Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 AM
SPR

Default Car Show Sti

Well thought id share my project with you guys.
I own a Subaru car club here in the columbia gorge, and one of our many activities is attending car shows. and if any of you have ever actually entered a car show you would know that sitting around for 5-8 hours can get to be a little boring after a while. our last show we attended back in december was indoors, and i got to thinking... man i need an xmod right now to drive around. now i havnt touched an xmod since the 67 camaro was brand new. how long ago has that been over a year? so when i get to looking at them again online i see they have a subaru sti!! (i drive an sti my self, im in love lol) but its retired... i start checking ebay, and figure out they are rare as ****.... but i finally found a place to buy a sti body. so i purchased it tonight! should be here by the end of this week. so i went to find my old collection of xmods and parts... back in the day i had an rsx, 2 skylines, 67 camaro, the 65 mustang, and a 350z... but they all got lost, stolen, trashed and thrown out etc... so now im down to just my camaro and 350z. so i tore both them completley apart... and im going to totally rebuild from scratch my new chassis with all my best performance parts, and a few tricks, to make a pretty sweet chassis for my sti body soon.

so the goal for this project is a custom looking, moderatley quick STi that i can take to car shows with me and either drive around on the ground and entertain my self, or display on my car just for looks. and it will also be a small for of advertisment (it will have our logo on it, prob willl look like a body wrap since the decals will have to be somewhat big.

so now that ive bored you with my long story, im going to start the build and start posting pics.

so first, i tore apart my remaining 2 xmods down.

next i cleaned, sanded and prepped parts for paint.

First i painted the wheels.

then moved on to the body parts and hung them up to dry

i then took them off the strings, and sprayed them with a later of satin clear to make the color pop a little more and to protect them some.

so thats as far as ive gotten for now. gotta let things dry nice and get set up, and ill start bolting the chassis back together piece by piece.

and if your wondering about the color, its a satin pink... really simliar to STI pink. and yes if you didnt know the sti logo is PINK. so no im not ***. its a subaru thing... and in japan pink is a masculine color. so get the **** over it haters!

ill have more updates soon. this thing should be done by next monday hopefully. (one week)
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to Nissanshift350

So is that why I see some subi's with a pink logo in the grill replacing the subi logo?

I like the camaro and the z a lot by the way

Team ACCENTS Founder
Team Ford GT Founder
Old 01-08-2008, 01:30 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissanshift350 View Post
So is that why I see some subi's with a pink logo in the grill replacing the subi logo?

I like the camaro and the z a lot by the way
yeah the pink I logo is "JDM" I for impreza, pink because thats just subarus color.
i didnt want pink on my real sti tho so i got CF looking I badges haha. but this project, it will be pretty pinked out.

and thank you for the compliments on the other 2. nothing to special about them thou, camaro has a body kit, 350z has stickers... thats it lol.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 AM
Elite member

Well that's cool.. I'm not a big fan of pink regardless of if its a girl color or not. Lol. I have oh I'd say 4 xmod subarus and not one has any pink on it I'm glad to say... and if u evern wanna part with that camaro body pm me.

If u wanna see my subis I can upload some pics. I have
Yellow fujitsubo
Orange Hpi
Blue subi with jap bk hood
And a mini z subaru wrx sti spec c 06 mounted on a short evo awd chassis

Team ACCENTS Founder
Team Ford GT Founder
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 AM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday

that is going to be awesome man, the pink will deffinately be cool all together. should be an interesting project, keep us updated

nice Camaro and Z as well

Team XI
Old 01-08-2008, 02:59 AM
SPR

Quote:
Well that's cool.. I'm not a big fan of pink regardless of if its a girl color or not. Lol. I have oh I'd say 4 xmod subarus and not one has any pink on it I'm glad to say... and if u evern wanna part with that camaro body pm me.

