Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Appearance > Member XMOD RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

wow.....I haven't posted anything in a while. Here are some slightly old pics of my cars now. Got some more bodies in my closet. I'll snap more pics later.

Team X.I.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Drift maniac

I've been super busy with life but that hasn't stopped me from spending a whole day to rebuild my Gen 1 car

Also, i did something super tough, i converted my Gen 1 axles to fit MA-010 wheels! though i didn't have to, i might get MA-010 wheels in the future.

The trick is to not grind down too much. There isn't a stopping point like on the Evo stubs, so if you grind too much you can end up ruining the axles. I did it to my GPM ones too, just to make a few of you cry hehehe.

MINI TUT!!!!

Difficulty: 5/10 patience is key. check your work, DON'T RUSH!!!

The trick is to make a stopping point, so i took an old gen 1 knuckle and put a bearing and a yellow bushing on both sides and stuck the axle in to only expose the amount of axle i needed to grind off.

From there on its just like the Evo stubs, except its harder to hold on to, so it takes a lot longer because sometimes you need to adjust the position to grind it evenly. Very very tedious, So take your time!!!!!!!

Ta dah!

And if your having trouble holding it, try holding it like me, it keeps it pretty tight for most of the grinding. the dogbone part of the axle goes between your fingers btw cause you can't see it. Gotta kung fu grip it so it doesn't rotate!

Same thing for the rear, just take your time. Its hard

And test fit as usual, should be a no brainer. make sure its straight too, you grinded off too much if its lop-sided.

After about 1 hour of tediously doing this.........

I stripped the parts out of my old T-mod. Its out of commission loved it while it lasted. Also stripped down my project "lightweight" because i won't be finishing it. All parts combined and i got a nice gen 1. Took the time to center the servo too so it can track straight. it works really well, great on turning. For the body, I'm finally using the Lancer Evo IV body i converted a while back for Gen 1 cars, glad to finally drive it and drift it of course.

And did anyone ever have problems with the red suspension arms in the rear? i swear the left side is defective, cause everytime i have them in the left side causes binding, so i switched it to yellow. Spent so much time on the car today i didn't even want to take out the last red one lol

After about 2 hours of soldering, grinding, putting it together and taking it apart numerous times to figure out the binding issue, and centering the servo, here she stands. The lone Gen 1 xmod in my collection. Its no xmod collection if you don't have an original one with original electronics

And as a side note, my X-waver is getting a rebuild. My second conversion wasn't so neat, i never fixed it up, i just left it as it was. Now its falling apart, oh great.

^^fixing this and cleaning up a ton of stuff along with recording xmod drifting videos is going to take priority for now over my 350z project. Also I just recovered from an ankle injury i got from playing a ton of tennis. Been doing therapy for the past 3 weeks and I can finally get back to playing so that's gonna get in the way of things too.

So hopefully everything pans out as summer comes to an end. Ahh school is coming too, bummer

Team X.I.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Osiris19

I want an EVO 8 XMOD so bad. Is that a custom carbon fiber hood or does that come on the body?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Drift maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris19 View Post
I want an EVO 8 XMOD so bad. Is that a custom carbon fiber hood or does that come on the body?
Haha its a nice body, the carbon hood is from the body kit.

Got lots of fixing to do on my what was my X-Waver Drift Car. Its being stripped down and going through a complete rebuild with my spare and new RV Project ESC. Spent like 2 and a half hours getting all of it apart and getting parts cleaned. Still got a ton of parts to clean and lube..... Here's where I'm at:

The start. Goodbye I-waver board, you served me well. It still works, but I have no use for it now.

Such a dirty install (my 2nd ever swap) I can't believe it lasted this long!!!

After about 30 min everything was completely apart. Took my time on this so I wouldn't lose valuable GPM screws and parts in my shaggy carpet...

Man, dirty grease all over the insides of the car

Also did some cutting to shed weight and expose some areas that I want to see/observe when I run into problems. Started with cutting up the servo. In some areas.

Started to trim the inside in an attempt to make more room for turning. After I test fitted it in the chassis, I realized the chassis also prevents it from turning too far and it just won't turn far in general. Pretty pointless to cut up the inside of the servo case LOL I lost some weight though...just a little.

Then I did cutting in the chassis, I seriously recommend doing this, it makes the car lighter and it helps the battery tray slide much, much easier, and you can access the battery terminals easier in case you need to solder something. I don't think it makes it less stiff, it might just a little but since the chassis is clipped in the battery tray, I think all the twisting just goes to the battery tray and it doesn't do much. Great thing to do and I recommend it

Then I rewired my extra board cause wires fell off when I put it into my Gen 1 a while back, had to desolder it from the HS-55 servo.

Added tape to it and stuck it to the chassis. Soldered on the servo motor too.

