Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2010, 01:27 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)
Default SUBARU, new car thoughts...

so i am cruisin craigslist dreaming about a TOY and i end up here...maybe only a pipe-dream at the moment but i just threw the idea out to the wife and she isnt against it...so anyways there are 44 subies at this place...there is one that has me giddy...so here's my question for our resident subie experts, owners and mechanical wizards of all sorts...

do these cars look decent/legit
do the prices seem OK
can you guess the one i want...hint i like wingless
and there are a bunch of other cool cars on there for you car junkies...just in case anyone wants to buy a GT-R too

http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/

so anyways...thoughts, comments and ideas welcome

Team X.I.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

is it this one??? http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...d-4457167.html
my heart, mind and eyes all tell me I want it..I mean umm that you want it....

Other thoughts, YEAH! go subaru! and 15 grand for a subbie with only 56k miles on it looks kinda iffy to me.

Last edited by dreamingISdrifting; 04-25-2010 at 03:22 AM..
Old 04-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

wasn't SPR from Oregon? lol...think about it, man!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

They are incredible cars but i would not buy one second hand that has been altered cause typiclay its altered cause they wanted to go faster. Make sure you know everysingle thing about the car. The subarus will go way past 300,000 and you will never notice a difference in performance ever. They are really well built cars and can take a beating.

Check out Dirtyimpreza.com for help
And nasioc.com but nasioc is full of ***s that dont like to help unless your Hellaflush haha but dirtyimpreza is the best forum in my opinion youll get alll questions answered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 04-25-2010, 12:17 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...d-5301513.html

If it's that one, I would stay away. Several reasons for this:

Reason 1
Quote:
Vehicle Overview
This vehicle comes with an Oregon Reconstructed title.

We purchased this vehicle from an insurance company with a bad engine. We had the engine replaced and at the present time, the vehicle is in great condition
If the engine has had to be replaced, there is a huge likelihood that the rest of the drive train (clutch, transmission, etc.) has been abused and may cause you some rather expensive problems down the road.

Reason 2
The car has been modified quite extensively, which leads me to believe that the previous owner drove the snot out of the car (evidenced by the replacement of the engine). The price seems pretty good up front, but there's no way I would buy a modified Subaru WRX, nevermind an STi. People buy those cars to drive them, which will decrease reliability and sustainability (maintenance and repairs get expensive, ask me how I know).

Reason 3
There is no known maintenance records, which means you can't tell how well the car has been taken care of. Service records are one the deal breakers for me when I'm looking for a new car. If I can't see them, I won't buy your car. There's also no warranty on the purchase, which says to me that the dealership wants nothing more to do with the car once it's off their lot. That's bad news, even if the car is used.

Reason 4
Those wheels are stupid looking.

If you have any more questions or are looking for more information, check out http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/ or http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf/index.php

WSC is a Canadian site, but one of the best and most helpful Subaru communities I've come across (and is also local for me!). I have the same user name there as I do here.

Best advice: Buy a car you are comfortable with. Don't buy a car that has been modified (there are ways to tell), make sure the car comes with some sort of accident and vehicle history, and maintenance records.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

My thoughts are that if you've going to pay over $10K for a vehicle, it should be brand new or a restored classic that you know is going appreciate. As EDJ put it, the guy probably ran this car like hell, compromising the suspension, clutch, tranny, output shafts, etc. If you want it for a project car, that's too much to dish out up front for a project and if you want it for a daily driver, I wouldn't trust it to be reliable enough to justify the price. Not sure what you're looking for, but I'd dump about 3K on a Talon Tsi and spend the rest on building it and wtfpwn an STI.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

I think your fancying this ride right here, but it's not wingless.

http://www.silverlineautomotive.com/...d-5371546.html

If the deal is too good to be true, walk away.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Buy a CRX, OH WAIT YOU CAN'T BWAHAHAHHAH.

-looks out his window at Floydfan's dream car-

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 04-25-2010, 06:44 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

thanks for everyone's advice...alot to take into consideration...subie is more my dream car...CRX was from high school...and i checked out craigslist in Ptown...a little more to choose from TEX...i think i found one for 3 or 400...so ??? time will tell LOL

Team X.I.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

****! That's a grip of Subies! Wished they had a shop like that at where I live! lol Subaru's are great cars. Just look for one that's not heavily modified. Besides that, they are very reliable cars. My grandfather had a Brat that went way over 300,000 miles. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

oh man, that is one sweet sti and in black too. I to have come to the crossroad of buying a used sti, or wait out to afford a new one..... and seen many modified ones that look great..but if i would buy one it would have to be stock and untouch by anyone....a lot can go wrong with any car , and a lot more with a modified one...its too easy to ruin an sti, the turbo could be bad from someone running it too hard....awd drive from idiots running different size wheels in the front on a awd car, the tranny...if it was me i would only buy stock or new, no matter how nice it looks.