Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid
Default July 2009 COTM; Entry Thread.....Cash Prize!

Please remember to read all of the following rules before entering, voting and replying to COTM threads. All rules will be strictly enforced by all Xmodsource Staff members and anything not pertaining to the rules will be removed, voided or disqualified.
All offenses have the high possibility of infraction points.

Quote:
Rules for Entering the June & July COTM:
Your Entry:
1. Your entry must be a fully functioning Xmods RC car at the time of submission.
1a. You may not enter for friends.
1b. You may not enter something that does not fully work.
1c. You may not enter something that is not in your possession throughout the entire month.
1d. You may use aftermarket or custom built parts as long as your entry is still recognizable as an Xmod.
2. Your entry must be submitted to the Entry Thread by July 31th, 2009 at 9:00PM EST. Any submissions made after that date and time will NOT be allowed into the Competition. A substantial prize is up for grabs, so do not procrastinate. Make your submission post once you comply to all COTM rules.
3. This COTM’s theme is Independence Day. Your submission must meet the following rules and guidelines:
1. Your body must be custom in some way: paint, body modifications, lights, etc.
2. Your body must symbolize American Independence. Examples would be: flags, red-white and blue, eagles, something that symbolizes the American freedom.
3. As always, you are limited to one entry per member. Pick your best.
Your Submission Post:
1. Your submission post must have the following:

Pictures Rules and Guidelines:
Rule 1. A minimum of four pictures is required.
Rule 2. A maximum of seven pictures is allowed.
Rule 3. Embedded videos do not count as pictures, but only two videos are allowed to be embedded. Videos are NOT required.
Rule 4. These pictures must show that the Xmod is fully functional; it can turn, it can go forward and backward and it will not blow up when you turn it on.
Rule 5. One of the allowed seven pictures must be that of your chassis. The chassis picture must be the chassis used with your entrant body.
5a. One of the allowed seven pictures must be that of your body. The body picture must be the body used with your entrant chassis/elecs.
5b.One of the allowed seven pictures must be that of your electronics including motor. The electronics picture must be the electronics used with your entrant body/chassis.
Guideline 1. We please ask that all pictures are of your entry only and clearly show what you are trying to enter. Please remember that all voting is done by and judged by PICTURE. Show crappy pictures and you’ll get crappy voting results. Try your hardest to make clear and easy to view pictures.
Rule & Guideline. Pictures must be forum legal. Nothing over 800px wide and you must put a break between pictures.

Submission Post Rules and Guidelines:
Rule 1. Your submission must be made by July 31, 2009 at 9:00PM EST time. Anything later than that is not accepted under any circumstances.
Rule 2. A list of all upgrades, modifications and everything else must be supplied with your entry.
Guideline 1. We please ask that everything is done properly in the first place. The Staff will not hound you for a correct entry post; if it is not correct by the time it needs to be (July 31th at 9:00PM EST) your entry is instantly disqualified with no question.
Participation Rules:
1. You must be a member of Xmodsource since May 1, 2009 in order to enter.
2. All of the above rules must be followed!
3. You must have fun.
Quote:
Rules for Voting in the June & July COTM:
Well, let us break the ice now… You may not be voting! Voting for this month will be done by a special panel of two judges per entry (maximum of twenty judges) and the judges will be asked to follow the following criteria while voting:

1. Patriotism
2. Chassis
3. Body
4. Electronics
5. Overall Appeal

The voting process will be broken up as follows:
First, a new section has been created specifically for the voting process. Only members on the voting panel will be able to view this section. In this section five threads will be created—one for each of the voting criteria. The designated image for that criteria thread (chassis image with chassis poll, body image with body poll) will be in the first post for each entering member.

Second, the voting members will finalize who they think has the best for said criteria and will cast their vote in the poll.

Lastly, all of each member’s votes will be tallied, added up and finalized by the Xmodsource Staff. The entering member with the most votes will be declared the winner of the COTM and will be announce publicly and the prize will be awarded to said member.

Any questions may be asked in the existing thread about this topic or in the July COTM discussion thread:
July Competition, wanna be a judge??
Quote:
Prizes:
And for what everyone has been waiting for, the explanation of the prizes:

First Place:
The first place winner will receive a $100.00 USD PayPal transfer.
Second Place:
The second place winner will receive a $50.00 USD PayPal transfer.

So, you do not have to win to receive a prize, you just need to lose the least! Good luck!

