Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

Well me and my pops(mostly my pops) did work on the bed over the last few weeks and as far as body work, it is pretty much done. We have to re-do the mounts though, because the bed sits too low. Right now we are trying to figure out how to do the back light. We want to do something simple but looks clean. I've been looking on Google and have seen some nice set-ups. I'll have pics tomorrow since it's 10:00 here.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Cloud 9

My dad decided to rewire the truck. He didn't like the way it came out when we did it. We ordered a 20 circuit wiring harness from speedway motors. It had good reviews. We got the fuse box mounted and some of the wiring done. I'll try to have pics tomorrow if I can find a camera.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Speedway Motors is the bomb.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Speedway Motors is the bomb.
yeah. They seem to be a very good company. The directions are very detailed and easy to read. Its almost like a 4 year old could put this kit in. I have been meaning to get pictures, but I don't have a digital camera at the moment.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Cloud 9

Woooooow. Haven't been on in a while. We've made some progress on the truck. Most of the wiring is done and we got a front windshield installed. I'll have more pics up soon. I've been posting on theHAMB.com.

I also found out that the rear axle is a Dana 41. Does anyone know where I can get a set of gears for it? I dont which ratio yet, but at least I'll know where to buy them. It will be on the freeway alot and cruise through the streets a bit.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

The Dana 41 is used in a lot of trucks, Jeeps too. Jegs, Summit, and other various off-road suppliers should carry them.

3.73 is as high as I'd go for a street trucks that wants some usable highway speed. Unless you've got overdrive that is.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Cloud 9

Thanks. We plan on buying a rebuilt C6 with a shift kit when I get a few extra bucks saved up. Thanks for the tip! The transmission is not overdrive.

I've done some more research and the rear end gears for this year is either 3.73 4.27? 3.92

Last edited by jabari; 06-21-2012 at 01:33 AM..