Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > January 10'-11' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default January 10'-11' Build Off: 1990 Miata

Blah blah blah, sold the CRX for healthy price, bought me some RWD goodness. *** jokes aside, cosmetically it's in fantastic shape, and only has a few mechanical issues.

On the immediate to-do list:
-Brake rotors
-Tune up stuff, check timing belt
-check crank nose (google Miata short nose crank), car doesn't show any real symptoms yet, but it would be good to get a head start on it
-shocks
-radio
-a/c charge

Beyond that, it's just replacing the CRX as a fun to drive, but fuel efficient DD. The CRX just wasn't going to be reliable enough, or easy enough to find parts for in a hurry, as I found out.

The car is a hoot to drive, much more capable than the CRX. Unfortunatly, with bad shocks it's absolutly terrifying to take a corner at high speeds! Just wants to get loose over bumps. So for now it's a matter of basic maintenance before any real changes.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-02-2010 at 11:32 PM..