**Due to a lack of initial participation, it has been unanimously decided that in order for the prizes to be valid, there must be a minimum of ten entries. Any less and the prizes will be used towards another competition where hopefully there will be more participation.
These entries must be 100% rule abiding and not just fillers.
Thank you.
Staff Notes:
Please remember that this is a forum privilege, not a forum requirement. If you are incapable of playing nicely and fairly, your Car of the Month rights will be revoked for an unknown amount of time; if not infinitely. Your rights include: the ability to enter, the ability to vote and the ability to view the Competition section of the forum. By being rude and inconsiderate of other’s entries, voting choices and feelings, you are harming them and their chances of winning, as well as their opinion about you and this forum. This is highly frowned upon and will NOT be tolerated under any circumstances.

Good luck to all entrants. We hope to see a wonderful turn out this month. Please bear in mind that this thread was announced to the whole forum on June 8, 2009 and you have until July 31, 2009 to make your submission post. That is over fourty days (40 days!) to get everything squared away and entered. Plenty of time; so we expect a LARGE turnout!

Again, good luck!

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Last edited by Donziikid; 06-22-2009 at 10:36 PM..
Old 06-19-2009, 10:50 PM
XMS Administrator

Ten days later and not a single entrant...

All discussion must be kept in the discussion thread, please.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 07-01-2009, 09:05 PM
XMS Administrator

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

Participation Rules:
1. You must be a member of Xmodsource since May 1, 2009 in order to enter.
2. All of the above rules must be followed!
3. You must have fun.

you have a hard time reading rules, and this is the entry thread.....

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
XMS Administrator

Only ten days to go and not a single entrant...

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default Monster Patriot Hummer H2 XTruck

OK guess I'll go first then

My entry is an XMOD Hummer H2 body on a rather beaten up XTruck chassis converted to a monster truck, it features:
  • Custom SUT Body - the cutting wasn't my own work.
  • Custom ProPulse knobbly off road tires on extended axles.
  • Custom HPI 2CH AM Receiver.
  • Custom 9G Micro Servo for drive.
  • Custom 9G Micro Servo for steering.
  • Custom L arm connecting servo to steering arm.
  • Custom F-150 bed.
  • Custom aluminum motor mount.
  • Custom aluminum skid plate.
  • Front / rear bumpsteer modification.
  • Custom Stars and Stripes body wrap.
  • ProPulse antenna tube with custom bend.
  • 2WD with locked rear diff.

The chassis itself uses the stock XMOD battery tray, the stock XMOD ESC is gone, there is no speed controller, everything is controlled and powered though the HPI Receiver unit.

There are a few things I would like to explain about my entry:
  1. Firstly as some of you may know I'm not an American although I have lived in the US for almost 5 years now, so when the competition was announced I thought to myself what are the two things all American's like.... well the flag obviously and monster trucks.... so it was at that point I knew that my entry had to have a monster truck chassis with some sort of reference to the flay.
  2. Secondly I'm broke and have no cash whatsoever to buy anything new with, so almost this entire build was done from old, broken, scrap or free parts, the only pieces purchased where the body wrap decal and the servo motors so total cost for this bad boy was about $35.

Now before I get to the pictures I want to give a few shout outs to people who have had a hand in helping me finish this build:
  • Reaper - thanks for all the technical help and the RX.
  • Zippo855 - thanks for all the input and motivation.
  • BART - thanks for taking time to help me select decent photos.
  • Donziikid - thanks for taking time to help me select decent photos.
  • Bondo - thanks for the bumpsteer tutorial.
  • Surgeon - thanks for the wide axle tutorial.
  • I'd also to thank all those who took the time to comment on my build thread, this has been a long and tough project with very little motivation to complete it so if you commented you helped finish the truck

Finally some photos:

Monster XTruck Chassis:

Monster XTruck Body:

I tried doing something fancy with the wheels here but it didn't turn out how I expected so I gave up and now my wheels are slightly off color.

Monster XTruck Off Road:

The build thread is here:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17206

I'll add additional photos to it, I might also change the above as we still have a few days until the end of the competition.

Thanks and enjoy!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 08-03-2009 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Ride By Day Race By Night

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to bigez

ok this truck took longer than i thought it would but it is done

i just want to start off saying good luck to all

I present project S10Custom

MODS

Chassis

front to back

custom body mount
alloy shocks all around
super swampers all around
custom alloy wheels all around
flat cell lithum pack
hs55 sevro for steering
atomic pcb with a 3x3 fet stack
custom chassis extension
off road upgrade
ball bearings all around
custom 65t motor w/neo mags in bb case boke 2 sets of dogbones
custom polished heat sink

BODY
custom painted body
red white and flame decals
custom interir
custom motor in motor bay w/wires
and lots of other things i know that I am forgeting

know for the pics

and good luck to all i hope that there is more then b1g

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MAGNUSON RACING

Last edited by bigez; 07-30-2009 at 11:19 PM..
Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

The Kent International, "Cost of Freedom".

