Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to Ol'Rover
Default 1971 C10 Resto-Mod -Project Rover II

Project Rover II: A 1971 C10 bought for $400 in June 2007. Winter has brought the project to a standstill so Rover sits in the snowbank untill winter ends. The Goal to make a lowbuck driver that looks cool and turns heads... My goal...building my dream truck, and having it road worthy by the time i get my G2 license.

Rover rolls into the shop after the snow is gone, and progress pictures will be posted.

the 400 buck truck!

[IMG]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i91/KurtS_1/Picture019.jpg[/IMG]

Project RoverII-1971 C10 Stepside 305,700R4
Old 03-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I wonder why your '71 sits so much higher then my '69 did with no engine:

Grab a pic of your option sheet on the glove box too! And then move to TX so you can work on it year-round

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Life is like a game

this looks like an interesting project, ho long do u think it might take to finish?also is this your fav chevy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Surgeon

One thing I would suggest doing different from the concept would be some modern wheels. I love an old hotrod with a new style 5 spoke. This is a great truck to crank on.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Stage 1 member

i realy like these rims, But at the moment were going with some stock rally's untill we can afoard something different.

i will be working on the truck year round, jsut this winter we didnt have electricity in the Garage so we couldnt run a welder this spring im diggin a hydro trench from the house to the garage. Ill take a pic of the buildsheet when i can open the doors lol, they dont open or close to well at the moment, their kinda holding the cab together.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
One thing I would suggest doing different from the concept would be some modern wheels. I love an old hotrod with a new style 5 spoke. This is a great truck to crank on.
I think this is the 1st time I'd have to disagree with since we 1st meet. Black Chevy rallys with beauty rings and the chrome center FTW!

Quote:
they dont open or close to well at the moment, their kinda holding the cab together.
Weld up some bracing in place of the rockers when you can. The spot welds on my passenger rocker panel broke some time ago before I bought it, and that door hits on the fender while opening, and sags probly like 2 inches fully opened.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 03-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I think this is the 1st time I'd have to disagree with since we 1st meet. Black Chevy rallys with beauty rings and the chrome center FTW!

Weld up some bracing in place of the rockers when you can. The spot welds on my passenger rocker panel broke some time ago before I bought it, and that door hits on the fender while opening, and sags probly like 2 inches fully opened.
yeah!!! Black rally's FTW!!!

yeah as soon as i get power to the shop were welding up some bracing, and same here with the door, Passenger side hits the fender, so i have to lift the front clip to open the door.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post

Yeah, to each his own. It's not that I don't like those kind of wheels, but I always see them... To each his own. I like 5 spoke wheels on muscle car/trucks.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Stage 1 member

sure thats cool and all, but i find it a slight bit tacky... im a classic oldschool kinda guy, i like my black rally's with beauty rings, and Dogdish centercaps, with whitewall tires and a 4/6 drop. In my mind it dont get much better. Although i will always be building onto this truck, shiny 5 spoke rims dont come anywhere near the top of the list. After building and a few years of work, im thinking of bagging it. But for now, i just want it on the road. :P

Old 03-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

wth are with those back rims on that red chev there tex almost looks like a spinner to me, or something ugly in my eyes
Old 03-28-2008, 03:20 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

when you say "road worthy" do you mean it does not run right now or the exterier is not..the best, how much money do you wanna put into it?
Old 03-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
wth are with those back rims on that red chev there tex almost looks like a spinner to me, or something ugly in my eyes
What? Black rims on a red Chevy?

This? Looks like 20s up fron, and 22s in rear. Don't mind the sizes, but don't like the rims. Now, with the right set of wheels:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=239896

Quote:
when you say "road worthy" do you mean it does not run right now or the exterier is not..the best, how much money do you wanna put into it?
Edit/Delete Message
He's got nothing under the hood Problem #1

Old 03-28-2008, 07:11 AM
Stage 1 member

lol yeah, were lookin for the $10,000 range... which should be fairly easy since all that realy needs to be replaced is parts of the cab floor. We are doing all of the work ourselves. Exept for paint...in a few years.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Surgeon

That is just the first one that came up that was close to what I like. Personally, something along the line of a stock vette 5-spoke would be it for my style. None of the fancy lines or even chrome, silver spoke. That is just my style.

Sorry for getting off-topic. Really cool truck.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I know of a truck like that with the C6 Vette rims, I'll dig it up at home. Uses the early 90s step side bed too.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Stage 1 member

i was actually very easily able to open the passengerside door tonight, I guess the last time i tried the latch was frozen. But im not gunna try opening the drivers side, sure it will open, but its very hard to get closed again... Ill get a picture of the options sheet tommorow. Its a very basic truck. Nothing special other than the 115" wheel base. And its actually a GMC not a Chevy... GMC Under the Chevy Bowtie.

Oh i also managed to crawl across the seat through the mound of parts over to the drivers side, i had to be siting there makeing engine noises and pretending to drive it for a good 45 mins...It just feels sooo right!!! God i love this truck.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Titantaw12

looks like a interesting project. Can't wait tell your done with it
Old 03-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Stage 1 member

i got a pic of the options sheet.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Stage 1 member

new resting photo's put the bowtie on we wil be rolling Rover into the shop soon, just have to put some shelving up and clear out the c-rap that built up in the garage during the winter. ALso got a new parts fetcher.

Da new parts fetcher, '08 Colorado