If u wanna see my subis I can upload some pics. I have
Yellow fujitsubo
Orange Hpi
Blue subi with jap bk hood
And a mini z subaru wrx sti spec c 06 mounted on a short evo awd chassis
man id love to see some pics of your subs. any of em for sale?
i have camaro body kits and hood ill part with, but i wont part with the body. i own a 67 camaro in real life im restoring right now... and when it goes into the body shop to get its paint job, i plan on painting the xmod body to match. so ill never part with it, sorry!

the 350z on other hand ill prob part with for a suby...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noturday View Post
that is going to be awesome man, the pink will deffinately be cool all together. should be an interesting project, keep us updated

nice Camaro and Z as well
thanks, the thing you guys also gotta think about, is your really not going to see the pink. except for the wheels. its all hidden under the body, so its not going to be super catchy and screaming PINK! cuz im not painting the body.

although i plan on modifying the xmods underglow, and prob stuffing pink led's in it. not sure yet, might just do blue. either way it will have em.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Elite member

Sorry man I won't sell any of my subis. I'd buy that 2 tho for 20 lol. And way this aint no bst thread so pm me if u wanna sell it.

Anyhow I love my subi's and worked so hard to get em I could never part with em.

And its cool to hear you got a real 67 camaro.. I my self have 2 1967 mercury cougars.. But sadly I'm prolly selling one tomorrow. And I'll admit if I sell it I'll cry lol.... anyhow here are some pics of my subis
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00059.JPG (31.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00062.JPG (28.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00064.JPG (33.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00063.JPG (33.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00117.JPG (28.0 KB, 24 views)

Team ACCENTS Founder
Team Ford GT Founder
Old 01-08-2008, 04:28 AM
SPR

Quote:
Sorry man I won't sell any of my subis. I'd buy that 2 tho for 20 lol. And way this aint no bst thread so pm me if u wanna sell it.

Anyhow I love my subi's and worked so hard to get em I could never part with em.

And its cool to hear you got a real 67 camaro.. I my self have 2 1967 mercury cougars.. But sadly I'm prolly selling one tomorrow. And I'll admit if I sell it I'll cry lol.... anyhow here are some pics of my subis
do the mini Z's fit on xmods perfectly? i GOTTA have that 06 body style!!

and thats why haha. the 04-05 body style is the next best thing, but if theres an 06 out there i need it lol.

id trade my 350z for a suby body, but i wont sell it for cash, sorry.

but heres my 67, getting ready to put it in the car trailer and take it to my shop.

when its done hopefully...

Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Elite member

Yea it fits perfect for me you can find the body on ebay or something. They come in white, blue or black

Team ACCENTS Founder
Team Ford GT Founder
Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

i love that 67 camaro you got,even if its not running i still love it !!! gotta love the "old" muscle cars...

nice xmods by the way..
Old 01-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Just one question from me.......... How do you OWN a car club? Every car club I have ever been involved with has had a board of directors,and the entire club membership had a vote in what happened. UNLESS you mean that you have paid for and copyrighted the NAME? because then it is not a club but a business.

oh btw ??PINK??? ok girlieman, whatever you like!!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:22 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
i love that 67 camaro you got,even if its not running i still love it !!! gotta love the "old" muscle cars...

nice xmods by the way..
Thank you, fortunatly it runs like a champ. its got a very ballsy 327 ive rebuilt and bored out. before i put the speedo in it, i flipped a ***** and nailed the gas (didnt see the cop) and took off down this straight stretch. he couldnt catch me he governed out at 110 lmao. thankfully he liked old muscle cars too and i got off decently easy...

Quote:
Yea it fits perfect for me you can find the body on ebay or something. They come in white, blue or black
sweet!! yeah i just found one for like 40 bucks i think... might have to order that soon. thats my fav body style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
Just one question from me.......... How do you OWN a car club? Every car club I have ever been involved with has had a board of directors,and the entire club membership had a vote in what happened. UNLESS you mean that you have paid for and copyrighted the NAME? because then it is not a club but a business.
okay then let me rephrase this...
I created the name, I paid for everything to get set up, stickers, banner for car shows, web hosting fees, i created the website from scratch, i run everything, i organize meets, handle memberships, and do EVEERYTHING. so what do you want me to say, i Organized and Run a car club? happy now mr picky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
oh btw ??PINK??? ok girlieman, whatever you like!!
hater! call an sti a girlie car i dare ya! haha.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:
hater! call an sti a girlie car i dare ya! haha.
Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll if it is PINK ok I can do that, girlieman!! driving a girliecar

or would you rather I called you "Mary Kay" ???? ROFLMAO
Old 01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
SPR

well, i finished the chassis tonight (minus the 5 cell and batterys/soldering)

So here it is....

