop at painting an airplane?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:40 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

thanks civic for the kind words.
DARK, you are really starting to **** me off with your "camo can be painted any **** way you feel" attitude. if you use crappy paints then your going to get crappy results period.
krylon is one of the worst paints you could think of using.
that rubbish is hardly fit for deck chairs, let alone abused xmods.

get of your cross and acknowledge the advice that versed modders are trying to give you.

now if you wish to keep going, i'm going to pull all the cards on this thread and nit pick every detail from a painters point of view and my earlier posts will mean little.
if you think i'm a dick now then you can bet that your not going to like me in the next few days.............
Old 04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Elite member

any way bondo and civic camo is supose to be painted in a flat nonglossy color. that is the last im going to say about camo paint and i dont care about what you have to say.

signature wont let me list all of my cars!!!!!!! not fair moderator needed plz help

Quote:
Quote:
Team ACCENTS Member
Old 04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmagik View Post
any way bondo and civic camo is supose to be painted in a flat nonglossy color. that is the last im going to say about camo paint and i dont care about what you have to say.
even though both of us are more versed in paint then you could even comprehend
Old 04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to Nissanshift350

darkmagic to be honest i think ur paint job sucks. i have seen bondos work and i know for a fact he knows what he is talking about and you seem to have spent to much time in the paint fumes!!!

Team ACCENTS Founder
Team Ford GT Founder
Old 04-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
even though both of us are more versed in paint then you could even comprehend
My last comment for this thread you may be a quiz at regular painting but you will never be as knowledged as i am when it comes to militray tactics and relations. Just and FYI its a toy not a live actual car being used in Iraq or the desert. I like the way it came out thats what truthly matters, I just wanted to share something with the public and try to make good use of my knowledge.

Jon

Quote:
Quote:
Team ACCENTS Member
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
My last comment for this thread you may be a quiz at regular painting but you will never be as knowledged as i am when it comes to militray tactics and relations. Just and FYI its a toy not a live actual car being used in Iraq or the desert. I like the way it came out thats what truthly matters, I just wanted to share something with the public and try to make good use of my knowledge.

Jon
my ***, i have the discovery military channel aswell.
from your choice of colors i would think that your "knowledge" is based on G.I.joe

COBRA!!!!! FTMFW

BTW i'm 27 and i have that same bedspread......only in pink....

pwnt

Last edited by bondo; 04-08-2007 at 09:58 PM..
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 PM
Elite member

No i never even watched GI joe my info is based on live ex-military officials and friends pluss my ex-military family members. My colors are based on operation Desert Sheild the cars they used were painted like that in the begining of the war get your facts strait then came talk to me. HAHA loser watches the discovery military channel get info that is up to date man thats from the 1980s at least i talked to some fellow airsoft players that happened to return from Iraq and more up to date you cant get unless you call one of your buddies in Iraq.

Quote:
Quote:
Team ACCENTS Member
Old 04-08-2007, 10:43 PM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
No i never even watched GI joe my info is based on live ex-military officials and friends pluss my ex-military family members. My colors are based on operation Desert Sheild the cars they used were painted like that in the begining of the war get your facts strait then came talk to me. HAHA loser watches the discovery military channel get info that is up to date man thats from the 1980s at least i talked to some fellow airsoft players that happened to return from Iraq and more up to date you cant get unless you call one of your buddies in Iraq.
yea, all of the returning military men are dying to come home and play with airsoft rifles.
and as a matter of fact i have quite a few family members in almost all branches of military.
seriously man, your arguments make you sound like your 12.
i can garuntee that the majority of the members on this forum have family or freinds fighting in iraq and i can also garuntee that none of them have seen a cow colored humvee.
as far as im concerned you can take your "military knowledge" and shove it straight up your 13 yr old ***.

i tried being civil about it and i even tried being a bit more civil when you were trying to tell me that i dont know what i'm talking about.
you've gotten flack from other people that backup my statements but since im the most outspoken about it you feel the need to defend yourself.
that's cool with me since i dont much care if your truck looks like a pile of bear scat. i do however care if people read your load of trash and wreck their vehicles because of it.

look back through the posts on this thread and you will see that the majority of the posters agree with me about most of my points.
the only reason you've singled me out is because im an *** about it, im sorry but it's my nature.
everyone can get used to it because i'm not going anywhere.
if you want me off your back then provide a quality tutorial.

screw cheers,
bondo
Old 04-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Your right, your Xmod truck isn't going into the front lines. That wasn't the point, the point of this entire thread is How to lay QUALITY camo paint, which means it SHOULD look like the machines (tanks, jets, hummers, etc.) that are on the front lines. Otherwise it's a made-up piece of crap paint-job.

