Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 10:40 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Keeping my car from spinning out?

stage two motor, awd shortest body config. 12-23 gear setup (not sure if this is for more torque or speed)

Problem is the car will spin out when it reaches speed. My surface is smooth so it may not help.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

When it reaches speed? Or when you pull out from a dead stop?

I blame the smooth surface and tires. xD
Old 08-24-2010, 10:49 AM
German RSX-Freak

is it steering to one direction or straight foward til it brakes out?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:55 AM

when it reaches its top speed. It may be from sudden steering etc. on carpet it doesnt do it.

I had doubled up tires earlier for a nice fat rear tire, so i assumed the backs where spinning faster therefore spinning out.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

What surface do you run on ? Hardwood floor and tiles were fine for me, even without AWD. I haven't heard of someone spinning out with AWD. What tires are you running ? Is there dust on the surface ?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to Osiris19

Try using treaded or hard tires and see what happens. I use stock tires and when I high speed on my kitchen hard wood floor, my car tends to spin when I try turning.
Wanted:
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
EVO Car front differential (for AWD)

PM if you're willing to sell
Old 08-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Hard tires would make the car spin more easily. Softer compounds are stickier, but don't last as long. Hard compounds last longer but provide less grip.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

My cars spin out, both AWD and RWD on my hardwood flooring when I was at my house playing with my xmods. I wanna go back home, I hate Northwest Territories... Opps, got distracted from missing stuff I enjoy...

What kind of cleaning do you do to your floor? If you sweep it, you don't actually pick up the dust or anything, use a swiffer and it should makes the surface clean. However, using the swiffer with wetpads have a cleaning compound in it and it actually makes the surface more slippery than dust on the surface.

Tom.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

My cars, w/ stock tires, do like an instant 180 and you can hear the tires rub. I think it's kinda cool. I usually slow down to turn though.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SuperFly1842 Send a message via MSN to SuperFly1842

for 5 bucks including shipping i just purchased 16 tires on ebay.
4 soft 4 hard 4 soft w/ tread and 4 hard w/ tread
when i get them on i will let you know how they are. i am going straight to the hard with tread. since I drive mostly on asphalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songha View Post
My cars, w/ stock tires, do like an instant 180 and you can hear the tires rub. I think it's kinda cool. I usually slow down to turn though.
the spoiler on your car in your signature picture looks beat to hell, what did you do to it!?!?

Last edited by DRFTKO; 09-01-2010 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 10-05-2010, 09:56 AM

i have the same problem im running awd with a slhitto chassie, sealed bearings, 2 s2 liths wired in a serious and there attached low to the ground for a low cog, it has a custom wound 45 turn motor with neo mags and 12 23 gearing, and 2 by 10 stacked fets dont ask about the fets got them as a gift had 2 by 5 on two cars then the board heated up and melted so i stacked them on a this board, and it also has a v2.2 board, and two soft compound tires in the back and one in the front my car just spinns on my cement drive way it does two 360s then flips overand it tracks straight it just does this when im goin in a straight line

sorry no camara so no pics
and it is real i just get bored easily
Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Well it really depends on your driving style, usually for novices, they dont let off the throttle too much when they turn. But for the most part running a short chassis setting, torque gearing, and rwd spinning out is almost destined to happen. ( you are running speed gears). The thing I would recommend is treaded tires, if it doesnt help the issue that much then go for soft tires, it might cause your car to flip due to more grip and the treads will also wear out faster. You could also position the batteries in the Rear position to add more weight to the rear. Also clean your tires, over time dust can stack up all over your tires and cause them to slip. Another factor could be your diff, is it properly working? if it is too tight it could be causing the spin outs too.

and to the person above^ (stangcannon) are your running awd? what kind of person runs LiPo and NOT awd? and what is the purpose of running a 2x10 stack with a v2.2???? I honestly think you are lying and since you are probably "bored" you went off and named every "mod" to impress us, first off your xmod would glitch like crazy or maybe you are just a hardcore novice to xmods, and I have all the reason to beleive that given from your post.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 AM

the liths would frie the motor with out v2.2 and 2 by 10 stacked fets and it all wheel drive and this things fast one s2 lith is on the slithoe and one is set over the back wheels it burns through tirs like nothin and ive already gone through twoo motors and two boards and the sterring dosent glitch that bad al u have to do is get resistors equal to the extra voltage you added to bring it backto the 3volts the sterring can handel
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

You do know the purpose of a v2.2 right? Everything you've posted contradicts itself. The v2.2 regulates power going to the main board. Therefore resistors are not needed to bring the voltage down going to steering. And since the v2.2 is also what the motor hooks to a 2x10 fet stack plays not part in how the motor acts since the power going to the motor is regulated by the v2.2 NOT the xmod board.
If your going to try and post CRAP make sure its halfway believeable.
And the camera thing, don't you have a brother that's into xmods as well. Funny thing is he posts pics.
But hey, I have a 100 mph tmaxx, but can't post the vid cus my cameras video function is broke.........
See what I'm saying? One thing you should learn on the internet is don't make claims you can't back up with vids or pics.
Thanks
Chuck, XMS Admin

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526

Last edited by zippo855; 10-06-2010 at 02:08 PM..
Closed Thread