Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > January 10'-11' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 02:08 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

Awsome this Jeep is just so beutiful and the lift would be nice and do you plan on painting it.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

No plans to paint the entire vehicle, besides the spots that are peeling on the roof. I do plan to paint the roof racks and maybe my rims.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Elite member

Tonight I decided to paint my luggage rack since I had time. I probably should have waited till next weekend... but I like doing things so I went ahead and did it!

I sanded the racks and rails down and sprayed it a new flat black. I will probably shoot another coat tomorrow morning, and then put them back up in the afternoon if it isn't raining... which it is suppose to do... all day long... and Sunday...

But here are some pics from tonight... (Photobucket is acting up, pictures might not appear.... )

Last edited by BulletsRain; 05-15-2010 at 12:40 AM..
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM
Elite member

Looking good, That flat black will look good on your jeep.

TEAM XI
Old 05-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Elite member

Thanks Banana! The rails look a lot better than they did before!

I got some more cold cathodes, and I but the new ones up front where my old ones were, and put the old ones further back under the driver and passenger seats, to light up the rear floor by the bench seat. It looks really sweet at night I think.

The switch that controls the under dash lights

I know my stocker is boring... but I'm trying to make it not as boring... slowly but surely. :thumbsup:
Old 05-16-2010, 03:14 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

Nice keep up the good work and by the end of this project its gonna be beutiful.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Elite member

Yea, those roof racks look good flatblack and now that their mounted they look even better.

TEAM XI
Old 05-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Elite member

Well. I decided to dig up my 1 3/4th inch spacers. I want to put them on!

I was asked for a picture of the back under seat lighting on another forum, so I went ahead and posted them here too.

With Flash

Without Flash
Old 05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Elite member

Ordering new side mirrors after this weekend. I am going with a black color. It should look good.

At this point I am just fixing all that needs to be fixed, then going to start saving for a lift and tires. I'm thinking by the end of summer I should have it!

WOOT!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Elite member

Cool hope you get enough to buy the lift.

TEAM XI
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Elite member

Yea I'm trying to just sell a bunch of stuff to help me fund this project!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Elite member

Updates! (Didn't want to write two separate things, so just copying this from JeepForum.

Well... on that little trip to SMORR yesterday I had the windows all the way down on the highway and my darn headliner pretty much almost just ripped off. It was bowling foam all in my eyes and all over so I decided it was time to take it out. So I am going to spray it with bed liner and make sure it looks good, then put her back up.

Also, while the center roof console and back cargo lights are out, I'm going to upgrade the bulbs to LED's. Putting in the order right now. :thumbsup:

I was really surprised I only broke one thing while I was taking all the side panels off and stuff. BTW, the rear panel by the cargo light... yea make sure you take the clear lens off, and then unscrew it... I kind of forced the panel out from around it... :eek:

Here are pics of the day!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Elite member

Bummer about the headliner. Its kinda weird how a vehicle thats only 14 years old could have that problem. Like a vehicle being older than that not having that problem, like my truck its 18 years old and its still intacked, just like it came out of the factory. lol

Hope you get it fixed though.

TEAM XI
Old 05-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Elite member

The felt part was coming off, not the actual fiberglass part. I'm going to spray the fiberglass with bed liner. It should turn out pretty good and look good. I've seen several with it done, and it looked good.
I'll get it done sometime this week. I gotta go buy bed liner. Also have to order up new mirrors.

Then after that stuff... and maybe HID's cause I want them... I'm good to go on the lift.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Elite member

I forgot to post pics of some of the offroading.. wish I would of brought my camera... instead of my phone. It died half way through.. but I should of took my pics, but it was so intense.

I parked my Jeep, the trails were really washed out.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Elite member

Got my headliner sprayed, it turned out not to good. The darn glue spots from the Previous owner pretty much ruined the whole thing. For the most part it looks okay. If I would have used a thicker bed liner I think it would have worked nicely. Oh well, only $20 bucks wasted. I'll get it redone with some black felt once I can get a chance to go up to St. Louis.

I got all my LED interior lights in. Cell phone doesn't pic up the lighting well enough, so tomorrow I will get pics with my digital camera. I must say, it is bright when you open up a door! I won't ever lose anything again that's for sure.

The next thing I want to do is replace my driver's side mirror and go ahead and replace the passenger one too. Then after that's done I will get HID's.
Don't worry, the lift fund is building on the side of all this.
I put my dirt bike up for sale and if that sells, my lift and tires are bought. Then I'll just need like $200 for wheels.