The chassis, reused from the Datrun

As some of you may know, I am a HUGE supporter of civil liberties, and feel they and the act of protesting is the most patriotic thing a person could do. Without checks and balances to regulate the government to the people, we would be no better than Nazi Germany. With this in mind, I am chosing the theme of the Kent State Shootings, or the Kent State Massacre. Those not familiar with this:

"The Kent State shootings, also known as the May 4 massacre or Kent State massacre,[2][3][4] occurred at Kent State University in the city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5]

Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. However, other students who were shot had merely been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[6][7]

There was a significant national response to the shootings: hundreds of universities, colleges, and high schools closed throughout the United States due to a student strike of eight million students, and the event further divided the country, at this already socially contentious time, along political lines."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_St...g-term_effects

Last edited by surgeon; 08-02-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Not a N00B

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to SkysTheLimit Send a message via MSN to SkysTheLimit

Hey guys,

Here is my July 2009 COTM Entry:
It's a very patriotic Chrylser 300C Xmod!

I'm going to break up my description into five categories to make it easy for the judges and also make for an easy and quick read.

1.) Patriotism
-Car selection
---There is not very much that represents America better than Chrysler's own 300. The 300 has a long past history and it also represents the revival of modern Chrysler's design and is clearly one of the best products that they currently offer.
-Flag design
---The flag design was applied to the hood, roof, and trunk as a continuously wavy American flag. There is a gradient on the side of the car that shows the colors of red, white and blue.

2.) Chassis
-Extension
---The chassis is custom extended to meet the requirements of the 300C's long wheelbase.
-Paint
---The chassis is finished in a matte black paint.
-Motor wire hidden
---The custom extension hides the motor wires.
-Custom 300C parts
---The chassis incorporates a modern Xmods Evolution chassis with interior pieces and engine pieces to make a more scale 300C.
-Scale large diameter wheels
---These very rare wheels have been adapted to fit both the Xmods chassis and the 300C's wide track. Offset is set for a lowrider slammed 300C.

3.) Body
-Paint
---The body has been painted with 8 different colors.
-----3 Tone Paint includes gloss black, silver, and gunmetal without the flag details.
-Details
---The body has custom tailpipes (titanium flamed tips), tinted tail lights and chrome headlights. The car is setup for CLL LED's but is not installed.
-Clear coat
---4 step clearcoat process to bring a shine rivaling Kyosho's last generation sought after gloss coat body clear. More than 5 coats of clear on the car before the process is begun.
-Lowering
---Body has been lowered for a great stance to match the cool chrome wheels.
-Interior Details
---Interior side panels and dash are mounted to the body itself.
-Exhaust system
---Chrysler 300C high flow exhaust system with custom ordered titanium tips

4.) Electronics
-Stage 2 Motor Upgrade
---Stage 2 Motor from Radioshack has been installed

5.) Overall appeal
-You decide this.

That being said, let's see some pictures!!

Interior- very hard to see

HEMI 5.7L V8

Chassis pic!

Good luck to all and thanks for your scoring! Cheers guys!
Thanks a lot,
Skys

STL-R v2.1

-More Xmods than most. BMW Enthusiast

Last edited by SkysTheLimit; 08-02-2009 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Revised pictures
Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 PM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire
Default 1953 Ford F100 Coca Cola delivery truck.

Body: custom stake bed made about 30 years ago but a freind off ebay.
Interior has a person, seats, dash board.
Chassis: Red GPM alloy front and rear shocks
Red alloy steering arm
Red alloy front and rear lower swing arms.
stage two motor
AWD
All bearings.
custom rims
Accessories: 14 Coca Cola bottle cases.
Coca Cola decals.

If any coments, please post on my project thread.

RA44 USGP 10th Anniversary Toyota Celica.

Last edited by spitfire; 07-31-2009 at 09:16 PM..
Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
DONE!!!!

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to blue504life

1940 Ford Woodie
built a while back

thanks
good luck to all

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 PM
XMS Administrator

The last 2 submissions were made after the official deadline and should have been disqualified, however, I dropped the ball. Earlier today the staff and I decided to extend the deadline until this sunday at 9:00 EST in the hopes of increased participation, I however had a busy day and forgot to post it, so entries will still be accepted until this sunday at 9:00 EST. Good luck to all.