Metal bearing kit threw out the entire car, freshly regreased.
Graphite Lubed all joints, points of friction, and drive shaft
Installed awd kit
stage 2 red motor with matching gears front and rear
locked diffs front and rear
Metal Motor Heat Sink
red springs
STi Pink painted parts

soon to come is the 5 cell and batterys.

heres the pics.

Pictured on my 67 camaro body since the Stee body hasnt arrived yet, (this saturday hopefully, maybe monday)

any where there is it for now... next step is to get the body... the SPR decals for it and applied, and then the custom pink underglow, with lights kit. and then Project Car show STI will be complete.

Also i finally won a whole sti on ebay! so now im going to have 2... it will be the next project posted in here, Show car STi 2. it arrives this friday. it will have a body wrap graphic too. and i will prob upgrade it to a stage 2 lithium ion power, blue neon underglow, the light kit, and call it good. heres the pics of it taken from the auction.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

****, the chassis isnt bad looking, infact I'll paint a body to match that. But you know the metal heatsink doesnt work well? Your better off with a plastic one. Pink rims look awsome on that Camaro!! btw, is that a NSX rim that the car is standing on? Would you like to sell me a set of NSX rims? And the subbie rims and the mini-mag set? I love reading them for some reason
Old 01-09-2008, 01:53 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
****, the chassis isnt bad looking, infact I'll paint a body to match that. But you know the metal heatsink doesnt work well? Your better off with a plastic one. Pink rims look awsome on that Camaro!! btw, is that a NSX rim that the car is standing on? Would you like to sell me a set of NSX rims? And the subbie rims and the mini-mag set? I love reading them for some reason
lol i dont think ill go as drastic as painting the body pink... i might how ever paint it silver or white... but for now it will stay blue. and the camaro's chassis gets rebuilt, it deff WONT be on pink wheels lmao. glad u like it, but not my cup of tee. and the metal heat sink im pretty much only using for looks, it looks cooler than platic lol.

but yes, that black set of wheels i will sell. i got a couple sets for sale. $8 shipped for the set of 4 black ones.

but the subie wheels are not for sale.

and are you talking about the magazine in the picture of the subaru? i dont know if i get that or not. i think i do.. but i havnt got the car yet so we will see. if you want the mag and the set of 4 black wheels in the pic, ill say 10 bucks shipped for all of it.

let me know. i also got body kits for the rsx, 65 stang, and 67 camaro for sale too. and some white 5 spoke rsx wheels.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Sounds cool, I'll PM you instead of going way off topic now. BTW, pink rims on the camaro FTW!!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 AM
SPR

sounds good.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 PM
SPR

sti body will be here monday, finally got the tracking number. but the car how ever should be here friday. i love how i order the car after the body and it gets here first haha. USPS priority is the way to go! screw ups lol.

so car will be done soon. my stickers will be coming soon too.

and anyone need some freaking 1st gen body kits?! i got a ton i need to get rid of NIB. unopened.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
SPR

well my sti car sorta arrived today. i was in portland at the hobby shop getting parts for my tmaxx and rc10 when it arrived, but they wouldnt leave it cuz i had to sign for it. so when i got home tonight i had a note that said come pick it up. and its closed tomorrow and sunday, so i wont be able to get it untill monday **** it!! so looks like ill get both my body and car on monday.

but!

when i was at my hobby shop i found this new RC, i had never heard of em, maybe you guys have. but i bought one cuz they looked cool as ****.

we all have seen the team losi mini T. but anyone seen the Micro T's yet? they are even smaller and pretty effin sweet!! i picked mine up for 80 bucks today. brought it home and bone stock this thing will pull a wheelie till its draggin bumper and hold it for a good foot at least! its pretty sick! they are barley smaller than an xmod, come with a recharable battery pack and yeah. either way heres some pics of it at least.

they are pretty **** quick though! and to pop a wheelie is pretty freaking rad to me.

anyway update on the subys on monday.

Last edited by SPR; 01-11-2008 at 10:53 PM..
Closed Thread