Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

That's not low... That in the lowered truck world is to high! Bag that truck!

Well worth it in the long run, however it's a pretty penny.

Blade.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
That's not low... That in the lowered truck world is to high! Bag that truck!

Well worth it in the long run, however it's a pretty penny.

Blade.
Oh I know its not "Low" but its the lowest truck in my town. lol

Closest too it is a car. lol & its still not as low as my truck.

Wish I could afford too bag it, the guy I got the torque thrust from had a truck similar too mine & it was bagged. Pretty sweet.

TEAM XI
Old 08-07-2010, 02:11 PM
Stage 2 member

i will post some pics of the truck im going to keep from my dad and ill post the pcs once i get a better pant job or ill just show it with the crappy paint job and then post the new one once i get a new paint job the truck is a 1996 chevrolet silverado and it has a front of a 1999 Cadilac
Old 08-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy2316 View Post
i will post some pics of the truck im going to keep from my dad and ill post the pcs once i get a better pant job or ill just show it with the crappy paint job and then post the new one once i get a new paint job the truck is a 1996 chevrolet silverado and it has a front of a 1999 Cadilac
So its a chevilac? lol

They sell a cadilac kit for the 90's model chevy trucks, but I found out that you can get a front end off of a 90's model escalade & its a direct bolt on, all you have too do is drill one new hole. (Learned this from the mechanic/body work man) who put my new tire on. Because he did the conversion for a guy.

TEAM XI
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananabrain View Post
So its a chevilac? lol

They sell a cadilac kit for the 90's model chevy trucks, but I found out that you can get a front end off of a 90's model escalade & its a direct bolt on, all you have too do is drill one new hole. (Learned this from the mechanic/body work man) who put my new tire on. Because he did the conversion for a guy.
yea u can say its a chevilac the paint job is nasty it was suppose to be tangerine and white pearl but it turned out really ugly the only people that now how to do custom jobs over hear in cali are the gangsters and the guy that did the paint job was an old guy so yea he owed my dad money and thats why he did the paint job for him but it turned out really bad ill post some pics soon i might just make it one color naw
Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

Bag kits aren't all that expensive, the expensive part is the compresser, and electronic switches.

All you need to do just to bag the truck, C-Notch the rear of the frame, gut the front of the fenders, and you may have to trim up the inner fenders also... Change the Control Arms, 5-link or 4-link the rear end, and done deal. Just make sure the welds are done really well and that the frame is reinforced a little bit.

And yes, I did read the part of you saying you wish you could afford it.

Blade.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Bag kits aren't all that expensive, the expensive part is the compresser, and electronic switches.

All you need to do just to bag the truck, C-Notch the rear of the frame, gut the front of the fenders, and you may have to trim up the inner fenders also... Change the Control Arms, 5-link or 4-link the rear end, and done deal. Just make sure the welds are done really well and that the frame is reinforced a little bit.

And yes, I did read the part of you saying you wish you could afford it.

Blade.
Thats too much for a highschool student. Maybe when I am out of college. lol

Also the inner fenders are trimmed up quite a bit, since it use too have the 22's on them. lol

TEAM XI
Old 08-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Elite member

Well I installed a new thermostat this morning, since the old one was :gun5: & the truck over heated yesterday on my way back from the movies. So I finally said gotta install a new thermostat so $5 later its fixed. lol

TEAM XI
Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Elite member

Well one hour later & sour fingers & a dirty rag 99% of the tar is off of my truck. I still have a little bit on the hood & on top of the cab right above the windsheild and a tad bit on the rocker panels, but its all off of the fenders, doors, tailgate, front bumper & in the wheel wells & on the bed too.

Looks 100 times better. Also gave the truck a good bath & scrubbing so it looks alot nicer.

Also I'm looking into buying a phantom grille, or maybe a billet grille insert???? Any of you guys have some ideas on it.

TEAM XI
Old 08-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

I'm sorry, but the billet grill has nothing on the Phantom grill.

