Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > General Mini & Micro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Mini z awd questions??

Hi,

So I recently just bought a new Mini z awd but I'm not familiar with it, so I have a couple of questions...

1) The body I have right now is a Subaru wrx (sedan) what length drive shaft is it using?

2) I want to get a lancer evolution body, will the autoscale come with a new front clip? Is the lancer body shorter/longer than the subaru? If so, will the pieces to adjust the lenght come with the autoscale? Also, does anyone know the shaft length for the lancer evolution body?

3) Are front and rear diffs the same/interchnagable?
Old 01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
Hi,

So I recently just bought a new Mini z awd but I'm not familiar with it, so I have a couple of questions...

1) The body I have right now is a Subaru wrx (sedan) what length drive shaft is it using?

2) I want to get a lancer evolution body, will the autoscale come with a new front clip? Is the lancer body shorter/longer than the subaru? If so, will the pieces to adjust the lenght come with the autoscale? Also, does anyone know the shaft length for the lancer evolution body?

3) Are front and rear diffs the same/interchnagable?
1)If it's this Subaru, it's 90mm chassis.

This one is 94mm.

The drive shaft is the same length in both.
2)The Lancer Evolution is 94mm. A new unopened autoscale (ASC) will come with the front clip. A used one should, but not always.
To change length you just undo 4 screws, change the center shaft spur gear and move the whole rear end. If you bought the chassis new it will come with what you need.

See the 2 screws in the alloy closest to the plastic chassis, and there are 2 underneath as well.

The center gear is the black piece right in the middle of the chassis towards the rear alloy bits.
3)Yes, the front and rear diffs are the same.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Stage 2 member

Thanks xmodcanuck! I'm still a bit confused about the shaft lenght though. I have the blue subaru which is a 90mm chassis but it has the same driveshaft as the 94mm white subaru?? Should I buy a new 94mm driveshaft for the lancer body? Also will I have to swap out spur gears, or just place the existing spur onto the new 94mm shaft?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:00 AM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

You can use the same center drive shaft you have now, just need to use a 94mm spur gear.