Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Drifting Pro

Trader Rating: (0)
Default correct me if i'm wrong..

As I have studied before with my 06 stang, my cousins audi, and my friends civic, are all the cars, basically, the same when stock? I mean, why would the xmods people make cars of different greatness? This ones fast this one isn't, its all i hear, but I just want to know.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

There a quite a few differences. The Whole Evolution and Street line of cars are faster ( come with a higher RPM motor) than the Generation 1. The Evolutions also have better turning than the Generation 1, but the 1st Generation had little wheel wobble, while the Evo's had plenty. The wheel wobble was fixed in the Transformers Camaro and Bumblebee, but then there was a recall on them because the motor cradle was weak. Now, we got these weak Street Lines, with no swappable crystal and no bodykit 1 piece bodies.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkwitz View Post
As I have studied before with my 06 stang, my cousins audi, and my friends civic, are all the cars, basically, the same when stock? I mean, why would the xmods people make cars of different greatness? This ones fast this one isn't, its all i hear, but I just want to know.
Yes, the chassis are the same. (In each generation, street, evo, gen1) The only differences are the bodies and the spacers added to the chassis to fit the different bodies. Originally, the whole selling point to Xmods was the ability to modify them easily, which kinda started this whole, "Lets make my Xmod better than everyone elses" sorta thing. And its kinda obvious why they would make different bodies from different vehicle classes, Mini-Z does the same thing.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Drifting Pro

well i had meant between two evos that are the same gen. or two trucks the same gen, or two gen 1s. Like the Audi R8 vs Nissan GTR. would they be the same?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
There a quite a few differences. The Whole Evolution and Street line of cars are faster ( come with a higher RPM motor) than the Generation 1. The Evolutions also have better turning than the Generation 1, but the 1st Generation had little wheel wobble, while the Evo's had plenty. The wheel wobble was fixed in the Transformers Camaro and Bumblebee, but then there was a recall on them because the motor cradle was weak. Now, we got these weak Street Lines, with no swappable crystal and no bodykit 1 piece bodies.
uhhhh hate you burst your buble but they all came stock with 26thousand rpm motors, gearing might have been different maybe, but not the motor rpm
Old 08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

^^^ hate to burst your bubble but the 2 rs motors are 27k and 30k motors. whered 26 come from?

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkwitz View Post
well i had meant between two evos that are the same gen. or two trucks the same gen, or two gen 1s. Like the Audi R8 vs Nissan GTR. would they be the same?
There should be no noticeable difference from one model to the next (Audi R8 to Nissan GTR for example) as long as you stay within the same generation. Every XMODS within a generation should be electronically and mechanically the same. The only difference between one model to the next in a given generation is body style, and also chassis length, to accommodate variances in body length from one model to the next.

There are likely exceptions to this rule, but the differences are hardly noteworthy. I don't know much about the EVO generation but I do believe there was an early version, and a later version of the electronics (total two different versions). The color of the two electronic boards was different (early version green, late version blue), but beyond that I don't know if there were any differences.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
XMS Admin

adding to ^^^
stock to stock, i havent noticed any top speed differences, there iis slightlly better acceleration between models though. the chassis with bodies vary slightly in weight as different cars have more / less plastic. and depending on body depends on if the chassis is longer or shorter. so the ones without the cchassis spacer are going to weigh less than the ones with. unsure on th 2 new ones but the gtr takes a spacer, the black mustang doesnt.
basically if your going to be running on tracks, and racing people, you may want to take weight into consideration. if not, get whatever one fancies your eye.

TEAM X.I.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo855 View Post
^^^ hate to burst your bubble but the 2 rs motors are 27k and 30k motors. whered 26 come from?
sorry typo haha typing quickly isnts always the best idea when tired as hell
Old 08-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Drifting Pro

im getting a gtr, and my track is pretty tight, with few straights. did i pick correctly? I heard a lot of people pick the gtr as a drifter...
Old 08-10-2009, 09:04 PM
XMS Admin

the gtr is a longer car, so it will be a little heavier. but its not necessarily a bad choice. you will just have to practice driving and get to know your car. then you can mod from there to get the car the way you want it. you may find that you like the longer wheel base vs a shorter one. its all personal preference.
what i prefer is most likely different than what you prefer on setups and cars. take the car out for a little bit, tweak if needed, then make your decision on if you chose the right car or not.

TEAM X.I.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Advance member

Having been into Xmods since 2004, I can possibly shed some light here. The Evo electronics boards are more efficient and allow for improved power to the motors vs an older Gen 1.

Here's the difference one may hear between the Evo/Street cars:

Take the bodies off and adjust the chassis to same lengths and you'll run the same. There'll won't be a car accelerate or handle (much) differently.

Put the different weighted bodies on and adjust body lengths appropriately and there's your difference.

These cars are so small, the least amount of weight change or length of chassis will effect handling. You'll notice with the mini-z crowd, there are particular bodies they use in races and some that are only presented as shelf queens for display.

Each body has a unique balance point that can help or hurt handling. Of course chassis length factors into that balance point as well.

Thats why I prefer the Gen 1 Acura RSX over many other bodies. It has an appropriate chassis length and makes for a well balanced Xmod race car.

One shouldn't have Evo/Street cars running different speeds on a dyno.

+ Nissan GT-R
+ Audi R8