I would say get the Phantom Grill, and try to buy it in black chrome. That would offset the whole red and black bowtie you have already.

Tom.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Elite member

Well hopefully scheduling a apointment to get a new exhaust system to get put on either this week or next week.

Gonna run Dual 2 1/2" Straight Pipes from the Cat Converter back. One of my freinds just go this done to his chevy truck yesterday, sounds real nice & has a nice deep rumble & when you step into it . Its gonna be sweet.

TEAM XI
Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Banned

I smell noise violation, and having your truck taken off the road for inspection....

Why not drop the Cats also? Your 350 is Carburated right? Just knock off the cats, no need for them on a Carburated engine.

Tom.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

the truck be fuel injected I do believe. I don't know the official reason why but they seem to get better fuel economy with the cat on. The rumor is the engineering of the exhaust flow past the o2 sensor, so I have heard.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Elite member

Quote:
I smell noise violation, and having your truck taken off the road for inspection....

Why not drop the Cats also? Your 350 is Carburated right? Just knock off the cats, no need for them on a Carburated engine.

Tom.
Im not gonna drop the cats, my truck won't pass inspection then. Also my truck isn't carburated, its fuel injected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
the truck be fuel injected I do believe. I don't know the official reason why but they seem to get better fuel economy with the cat on. The rumor is the engineering of the exhaust flow past the o2 sensor, so I have heard.
It is, yea I was just gonna leave the cat on it so I can pass inspection.

TEAM XI
Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Banned

Yeah, the S10 doesn't have any of that... Reason being it is Carburated. Now it's my dad's go figure?

But seriously all in all read my rant about that price quote on your other thread on XMF, I don't feel like re-posting it lol.

Kind of feeling like your being cheated out of some money, cause that price is pretty high for just installing two pipes.

Tom.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Yeah, the S10 doesn't have any of that... Reason being it is Carburated. Now it's my dad's go figure?

But seriously all in all read my rant about that price quote on your other thread on XMF, I don't feel like re-posting it lol.

Kind of feeling like your being cheated out of some money, cause that price is pretty high for just installing two pipes.

Tom.
Actaully its three pipes. lol

And he has to put all new mounting brackets on since mine are rusty & falling apart & with the new pipes going in they won't fit the old brakets either.

A Y-pipe & to other pipes to the tips & thats not including the bending that needs to be done, although if you have a pipe bending machine its pretty easy. lol

But I need a exhaust system "now" & I don't have time to hunt around for another place & ordering the piping is a waste of time since I don't have a welder & a way to bend the pipes to the shape I need.

TEAM XI
Old 09-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Elite member

Well I scheduled an appointment for tuesday, gonna drop it off before school & then after school pick it up.

TEAM XI
Old 09-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

So.... If your going Y-Pipe from the two manifolds, if you are still running manifolds, then you are not running true dual exhaust..

By the way, you don't need a pipe bender, use a vise, a piece of rounded wood and leverage.

You don't need to weld the pipes together either, just gaskets and the proper mounting plates that are on the pipes. Well, you would have to tig those on, but overall it's not too hard.

So, with your truck seeing as it's has a Y-dump, does it truely have 2 Cats? Or a Single because of the Y...?

Tom.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

It's relatively inexpensive to just go ahead and find a shop to do all the work. I got full catback on my truck with no y pipe, 2 flowmaster 40 series 2ch mufflers, and dumps behind the axle for about $350. Considering it was warrantied, all the bends and welds were pretty and it sounds great, screw DIY if you don't work at a muffler shop already.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
It's relatively inexpensive to just go ahead and find a shop to do all the work. I got full catback on my truck with no y pipe, 2 flowmaster 40 series 2ch mufflers, and dumps behind the axle for about $350. Considering it was warrantied, all the bends and welds were pretty and it sounds great, screw DIY if you don't work at a muffler shop already.
So true about the shop thing.

TEAM XI