Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriganalRiD3R1967 View Post
I think its a great first project, esp since u finished it -more or less-, good job. Post pics when u get the vinyls, ya?
I will post the vinyl pics and hopefully with the money I might get for my B-day I can get it fixed and running again.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Stage 1 member

the scion is looking nice can't wait to see the finish project
Old 01-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Stage 1 member

Default BACK FROM THE GRAVE... sort of.

Well I somewhat revived my TC, in other words I'm just sharing my EVO chassis with my GT-R. As far as where I left off nothing has changed much other than more scratches and scuffs lol. I did do a little messing around with tire options and I think I've finally found one that works.
The first thing I tried were some tires that came with my '56 Bel Air model and they fit perfectly onto the Foam tire rims. They actually gave it a nice ride height and didn't look to bad on the car, on the other hand they weren't very wide and they were very very hard and very little traction.

For a little while I was using the GT-R rims and using two tires, one tire wrapped over the one on the rim.

Finally, and hopefully this will be the last option, I have a bunch of these thin lego tires that fit more or less perfectly onto the foam tire rims. I just had to make a couple of little "ridges" just to keep the tire from slipping.

They aren't as wide as the normal rubber tires but they, I at least hope, are going to be better in the long run. They're softer than the doubled up tires so that will help soak up a bit of the rough spots on the road and since they have the "ridges" they shouldn't lose much traction and hopefully be able to run through gravel and sand without much problems.

Since I'm sharing this chassis my GT-R won't get much done to it for a long time, but good news is this project will be picking up steam again.
Here are the plans I have for this car:
-Get a little more "lift" and ground clearance without having to relocate my battery tray. I'm possibly going to see if I can retro fit/re-model a truck suspension kit to fit to give it more lift.
-Finally get some "wheel wells" or dirt guards into the car so that I car run it through sand and dirt without having to clean it every other day. I may not do this and just make it an indoor car since it can run on carpet without any problems.
-Possibly re-paint, not a major deal since I'm running it on the street 50% of the time.
-Make a spoiler, and if I ever get putty and styrene I'll make it look even more like a rally car by giving it some fender flares and making the front bumper almost smoothed and flat (well rounded).
-And if I can get the right kind of lift I'm looking for I'll make some plating for the underside of the car to prevent damage otherwise just get the metal parts.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Stage 1 member

Default Yeah and nay...

So I managed to get the front suspension lifted by another couple of mm by tweaking the top piece and I'll get pics up later. Unfortunately I was doing some driving around a bit with it and noticed my steering was acting really funny and I wasn't getting any right hand steering, so I did a bit of checking and pulling apart and I think that steering motor is shot. I did a bit of tests with it apart from the gears and it just wasn't right at all so I'm going to pull the servo off of my dead chassis and put it onto this one since that one works fine.

Ugh so many problems, so many problems...
This also doesn't help my mood any since I either f'd my fuel gauge or I got jacked out of 8 bucks in gas (real life car).