On the second pic of your update. Look at the roof...you see all that brown overspray on the tan? It's completely sloppy. The Military teaches discipline and the is not a disciplined paintjob. Once again we never said it had to be shiny or glossy. Just like before I never gave you links to clothes for examples of clean looking camo...you're pulling this crap out of thin air. All the links I've given to you are military aircraft with camo paintjobs that are clean and precise. And no, the camo pattern itself has no rhyme or reason but the shapes and borders along the colors are not faded, oversprayed or sloppy.

I gave you props for nice pictures and good descriptions now you need to actually lay something that's quality, and YES for it to be QUALITY it needs to looks like the real thing.

Since I've been giving you links to planes...heres a link to some ground transportation
http://www.army-technology.com/contr...my_trucks1.jpg

Still....it's anything but messy...surprised?....you shouldn't be.

Last edited by civic_guy; 04-08-2007 at 11:33 PM..
Old 04-09-2007, 12:07 AM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy View Post
Your right, your Xmod truck isn't going into the front lines. That wasn't the point, the point of this entire thread is How to lay QUALITY camo paint, which means it SHOULD look like the machines (tanks, jets, hummers, etc.) that are on the front lines. Otherwise it's a made-up piece of crap paint-job.

On the second pic of your update. Look at the roof...you see all that brown overspray on the tan? It's completely sloppy. The Military teaches discipline and the is not a disciplined paintjob. Once again we never said it had to be shiny or glossy. Just like before I never gave you links to clothes for examples of clean looking camo...you're pulling this crap out of thin air. All the links I've given to you are military aircraft with camo paintjobs that are clean and precise. And no, the camo pattern itself has no rhyme or reason but the shapes and borders along the colors are not faded, oversprayed or sloppy.

I gave you props for nice pictures and good descriptions now you need to actually lay something that's quality, and YES for it to be QUALITY it needs to looks like the real thing.

Since I've been giving you links to planes...heres a link to some ground transportation
http://www.army-technology.com/contr...my_trucks1.jpg

Still....it's anything but messy...surprised?....you shouldn't be.
well my freind, it's the same as always.
the noobs are right and the people who actually know are wrong.
i'm not as nice as my man william here and im going to make a point to pwn every noob that tries to disagree with members who have been there and done that.
there is absolutely no need for you nubers to try to correct established members when all they are trying to do is help you.
if you would look around the forum then you would easily be able to tell who is full of it and who actually knows their ****.

i'm tired of you god**** noobs jumping in with your 2 cents and trying to overthrow the people that have made the same mistakes as you.
take heed in what we say.WE'VE BEEN THERE MAN!!!
there isnt a god**** thing that any of you can do that hasnt been done before or at least tried with a failed attempt.

you younger people need to learn a life lesson here.
try to learn from the older members instead of fighting with them.
argueing with the older members will only make you look like an ***.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Elite member

Quote:
STEP 6

Wait until all the paint is dry and make all touch ups needed.
Read this quote i just didnt get to do my touch up work so it does state something so get off my back. Im sorry that i acked like an ***, but i never let anyone talk me down its my nature. And no im not 13 i am 17 years old. I admit i didnt do my best but i did pretty dam good for makeing a tutorial on how to paint camo. Its the only camo tutorial i have seen that shows camo painting on cars. Bondo like i said before sorry to be real hard on you but i at least tried to make something that is worth reading my job may not have been the factory type but i tried to make something worthy.

As for everyone else touch ups are still being made. (im replacing the head lights so dont ***** about that either.)

Jon

Quote:
Quote:
Team ACCENTS Member