Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Exclamation Xmod Truck Project

Hey was up every body i just wanted to show what i am going to be spending the next few days on and what i am going to be putting together and i hope you guys can help me choose what body i should get for my project and what extra stuff i can put or some good ideas

I got the board from uncle D he sold it to me through ebay and naw he is making his xmod brushless so it's going to be allot better

Hear are some pics hope to get allot of post telling me your opinion and your ideas

ALL The stuff i am going to be using

Main stuff i am using

Wheels and SLAMMED RIMS

DONT KNOW WHAT CHASSIS TO USE (please help me choose)

MINI T BOARD(witch i got from uncle d cool guy)

THATS IT PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE A BODY AND TELL ME YOUR IDEAS OR GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS ON THE PROJECT

EVERY BODY IS WELCOMED TO SEE MY VIDS ON YOUTUBE LOOK AT LINK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfmg4Zuohys

Newer pics i am almost done with my truck i just need to find a good body for it here some pictures below

Thats all the pics and i still need to get a nice body i think i might get a jeep body

Last edited by Richy2316; 07-31-2010 at 02:06 PM..
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
lets rocknrolla

Looks like it's gonna be a great project man! those tires are HUGE; they're going to look mighty fine once mounted on the chassis.

I'd say use the chassis that's boned out; it screams "put me together" you know.. ha! Plus, it seems you've got more than enough parts to build her up.

I don't know what you're aiming for as far as the final concept of your project, but a crawler would be SICK; dead on man.

I'd say get an F-150 body for it; I really like the "crusher"look of it when lifted and big meats under; maybe add underbody armor to it (some thin aluminum sheet you can bend and cut with ease) and some graphics of your liking.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Stage 2 member

sounds like a good idea but i am going to make a crawler later on. right naw i just want a really fast truck and i might get a F150 thanks for your idea and for your opinion wish i had more people giving me their opinion and ideas
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Pretty sweet stuff you got there. I'd say use whatever chassis you want too use. Thats up too you.

TEAM XI
Old 07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Stage 2 member

well i kind of want to use the one that is taken apart because i wouldn't have to take some stuff of from the other new chassis i might make the other chassis a crawler
Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Well, heres my lowdown on the chassis. Use 3/4 inch aluminum rail as your base. Use it as a torsional chassis. Attach that to the pivot on the rear, make mounting mounts for the front and rear gearboxes. Use 1/18 Universal joints and JB weld them to the outputs on the bevel gears. Use 1/8th inch brass pipe as your shaft and connect it to the Universals. Use 2 6x10x2.5mm bearings as stabilizing bearings on the center of your torsion chassis, Drill 2 holes in the chassis large enough for the shaft, and then your set. Oha nd s far as the body goes I would do a Hummer h2 SUT, you asked and I answered, theres my .02
Old 07-25-2010, 01:03 AM
Stage 2 member

wow dude you really know your stuff you got me lost with all those parts but thanks for your idea and info i wish i could know what your talking about but i don't
Old 07-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

I will draw you a pic of all this on paint when i get back

Happy Modding
Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 PM
lets rocknrolla

WOO.. dreamingISdrifting really knows his stuff man; it all went over my head with the torsional chassis thing;I kinda follow what he's saying but dang it got too technical HA!

It'd be real awesome to know all that.

A hummer body would look sweet on it too, I still stick to the F-150 ( I like it better ha!)

Richy; what dreamingSIdrifting sound like what you where asking for; a very concrete and knowledgeable opinion. Hope more people like dreamingSIdrifting punch in on some ideas for you.

Your project just got airborne man!
Old 07-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Stage 2 member

Yea he does know his stuff and i still need to make up my mind with what body i want i wish i can find a jeep Sahara body the long jeeps i really like those and i wish i can fit it on there good

But i need more ideas and opinions

you guys should check out my vids on youtube the link is at the bottom of all the pics
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 PM
lets rocknrolla

MAN those vids are pretty RAD! I really like your crawling videos man .
"my bracelet says.. I LOVE BOO....S" HA!!!!! dude ha!

The jeep sahara would look sick if you could get one; I seriously don't know where you would be able to get it. Have you tried going to the dollar store or walmart? sometimes they have toy grade RC's that are pretty close to 1/28th scale that you can always custom fit you know? I've done it but it was a RAT ROD body.

What about something like a tubular structure? sort of a baja-buggy kinda thing? you can make the rollcage out of copper tubing and install some styrene panels on the sides, roof, and hood. Add some racing color scheme to it and graphics; then fabricate custom clips for it.

I mean It's going to be a blazing fast big-meaty truck isn't it?! ha!

There's this guy ( I can't remember his screen name) that's actually fabricating a rollcage out of the same material; he's got a thread about it. You could ask him to give you some pointers on how to make one for your truck! BTW, his rollcage is really really cool; you should check it out.

What gear ratio are you planning to use on you truck?
Old 07-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Stage 2 member

well actually i don't have a crawler you where probably looking at the wrong channel my name on youtube im Richy2316 and the guy that had the i luv boobies is one of my friends not me.

i think i am going to have to go check out some stores to see if i find the body and mount it on and to tell you the truth i don't know what your talking about the gear ratio i am kind of new to rc i don't know most stuff bout them

ANd also i am new to this xmodsource so i don't really know allot of people and i don't really know how to search and look for the thread you where talking about
Old 07-26-2010, 12:14 PM
lets rocknrolla

Oh, right on ; my bad man. I clicked on the link at the bottom of all the pics and it sent me to that channel on utube. I saw about all the vids there so I kinda assumed they were all yours; sorry bra.

Can you provide me with the link to your vids? I' appreciate it ha!

Well, gear ratios is actually pretty simple. a gear ratio is a comparison of one gear to another. GEAR RATIO by definition: is a numerical comparison of the number of revolutions (full turns) of the drive gear as compared to one revolution of the driven gear.

If you have two gears and one is half the size of the other; it means that the smaller gear would have to turn 2 revolutions (2 full turns) in order to move the bigger gear 1 revolution.

Gear reduction ratios are used to either increase torque or top speed trough out your power band. Same concept applies for anything that has gears and wheels on it; like xmods, etc..

If you look on the side where your motor is located, you'll see the pinion gear (spur gear) attached to the motor, then a freewheeling gear (the white fatty double sided gear) and then you have your differential (spur gear) underneath it all right?

Based on real mechanics, the kind of tranny found in the xmods is INDIRECT DRIVE which means that there is a freewheeling gear (a gear that moves freely on a shaft) in between the differential and the power output source (your motor with the little pinion gear on)

When you change the settings of your freewheeling gear and pinion gear (one on the motor); what you are doing is changing the gear reduction ratio of your final drive either to increase torque or increase top end.

On the GEN-1's this concept also applies but instead of changing the freewheeling and spur gear, you would have to change the bevel gear (color coded) and motor with the pinion gear that fist it.

EVO's car and truck are more mechanically oriented and they resemble more to the real deal.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Stage 2 member

Well hear is a link to my channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Richy2316

And thanks for the info i kind of get you naw and hey i think i found a jeep body like the one i wanted but i will have to wait because i am about to buy a mini z and i need the cash for the mini z
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Sweet project man. Just a question, but where did you get those tires and are they soft?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:23 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
Sweet project man. Just a question, but where did you get those tires and are they soft?
thanks and i got these tires in a trade and they are not soft they are really hard
Old 08-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy2316 View Post
thanks and i got these tires in a trade and they are not soft they are really hard
Oh okay. Thanks for the fast reply.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
Oh okay. Thanks for the fast reply.
yea no problem once i get a good body and some new lipo ill post some new pics