Anyways, enough ranting...

Here are some pics..

Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Elite member

Looking good, the liner doesn't look to bad in the pictures, but then agian I haven't seen it in person so I can't reallt say much.

TEAM XI
Old 05-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Elite member

In some spots it's real good, other spots it sucks. It will be fixed mid summer probably. For now I'll live with it.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Elite member

Haven't updated this for a bit, sorry bout that. I'll just copy my posts from JeepForum.

My interior LED lighting.

5/30/10
Took pics of the interior lights.
Sorry for blurry pics....
If anyone wants a bulb list or anything lemme know.

I still have to replace both driver and passenger side foot well lights. Oh and BTW... if you take that crappy plastic cover off the lights in the foot well they are like 2x brighter. :thumbsup:

6/3/10
Well yesterday I was driving to work, jamming to some Guns and Roses, when poof my Radio shut off and my VIC shut off. My VIC had been blinking like crazy earlier that day. It was telling me all sorts of good information, like how I was in 2wd and 4 lo at the same time! It also said all my doors were open! Crazy stuff!

Well anyways, I started to push buttons with the "WTF" look on my face... but then I smelled a familiar smell. Burning plastic... I started freaking out, ready to pull into the nearest parking lot to put out a fire, but nothing happen. My first thought was that it was just a blown fuse, and I had smelled the fuse and that was all...

Well I was wrong. After about an hour of checking fuses and reading the manual to see what fuses controlled what, I finally pulled out the right fuse. I saw that it was broken, so I thought no biggie, and popped another one in. Immediately after I heard a faint pop, and then smelt that same smell again. I looked to my left to see smoke rolling out from where the VIC is. I rushed to pull that fuse out. I don't even like the thought of having something in my vehicle that could cause a fire, so I got to work on pulling that VIC out.

I got the dashboard and stuff out all in about an hour.
Here are the pics.

Burn spot?

The smoke I was smelling came from this spot, really glad it didn't catch the board on fire. Then I would have had a big problem.

Closer pic of the damage

Time to go to the junkyard and see if I can find another one! Oh, and yes... unlike some I like my VIC. Maybe I can find a 5.9 grille too!

6/7/10

Alright so the VIC problem has been fixed. Got a replacement from the Junkyard for $30. Not bad :thumbsup:

So I got the dash put back on today. I also wired in 3 white superflux led lights from Oznium in the glovebox. I also put a blue superflux in the cigarette lighter.
Here are the pics!

Lights in place ready to be wired together

Glued in place with some hot glue

Soldered wires, and glued them to be nice and tucked away.

The lights stick out a little bit. I don't mind it though. It's mostly just because I couldn't find the right drill bit.

The lights on. Oh, They are wired in a series getting power from a 194 base that plugs into the factory outlet for the original light. This way the push button switch still works. :2thumbsup:

I put a piece of paper in there just to show the brightness. Now this is with the Jeep off, I'm sure running the light would be a bit brighter. My battery isn't the best! All these LED's are sure helping though... darn incandscent bulbs!

Here is the cigarette lighter... I think it's pretty sweet and yes... it really does look like that.

While playing around with that little blue superflux I put it in the shifter light and it was awesome. So I'll be ordering more LED lights for the Shifter and 4wd shifter and also the key light. LEDs ARE AWESOME!

6/8/10
Got my new piece of mirror glass installed today. I like it!
Now I can actually see with my driver side mirror. :2thumbsup:

I think I'm going to go ahead and order HID's... 6000k for headlights... 3000k for fogs.

Yes I know... I have stock housings... and it will most likely glare...

The only times I drive at night are when I work night shifts or stay out late at friends. The town I live in really shuts down at night. I have seriously drove home from work before and only passed one car during a 15 minute drive. There are also not a lot of street lights around my neighborhood... and you know how those deer like to pretend to be ninjas.... :teehee:

^ That was to the haters of non projector true HID housings. There is tons of arguments about it.... as I'm sure some of you know. Not looking to argue with anyone about it.

As of today, 6/12/10, I have HID's on the way... basically just some small things left to do... I got the money to buy my lift kit, but I don't quite have the funds for tires and wheels yet. Well... I mean I do but, I wouldn't have any money left over which would be a bad thing. More updates to come.

Last edited by BulletsRain; 06-12-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Elite member

Really starting too look good. As for the LED's were did you get them and what are some of the specs on those? Like brand, size, etc... lol

TEAM XI