Trader Rating: (0)

Only question is why blue drums man???

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 07-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

to match the giganitic Nine Inch Nails decal on my back glass, it also matches my hair and my tattoo...i can camouflage myself next to my drums.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I got nothin...

Oh ok. Guess I missed those

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 07-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Xmod Expert

i need to put put some recent pics, it's not on those.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
@meme
the trim packages now are the WT, LT, LTZ and LS

the LT was the next step up from my truck, costing an additional 6K. that 6K gets me chromed 17" rims, chrome front bumper/grille, and cloth seats. that's not worth 6K at all to me. i have vinyl seats and i'm glad because i get the inside of that truck ridiculously dirty lol. to step up to the LTZ package with the fog lights and stuff would have been about 9K more! it only costed me a couple of hundred to put the LTZ fog lights on it. i don't like the chrome front end, i rather it be flat black or color matched. generally, i think the more expensive package silverados just look ghetto.

@blade
the axle ratio is 3.22, but i'm swapping it out with 3.73 in the near future. it's got a 3spd/od auto, and it's staying TBI, there's really no point in going carbureted, especially considering the truck can barely function without the computer and it still has 60K miles left on the warranty. if anything, i'll stroke it up to a 6.0, build the hell out of the bottom end and spray it (ohhh, such a dirty word Tex SPRAY) i've already got an 89 blazer hotrod so i don't really need this one to be ridiculously fast, just dependable and clean looking =)
Ah ok. I may be 20, but I still love the Carb. over the TBI, and fuel injecting crap. I hate the new stuff, I cannot stand electronical items on an engine, if the lights work, the dash works, the interior items work. Then it's good. If the fuel injector craps out, I have to pull out a manual. I guess it's a choice of engine eh?

Well, good luck on the final outcome eh? Should be nice. I'll check out your Hotrod.

Blade.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Xmod Expert

new pics coming soon. since the last post, i've added a Volant CAI and a towing package.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Looks nice.

What's the Ratio on the Rear Axle? 4:11 etc.

What's the transmission in her? Is she automatic, standard?

Any plans on making her Carburated? It'll sure take away from all that BS from an TBI, or Fuel Injected system. (TBI for the people who know nothing about Vehicles, Throttle Body Injection.)

Good luck on the future outcome.

Blade.
LMFAO, they dropped TBI in the 90s. The LS's EFI is far, far, FAR more superior than any carburetor setup. Period. No arguments. You cannot get that power with that efficiency. No ifs ands or buts.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-18-2009, 06:47 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

carburetor guys are in the same category as hopeless romantics.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 PM
is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
LMFAO, they dropped TBI in the 90s. The LS's EFI is far, far, FAR more superior than any carburetor setup. Period. No arguments. You cannot get that power with that efficiency. No ifs ands or buts.
It takes a lot for me to say so since I am a carb guy but ya they are better I have a 500hp moter and I'm getting 8 to 10 mpg if it was fuel injected I be getting 20
Old 09-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
It takes a lot for me to say so since I am a carb guy but ya they are better I have a 500hp moter and I'm getting 8 to 10 mpg if it was fuel injected I be getting 20
The 505 HP LS7 is bigger than most any street small block, more HP and torque, and will return far better fuel mileage (27 mpg highway, no problem for this 7L motor) and is even much more streetable than most of your true 500hp small blocks. That's the magic of GM's modern engines. Carbs had their time, but modern EFI is better. I'm a carb guy as well in old cars, and when setup properly it will perform great. But it's not as flexible as EFI, and when a carb falls out of tune, things go down hill fast.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Yes, I do know that. Yet you do not know what vehicle I am driving. The vehicle had TBI, and it was crap. I know how Carbs. work, and I love them to death. So really, to object the fact that you had no knowledge of who I am, or what I drive, or what engine is in my vehicle, you can't really say that. I was not pointing TBI to Suicide's engine either, I had said "or fuel-injected" in there also, and Yes, I did say TBI in it also, but TBI is still an Electric Fuel Inject. I still use the term because it is quite simple to remember. It's not how the fuel is injected into the engine that gives it a good fuel mileage either, it is how well your crankshaft is turning, your camshaft is rolling, how much sludge is in your valves, how well the engine is maintained, how much tread is on your tires, how is your fuel being treated into the engine, i.e. too lean, or too rich, O2 sensors in the exhaust system. There is a whole lot to fuel mileage, and saying "I get 30 mpg" really now? Is that Highway or City? Most of the time it is Highway. (Not pointed towards you Texan.)

If you really want a fuel mileage car, go buy an electric car. Low End torque is amazing, way faster then ANY pump gas vehicle.

Blade.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Yes, I do know that. Yet you do not know what vehicle I am driving. The vehicle had TBI, and it was crap. I know how Carbs. work, and I love them to death. So really, to object the fact that you had no knowledge of who I am, or what I drive, or what engine is in my vehicle, you can't really say that. I was not pointing TBI to Suicide's engine either, I had said "or fuel-injected" in there also, and Yes, I did say TBI in it also, but TBI is still an Electric Fuel Inject. I still use the term because it is quite simple to remember. It's not how the fuel is injected into the engine that gives it a good fuel mileage either, it is how well your crankshaft is turning, your camshaft is rolling, how much sludge is in your valves, how well the engine is maintained, how much tread is on your tires, how is your fuel being treated into the engine, i.e. too lean, or too rich, O2 sensors in the exhaust system. There is a whole lot to fuel mileage, and saying "I get 30 mpg" really now? Is that Highway or City? Most of the time it is Highway. (Not pointed towards you Texan.)

If you really want a fuel mileage car, go buy an electric car. Low End torque is amazing, way faster then ANY pump gas vehicle.

Blade.

