Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-18-2009, 11:17 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

If you are going to reply, reply kindly. I've already removed a STFU and a little name-calling, so everyone cool it.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

nvm

Last edited by Michael Long; 09-26-2009 at 09:30 PM..
Old 09-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post

Geez, my truck runs like crap on walmart's regular gas. Must be a problem with the engine, I think I'll rebuild it. Maybe sell it, I dunno what the problem could be. It used to run so good before I put regular gas in it....

See the fallacy?
just run a tank of premium and put some chevrons techron in it, that does wonders on our 94 evinrude... jus my 2 cents

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 09-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I'm sorry, but your dad [shouldn't be] ignoring all the stickers that say "Premium Only". It requires it for the sake of efficiency, performance, and engine life. So you save maybe a few bucks at the pump, but you get less on a tank for what you just bought. Not to mention your car ran poorly, and you also have the chance of ruining a motor that needs the higher octane gas due to it's compression ratios. And then you send the car to the repair shops, waste money doing nothing because again, you didn't put the right type of gas into it, and then you sell the car because it runs poorly on the gas he decided to put in it.

If the sticker says "PREMIUM ONLY" it does not mean "HEY PUT REGULAR IN HERE ITS HOKAY". Simple instructions lad.

Geez, my truck runs like crap on walmart's regular gas. Must be a problem with the engine, I think I'll rebuild it. Maybe sell it, I dunno what the problem could be. It used to run so good before I put regular gas in it....

See the fallacy?
It didn't say "PREMIUM ONLY", it said "Premium Recommended for highest performance". Unlike my friend's Mercedes which says "PREMIUM ONLY". It seemed alright though. You don't know at all the tough time my dad was in so don't call him an idiot. He drove around 120 miles per day, 30K miles per year. About 10 refuels per month.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Long View Post
It didn't say "PREMIUM ONLY", it said "Premium Recommended for highest performance". Unlike my friend's Mercedes which says "PREMIUM ONLY". It seemed alright though. You don't know at all the tough time my dad was in so don't call him an idiot. He drove around 120 miles per day, 30K miles per year. About 10 refuels per month.
then why would he buy a car that is built for premium? honestly does not seem like the smartest idea, in no way do am i trying to offend you, but i think it would have been wiser to get a more fuel efficient car thats is rated for regular gas

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 09-18-2009, 11:59 PM
XMS Administrator

To get Tex's back, yet again, my Maxima said "premium recommended". I tried it both ways and on regular i averaged 24 to 25 MPG with terrible performance, on premium I averaged 28 to 29 MPG. Didnt take long to figure out what gas to run. My current car is premium only and I average 31 to 33 mpg, no desire to go against the manufacturers recommendations.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Long View Post
He drove around 120 miles per day, 30K miles per year. About 10 refuels per month.
May I ask how filling up your gas tank makes you knowledgeable in fuel quality and it's effect on vehicle performance and efficiency? I mean, I fill my gas tank pretty much every day, this must mean I'm a supermagicalgenius at it.

Or I made the connection that my vehicle's poor performance was obviously linked to the fuel I used and didn't go waste money on mechanical work or sell it because I was too cheap or too dumb to put in the recommended fuel. It's not even rocket surgery, it's doing what you were told to do by the manufacturer. VW didn't say that for chits and giggles. Your car performed less than expected because you ignored the warning.

I put cheap gas in my tank, my truck runs slower and gets pathetic mileage. I put good gas in my truck, and it runs great and gets slightly less pathetic mileage.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 09-19-2009 at 12:11 AM..
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Any car with boost should have premium to avoid spark knock. Its cheaper then burnt valves and holes in pistons.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

::facepalms::

Something like the 'check engine' light should not be taken lightly, like mentioned before it could be a few reasons why it's goin on, ignoring it for too long can have expensive repercussions, sometimes its a simple easy fix or a expensive one, but the diagnostic will typically determine the issue. I have people come with their cars to my shop with the check engine light coming on thinking they require maint. and we turn them away explaining that they need a scan and something like a simple oil change won't solve the issue.

As for your father ignoring the stickers and then complains or wonders why the vehicle is running cruddy. . . well there's the answer. Sure premium gas is expensive, sure the synthetic oil is more expensive but if it is a requirement then it is a REQUIREMENT!

I have a peeve with people who buy these higher performing cars and cheapen out on things like the maintenance or choose to go with the cheaper gas. I'm sorry but as my co-worker says 'You gotta pay to play'

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger