Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 AM
SPR

Default Car Show Sti

Well thought id share my project with you guys.
I own a Subaru car club here in the columbia gorge, and one of our many activities is attending car shows. and if any of you have ever actually entered a car show you would know that sitting around for 5-8 hours can get to be a little boring after a while. our last show we attended back in december was indoors, and i got to thinking... man i need an xmod right now to drive around. now i havnt touched an xmod since the 67 camaro was brand new. how long ago has that been over a year? so when i get to looking at them again online i see they have a subaru sti!! (i drive an sti my self, im in love lol) but its retired... i start checking ebay, and figure out they are rare as ****.... but i finally found a place to buy a sti body. so i purchased it tonight! should be here by the end of this week. so i went to find my old collection of xmods and parts... back in the day i had an rsx, 2 skylines, 67 camaro, the 65 mustang, and a 350z... but they all got lost, stolen, trashed and thrown out etc... so now im down to just my camaro and 350z. so i tore both them completley apart... and im going to totally rebuild from scratch my new chassis with all my best performance parts, and a few tricks, to make a pretty sweet chassis for my sti body soon.

so the goal for this project is a custom looking, moderatley quick STi that i can take to car shows with me and either drive around on the ground and entertain my self, or display on my car just for looks. and it will also be a small for of advertisment (it will have our logo on it, prob willl look like a body wrap since the decals will have to be somewhat big.

so now that ive bored you with my long story, im going to start the build and start posting pics.

so first, i tore apart my remaining 2 xmods down.

next i cleaned, sanded and prepped parts for paint.

First i painted the wheels.

then moved on to the body parts and hung them up to dry

i then took them off the strings, and sprayed them with a later of satin clear to make the color pop a little more and to protect them some.

so thats as far as ive gotten for now. gotta let things dry nice and get set up, and ill start bolting the chassis back together piece by piece.

and if your wondering about the color, its a satin pink... really simliar to STI pink. and yes if you didnt know the sti logo is PINK. so no im not ***. its a subaru thing... and in japan pink is a masculine color. so get the **** over it haters!

ill have more updates soon. this thing should be done by next monday hopefully. (one week)