Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
I reversed my infractions on him...pm me if his crap continues.
who? 2jz god?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 10-21-2007, 12:59 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMKIV View Post
who? 2jz god?
yea
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Proud Supra owner!

Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9RBART View Post
yea
is he stil banned
Quote:

Old 10-21-2007, 01:03 AM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
is he stil banned
I only banned him for 24 hours and I reversed the infraction points against him. I'm too nice I guess.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

there's so much drama on the forums now...
Old 10-21-2007, 01:14 AM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy View Post
there's so much drama on the forums now...
It's like kindergarten without the safety scissors and glue sticks. Everyone just need to be their selves and stop trying to impress everyone.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

yea...i just think its funny that they post this stuff in these forums then start babbling about performance and working on the engines...assuming everybody on the forum is a complete idiot and has no clue about real cars...just because we like playing with RC cars doesnt mean we dont fool with real ones too, IMO...ppl in here are more informative than the ones in my saturn forums
Old 10-21-2007, 01:46 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
IMO...ppl in here are more informative than the ones in my saturn forums
Because you have many different folks bottle in one area, as opposed to a single forum dedicated to a single line of cars. Ill tell you what, maybe 50-60% of the guys on my classic chevy truck forum couldnt tell you a thing about EFI, but can tell you how to rebuild and tune the hell out of a Rochester Quadrajet carb. Different 'factions' I guess you could say, different areas of specialization.

You have import fans, muscle fans, and general fans bottled in one section, sooner or later one of us calls BS pretty quick

NRE has some my favorite street machines, like this 2000 hp twin turbo Pontiac Temptest:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

3rd gear on this sucker, is geared for roughly a 160-180 mph red line, give or take. And it spins them like nothing else matters.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-21-2007 at 03:14 AM..
Old 10-21-2007, 09:55 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

well i'm no performance boost expert but from my knowledge I've never heard any thing about using low compression rings. However when running high boost you need to lower the compression ratio. This is done with different stroked connecting rods, different pistons, and a different head gasket thickness. I'm not sure what the exact combinations are that you need but I do know you lower the compression ratio, not the cylinder compression.

Now why you need to lower the ratio with high boost. Under full boost, when the super charger or turbo is fully spinning the compression ratio increases because you are cramming tons of air in to the the cylinders.

The way i see it with low compression rings the way I see it you would have, lower compression at idle, meaning low vacuum and poor driveability. Now add boost and all that crammed air will just go in the crank case, resulting in a dead hole.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 10-21-2007 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
well i'm no performance boost expert but from my knowledge I've never heard any thing about using low compression rings. However when running high boost you need to lower the compression ratio. This is done with different stroked connecting rods, different pistons, and a different head gasket thickness. I'm not sure what the exact combinations are that you need but I do know you lower the compression ratio, not the cylinder compression.
Jimmy, with that one paragraph, you hit the nail right on the head!

And if our buddy was so patriotic in defending his low compression pistons, why is it that he doesn't list it as one of this mods on the 6th page of his CarDomain?
Old 10-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

i just wanted him to google some low compression piston rings on the net and link em up...that was enough for me...lmfao
Old 10-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Here's a cool video, its old but its in Houston. The white 240 with the built KA now has a 2JZ swap and is running over 1000hp.

The Blue supra now has 700+ hp and the IS300 has over 700 hp too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tm3n-SLyGIM

Here's a more current vid of the 240. They swaped out the KA for a 2JZ. The guy's name is Duy and he owns both the 240 and the Blue Supra.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wKwdnllvB9Y

Here's another one of the 240 on an 1/8 mile strip. It's driven by Jason aka St00pid. He's the one that does all the tuning for Hondas...he's one of the best honda tuners in the Texas and probly the US. I'm sure if you read car mags you've seen his name in the credits on some of the feature Hondas that comes from Texas.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PMyC3569jZg

And here's a final one with some import and domestic racing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o56MTaUNu6k

They're all really good vids so check em out

Last edited by civic_guy; 10-21-2007 at 12:34 PM..
Old 10-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Quote:

Now why you need to lower the ratio with high boost. Under full boost, when the super charger or turbo is fully spinning the compression ratio increases because you are cramming tons of air in to the the cylinders.

The way i see it with low compression rings the way I see it you would have, lower compression at idle, meaning low vacuum and poor driveability. Now add boost and all that crammed air will just go in the crank case, resulting in a dead hole.

I AM NOT THE ONE WHO SAID THIS! 2JZGOD WANTED ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM!

tell him I said this low compression pistons will allow you to run A LOT of boost with a larger region for error, however super low compression motors are basically all or nothing- if you're not into the thick part of boost, you're motor is going to feel completely bottom less- this setup will be best if you just like to go fast in straight lines and don't care about sacrificing around town power for maximum power on boost
Quote:

Old 10-21-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:

tell him I said this low compression pistons will allow you to run A LOT of boost with a larger region for error, however super low compression motors are basically all or nothing- if you're not into the thick part of boost, you're motor is going to feel completely bottom less- this setup will be best if you just like to go fast in straight lines and don't care about sacrificing around town power for maximum power on boost
what is the point of you/him saying that? When you/him have been argueing about "low compression rings" The reason you lower the compression is not for power but ot keep the engine from coming apart!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:

I believe what 2JZ god meant to say was pistions not rings any ways he's right about low comp pistons if your going to do track tune to get full power, Med low compression for around town driving. I beleive according to 2JZ god myspace he's using Titan Low comp pistions 8.5:1 ratio with a 85MM Bore the engine he's building is SICK!!!.

Quote:
what is the point of you/him saying that? When you/him have been argueing about "low compression rings" The reason you lower the compression is not for power but ot keep the engine from coming apart!
bumping up your compression significantly and running a lot of boost can be tough, and means you'll have to have a **** good tune on the motor- but this will allow you to run less boost to reach the same power levels and will provide nice reliability off boost- this combination will be hardest to tune!!!!

Last edited by DRFTKO; 10-21-2007 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice View Post
I believe what 2JZ god meant to say was pistions not rings any ways he's right about low comp pistons if your going to do track tune to get full power, Med low compression for around town driving. I beleive according to 2JZ god myspace he's using Titan Low comp pistions 8.5:1 ratio with a 85MM Bore the engine he's building is SICK!!!.
I think we have some one with multiple personality on this site. Get off it man you suck, no one wants you here go away!

Quote:
bumping up your compression significantly and running a lot of boost can be tough, and means you'll have to have a **** good tune on the motor- but this will allow you to run less boost to reach the same power levels and will provide nice reliability off boost- this combination will be hardest to tune!!!!
shut up you don't ever raise the compression to boost an engine, you lower the compresson ratio to make the bottom end hold together.

Last edited by DRFTKO; 10-21-2007 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think we have some one with multiple personality on this site. Get off it man you suck, no one wants you here go away!
not to be a prick you need to do some research in turboing cars and stuff because seems like you don't know what your talking about.

Quote:
shut up you don't ever raise the compression to boost an engine, you lower the compresson ratio to make the bottom end hold together.
Now not to be rude it depends on what turbo your going to put into it and varries on the engine and how much boost it can takes.

Last edited by DRFTKO; 10-21-2007 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 10-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
not to be a prick you need to do some research in turboing cars and stuff because seems like you don't know what your talking about.
to late you are a prick, with multiple accounts!

since you know some much talk to me about spark knock?
Old 10-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
to late you are a prick, with multiple accounts!
Well your a dick with no brain!!!!
Old 10-21-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Well your a dick with no brain!!!!
thats common with us that have them.