And this is where all the tedious aspects of the rebuild come in. Soldering. Ughhh I took my time. Like 40 min or so just to solder this thing in....I'm not great but I tried to make it as clean as possible and I'm **** proud of how clean it looks.

Added the light plug for my Yeah racing light kit on the Skyline and its done! Looking so good, tested and it turns with no problems. I was so happy to finally be done.

Not done just yet, still gotta CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!! so many small parts.....so tedious.... uggghh!!!

Team X.I.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

Oh man, I've no idea what's going on but in my head I see it running better than ever. I wanna see this baby in action!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Drift maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songha View Post
Oh man, I've no idea what's going on but in my head I see it running better than ever. I wanna see this baby in action!
Haha indeed, its an aftermarket mini-z board. The radio is much better and more precise. More powerful then a Xmod board too. Its just a full out upgrade

Instead of a ton of progress pics and constant forum nagging about how hard this stuff is, I decided to just make a video lol. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PG0G53lZDY

Team X.I.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Du Ma Mai

Skyline VLOG eh? Haha, awesome, dude. You're like my Xmods Drift God. LOL! I need to up my performance parts and see what'll work for me to drift better.

Btw, I just happen to have a right side view mirror for my Skyline, black, that I don't need. I can send it to you if you want.

Last edited by Songha; 08-20-2010 at 01:31 AM..
Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Advance member

Nicely done. Coming along well. I just started my collection per say and am looking forward to getting inspirational ideas from your finished work.
Wanted:
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
EVO Car front differential (for AWD)

PM if you're willing to sell
Old 08-23-2010, 08:55 AM
German RSX-Freak

good job and your white skyline is soo cool
Old 08-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Drift maniac

Well my happiness just got ruined. Long story short, I wired up a Stage 1 motor and tried to test the throttle when the FETs blew up........... So now my drifting video is delayed unless I switch out the bodies and use my Lancer chassis. Which will be very, very annoying.... I might work hard tonight and install my iWaver board back in the car. I'm just really ticked right now. Here's a video I made cause I wanted to try and get someone to help me fix it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_oOiPd3ixk

EDIT:

The show must go on. Got it fixed. Here ya go guys! Busy busy can't keep the post too long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XFDLFDeJss

Team X.I.

Last edited by WhiteCharisma; 08-25-2010 at 08:31 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Du Ma Mai

I heard my named mention. Now you can drift w/o worrying about that mirror falling off.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Drift maniac

Quote:
I heard my named mention. Now you can drift w/o worrying about that mirror falling off.
Haha yeah definitely.

A bit of bad news....... the drift movie is......

Delayed.

Grrrr video about it here. Pictures and typing are were so last week haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YCKaJ7nlfY

Team X.I.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Du Ma Mai

I see you have different controllers. Does swapping the board or whatever and using those radios work better? ;o
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

You cannot use an Xmod transmitter with a MiniZ receiver.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Du Ma Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You cannot use an Xmod transmitter with a MiniZ receiver.
Yeah, I know. I was wonder if swapping the receiver and using a diff transmitter work better and how. xD
Old 08-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Drift maniac

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I was wonder if swapping the receiver and using a diff transmitter work better and how. xD
It gives you much more control over the car. A ton more, its near hobby grade with the big controllers and such. Its a big improvement over xmod electronics which are pretty basic in terms of control. The receiver swap and new radio make the car easier to control and its far less glitchy. Its a great upgrade for the most control over the car and in some cases it makes the car faster too because of stronger elecs and such. Reduced weight too but not by too much.

Team X.I.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Du Ma Mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCharisma View Post
It gives you much more control over the car. A ton more, its near hobby grade with the big controllers and such. Its a big improvement over xmod electronics which are pretty basic in terms of control. The receiver swap and new radio make the car easier to control and its far less glitchy. Its a great upgrade for the most control over the car and in some cases it makes the car faster too because of stronger elecs and such. Reduced weight too but not by too much.
Ahhh, I see, sounds like more control in drifting too huh? I wanna do a swap now. xD
Old 08-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Drift maniac

Quote:
Ahhh, I see, sounds like more control in drifting too huh? I wanna do a swap now. xD
Yes its definitely a great improvement but it takes time and soldering skills so its not messed up.

Finally, the Drift movie is done, and there's a release date. Posted a vid on my old channel to let others know I have a new one and whatnot. It features 3 of my cars (evo 6 got kicked out due to time. Sorry!). Hope you guys like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDs0ykdUGU

Team X.I.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Du Ma Mai

Awesome lookin forward to seeing the movie. Haha, gonna be some sick drifting.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Advance member

I'll have to watch it later. My wifi is being really slow so Safari on my iPod is taking forever to load and the YouTube app doesn't even work now. It's also almost 3 AM so I'm not bothering fixing it. I bet it will be great though. Looking forward to seeing it.
Wanted:
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
EVO Car front differential (for AWD)

PM if you're willing to sell