I don't care who you are or what you drive. It matters not when fact is fact. And you really don't know me either, so let me elaborate on why EFI > Carburetion.

TBI is a poor EFI setup because it was based around a carb design. And TBI is not a universal term for EFI, it is a form of EFI. TBI, TPI, DI, CPI, MPFI, all very different systems.

And there is a HUGE difference in fuel distribution and efficiency moving from a single set of injectors(TBI)/carb at the top of an intake, VS the moderns setup of an injector-per-cylinder. Yes, MPG is vastly effected by that, along with performance and general engine efficiency. Not to mention only shooting fuel when the cylinder is on it's intake stroke, not just spraying fuel in one area and it being sucked down unequal length runners. That creates unequal fuel ratios to different cylinders. This is why TBI and carbs are not efficient VS. today's modern setups. Not to mention MPG is also directly affected by tuning, something a carburetor cannot account for. A carb cannot adjust fuel ratios for altitude, fuel quality, temperature, air density on it's own. It can't respond as fast to changes in demand as the lightning fast EFI setups we have now.

"It's not how the fuel is injected into the engine that gives it a good fuel mileage either", that is the most ignorant statement I've heard in so long. Of course how fuel is injected into an engine effects fuel economy.

MPG is a result of engine efficiency, how efficiently are you burning fuel. A carburetted motor is inefficient, period. I drive a '69 CST10 with 350 carburetted cubic inches. It may make 300 HP, but it still can't manage 12 mpg around town, even in near perfect tune. And freeway cruising? Don't kid me.

Swapping a modern EFI motor into these trucks rases a forum-board wide carburreted MPG of about 10-12 in these trucks, to 15-17 mpg give or take. A 50% increase. Oh, and while making more horse power too.

"So really, to object the fact that you had no knowledge of who I am, or what I drive, or what engine is in my vehicle"
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...o/89480007.jpg

I know all about carburetors. It's fine and awesome in a old car for that old car feel. My carburetor is tuned **** near perfect and it will still stumble from time to time.When you talk about raw performance, reliability, and efficiency, EFI wins hands down. Are you going to tell me next that points were better than HEI?

Last edited by Donziikid; 09-18-2009 at 11:15 PM..
Old 09-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Banned

Honestly dude, I don't need a lecture on how an engine works. I'm a auto mechanic for christs sake. You are quite right. Yet, planes(some) have carbs. yet they go to high altitudes. I had to teach a class on this when I was at the Comox Airforce Base here in British Columbia. Planes use electric systems to re-tune the Carbs. Yes, it is Carburated. No, it is not electronic fuel injection. That is all, no point in attempting to flame over this. It's pointless, and I am putting my foot down.

Blade.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Honestly dude, I don't need a lecture on how an engine works. I'm a auto mechanic for christs sake. You are quite right. Yet, planes(some) have carbs. yet they go to high altitudes. I had to teach a class on this when I was at the Comox Airforce Base here in British Columbia. Planes use electric systems to re-tune the Carbs. Yes, it is Carburated. No, it is not electronic fuel injection. That is all, no point in attempting to flame over this. It's pointless, and I am putting my foot down.

Blade.
Marine and aircraft motors don't have to deal with the same conditions as a car. They for the most part, sit at a set RPM range for a good period of time... And not to mention in both cases they are being phased out to EFI. But hey, those planes use that electric BS that you hated above. Shewt.

But with comments like this:
"It's not how the fuel is injected into the engine that gives it a good fuel mileage either" and trying to justify taking out the LS motor's EFI for some wastful carb setup, I question your sanity a bit. Hey, lets put in an inferior fuel system that robs cylinders of an equal fuel air mixture that just mindlessly pour fuel into the motor! Yay! Never mind that the world has moved on and obviously has superior technologies.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-19-2009 at 01:22 AM..
Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 AM
is awesome

I'm with tex hands down and that a lot for me to seeing in the past we have not seen eye to eye shoot I run a 327 that's carbed and the only reason I'm not running fuel injection is because its all I really know. I do know that fuel injection hands down is better for the automotive industry other wise the majority of car that do use it now wouldn't if it wasn't better
Old 09-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

You know, let's just look at it like this.

Both setups are amazing, carbs have been around for forever and people know how to make some SERIOUS power with them, fuel injection has been around for some time now and people are really getting to where they can do impressive stuff with it, as well as making some big power.

It matters what you want, carb'd offers raw, hardcore on demand horsepower. Fuel injection is going to give you crisp, smooth clean feeling horsepower.

Personally, I like raw horsepower.. but I have contemplated hard on going EFI on my Camaro when the time comes.. if I don't just put in an LS series engine.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ct=3629&cat=16

Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Xmod Expert

anyways, out of boredom, I started fooling around with the Silverado again. after recovering from the recent overdose of diesel, i decided to start doing a few small things to make it a more fun daily driver. first, i added a receiver hitch/towing package, then i started adding a few black decals to tie in the rims/front end to the paint, it looks better than what it sounds (@texan) i've added some blue lighting to the grille and plan on adding blue lights to the fenderwells and underbody as well as white strobes to the fogs and reverse lights. pics up soon.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Xmod Expert

Update...
New mods include: smoked LED tails, smoked LED 3rd brake light, '10 painted grille, painted bumper, black billet inserts for lower valence and grille, black billet bowties, painted mirror caps, shaved emblems, and plastidipped the rear bumper (i'll get pics of that tomorrow) I got rid of the decals, the ricer lights, the blue brakes...brakes are flat black now.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:25 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Honey...that kid across the street is playin with his trucks in the yard again!...LMFAO

i like the cleaner touches to the rig...maybe take off that sticker and clean up the back window...rear bumper pics looked good on FB as well

Team X.I.