Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Thank you captain obvious, thank you. I mean, it's not like there was no reason I had a spare on it in previous pictures, and the small hole in the tire were ever a hint to me! Nor the fact that it had to be aired up every two weeks.

Never noticed that!

Guess what, I've also got rust. And apparently, no head lights either, or so I'm told.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 AM
SPR

lmao **** calm down it was only a joke.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
lmao **** calm down it was only a joke.
x2
Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

i dont know why you guys are fighting (didnt really read it) but we all should love each other like we love chevy trucks...

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
SPR

i didnt think we were fighting?
Old 12-23-2008, 12:36 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

it was a predicament....

BTW tex looking good, wanna see it drag race a sweed mobile now.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
i didnt think we were fighting?
Just an exchange of sarcastic remarks from two smart *****.. SPR takes things very seriously in his thread (see XMDrifter and intakes) so I thought I'd go all SPR on SPR.

Anyways, seats are going in ATM, lining up holes on a 3 piece set is a bit of a PITA. But they look *****en and are uber comfortable.

Now, off to the gas station so I will be able to pull the truck back in the garage later.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Old and busted, probably will be a couch in my room now :metal:

New and awesome, they fit perfect, and are nice and comfortable.

Hardest part about this set of seats is each seat and the centerconsol all inter-lock, sharing bolt holes with the console, so after drilling holes, getting all 3 to bolt down in harmony was a bit of a PITA. Reaming out the holes a bit fixed t though.

And see lobster:

See lobster run:

Old 12-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Thank you Sweedy. Plus, when I use the flash, my truck looks like hell. The shadows hide the uglyness
It's like the Festivus episode of Seinfeld, but opposite. Jerry's girlfriend is beautiful in the light, but ugly in the dark.

Looks good!
I had the seat from my '89 Silverado as a couch in my room for about a week or 2 last summer as my bro was slowly moving stuff in and out of it (mostly wiring for sound system)
Comfy. Lol.
But, the new seats look too clean in comparison...

P.S.
Speaking of Festivus, it's December 23rd... You know what that means? Happy Festivus!
Old 12-24-2008, 04:09 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Just an exchange of sarcastic remarks from two smart *****.. SPR takes things very seriously in his thread (see XMDrifter and intakes) so I thought I'd go all SPR on SPR.
while i agree were both smart *****, i wasnt taking things seriously in my thread, he was trying to tell me something he was totally worng about. so i was correcting him so hopefully he could learn some new info. im the last person anyone (except chux) needs to be telling me how to tune a suby lol. so i was just trying to get his facts straight. i wasnt jumping his *** or anything. just wanted him to learn something new. i know i would appreciate that being on the other end..

back on topic, the new seats look siiick!

what are you going to be doing for door panels? Thought about a tweed? Would go with those seats very nicely.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

A while ago I made some door panels out of fiber board, but we held off on covering them until seats were in. Still dunno about what design to do lol... Considering the interior will be orange (of course) with black accents.

After 2 years of not ever really being charged that often (between no engine for 1 of those years, and not running ever for the other), I think the battery finally went bad. Won't hold a charge long enough to start it up again, or run for long. My charger's boost starter mode won't even kick it to life. So, it's stuck blocking the whole drive way

Old 12-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I love my new powder coating gun: Here's a good before and after story:

Start:

Sand blasted

Powdered

Toasting at 400* for 15 minutes

Done

Alternator bracket. This is the paint from a year ago.

Now:

Also the power steering pump brackets are all PC'd. Way easier than spray paint to get a good finish.

Power steering is in and done. Now it's not an upperbody work out to make a 3 point turn!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Check out the wheels that may be on the truck.

They must might work. While wheel spacers are stupidly expensive, A guy has offered to machine some custom ones for me for free. I just have to bring the aluminum.

I was some-what iffy about them looks wise, but with a tire on for mock up I dig them. Plenty of fat tire left to keep it away from blingish and rough riding

Old 12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

Wheels look sick. What are the from?

Old 12-31-2008, 01:46 PM
SPR

i know you got em for free. which is an awesome price, and they do look better than steelis. but i personally think they are ugly. and wouldnt put em on that truck. id try to sell em and find something else personally.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

If you could powder coat those wheels matt or glossblack and leave the lip, they will more than likely look a whole lot better. They are a bit to "mini-bling" for my tastes.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Doing the black/chrome lip is more bling than this.

The only part of the design I don't like is the rivets.

But, nothing is set yet. But finding 5 spokes for a 6 lug truck ain't easy.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:15 PM
SPR

whoa! wtf? i just realised it is 6 lug. what axle is under that thing? and why is it not 5 lug! lol
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

A monster Dana 60 rear axle. I don't want to give up the strength this axle already has to swap into 5 lugs (GM Corporate axles are the easiest). Another reason why I have to wait on custom front rotors to come in as well. But unless you can find some 6 on 5.5in 5 spoke wheels for dirt cheap, this maybe what I'm sticking with for now.

Which might not be here before the end of xmas break The headlights, new rear springs, should be here by the 2nd. I'm very close to getting it on the road, but if those rotors don't get here, cant get it done before the end of the break.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-31-2008 at 02:57 PM..
Old 12-31-2008, 03:28 PM
SPR

man that sucks, i didnt realise it was a 6 lug. i hate finding od sized wheels. but best of luck!