Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
is awesome

Trader Rating: (5)

ya I know im kind of just looking at anything i need a ride to school to be honest lol
Old 11-10-2009, 01:23 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Civic. cheap. ricer. Win, or roll like sweed. CRX.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:25 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

School?

School... Bus...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 11-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Up here, the school bus is for the special ed's, mentally challenged, or disabled. What about you? Im sure you can hitch a ride on duh skewl bus.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:38 PM
is awesome

I am no longer aloud on the school bus I got kick of for good in 7th grade. But anyways I found a talon for 1000 I'm thinking about buying it.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

I'm an expert on these cars. If you have any questions or need to know what to look for let me know. I've owned talons/eclipse exclusively for 9 years now.

Also, www.dsmtuners.com is a good resource, they even have a classified for used vehicles.

Maybe you can even get one like mine! Its AWD turbo and I've done a ton of upgrades.

Last edited by Action B; 11-10-2009 at 06:49 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
newbie mustang xmodder

Trader Rating: (0)

get a mustang! my 98 gt has 159k miles, but its running like new.. miles are nothing, it all depends on what kind of miles..

hard miles or easy miles?
Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 PM
is awesome

Old thread why are bumping it? Also id never buy a ford read my project thread I decided to fix the camaro up and just not drive. Also my friend is getting another dodge stealth

Last edited by 2jack3jack; 12-21-2009 at 06:31 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Why would you never buy a Ford? Is there something wrong with them?

I'd take a Mustang GT over a Talon, easier to work on, don't have to worry about figuring out which years to buy so you don't have to deal with crank walk. And it's RWD, much more fun.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Why would you never buy a Ford? Is there something wrong with them?

I'd take a Mustang GT over a Talon, easier to work on, don't have to worry about figuring out which years to buy so you don't have to deal with crank walk. And it's RWD, much more fun.
And finding parts for them would be easier. As I don't think as many Talons sold then Mustangs.

Each to their own cup of tea.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
And finding parts for them would be easier. As I don't think as many Talons sold then Mustangs.

Talon = Eclipes = Laser = Daytona? (dodge had a version)

Mitsubishi was a bit of a whore in the early 90s.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Elite member

just get a subie ;P
Old 12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Talon = Eclipes = Laser = Daytona? (dodge had a version)

Mitsubishi was a bit of a whore in the early 90s.
Eh.. crap. Forgot about all those other varients out there. Thanks for making me think on winter break
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
is awesome

Ok my bad I love the 5.0 I drove one for about a week dad sold it tho

Last edited by 2jack3jack; 12-21-2009 at 10:38 PM..
Old 12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Crankwalk is way blown out of proportion. Some people think every car gets it. That's what you get when people who don't really know about the cars spread misinformation. It happens to a low proportion. The most prone are supposed to be the 7 bolt, 2g turbo cars and the highest ration being the 95-96 Turbo cars.

I have a 1996 Eagle Talon Turbo AWD. I knew about crankwalk when I bought my car and it didn't stop me. My car has 175,000 miles on the original engine, never rebuilt. Its a very reliable car and certainly does not have crankwalk. I run 20 psi on it daily as well. Any car can get crankwalk, well except for mazda rx-7/rx-8 lol.

Of course if you get a non turbo eclipse/talon these cars are not known for having a problem with crankwalk more than any other car on the road.

1990-1994 turbocharged vehicles weren't notable for it either.

Even saying that, most cars that would have crankwalked probably already have, since it usually happens before 100,000 miles and these cars are getting older.

Last edited by Action B; 12-21-2009 at 11:52 PM..
Old 12-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Stage 2 member

Actually chrysler came up with the body and I cant rember if it was mitsu who came up with the engine completely or not. I read somewere not exactly sure were that it was a mixture on who mad the engines I have heard it was a mitsu only engine and I have heard it was hal mitsu half chrysler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
So, who copied who. Prisim or Corolla? Talon or Eclipse? Stealth or 3000GT?
This is very true about crankwalk in 2g's I wont say that every single 7 bolt c walked. People believe it to be caused by many different things some people think its a problem with the oil squirters staying open and bleeding off pressure. I personally dont care about it because a 4g is a nice engine no matter what any good engine has its flaws. They made the 6 bolt 4g's from 89 thru to early 92 after that they went to the 7 bolts anyone who knows about dsm's knows crankwalk for 7 bolts which is another reason they get such a bad rep. A dsm can be the most reliable car in the world the people that cause it to get bad rep are the people that dont do the maintence let there timing belts go and they break and bend valves then they blame it on the car. DSM's are my favorite car has been since I was like 10 then last year I was able to get my hands on a 92 laser rs 6 bolt motor with a 4 bolt rear. But when it comes down to it I will take a dsm over any other care any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
Crankwalk is way blown out of proportion. Some people think every car gets it. That's what you get when people who don't really know about the cars spread misinformation. It happens to a low proportion. The most prone are supposed to be the 7 bolt, 2g turbo cars and the highest ration being the 95-96 Turbo cars.

I have a 1996 Eagle Talon Turbo AWD. I knew about crankwalk when I bought my car and it didn't stop me. My car has 175,000 miles on the original engine, never rebuilt. Its a very reliable car and certainly does not have crankwalk. I run 20 psi on it daily as well. Any car can get crankwalk, well except for mazda rx-7/rx-8 lol.

Of course if you get a non turbo eclipse/talon these cars are not known for having a problem with crankwalk more than any other car on the road.

1990-1994 turbocharged vehicles weren't notable for it either.

Even saying that, most cars that would have crankwalked probably already have, since it usually happens before 100,000 miles and these cars are getting older.

Last edited by DRFTKO; 12-24-2009 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: double post
Old 12-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonx9 View Post
This is very true about crankwalk in 2g's I wont say that every single 7 bolt c walked. People believe it to be caused by many different things some people think its a problem with the oil squirters staying open and bleeding off pressure. I personally dont care about it because a 4g is a nice engine no matter what any good engine has its flaws. They made the 6 bolt 4g's from 89 thru to early 92 after that they went to the 7 bolts anyone who knows about dsm's knows crankwalk for 7 bolts which is another reason they get such a bad rep. A dsm can be the most reliable car in the world the people that cause it to get bad rep are the people that dont do the maintence let there timing belts go and they break and bend valves then they blame it on the car. DSM's are my favorite car has been since I was like 10 then last year I was able to get my hands on a 92 laser rs 6 bolt motor with a 4 bolt rear. But when it comes down to it I will take a dsm over any other care any day.
When I bought my turbo DSM 6 years ago, I really wanted a 1g. I searched and searched but the only ones I found people were asking way too much. I looked at about 5-6 DSMs before I found the 2g I own now. I looked them over and was very meticulous about it.

I owned a non-turbo 1996 eclipse for 3 years prior to that. It was under 100,000 miles and had more problems than my Talon ever did.

Join DSMtuners if you want to learn more about them. I've been on there for 6 years with over a thousand tech posts. S/N- Denji

Last edited by Action B; 12-23-2009 at 11:36 PM..
Old 12-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post

Eagle was owned by Jeep for awhile, like a long time ago I'm pretty sure. Chrysler/Dodge wanted Jeep for the Jeep itself, didn't care about the Eagle part. Bought out Jeep, so it became Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep. Back in 2000 Chrysler Corp. shutdown the Plymouth side of things. The PT Cruiser was supposed to be a Plymouth product, the last Plymouth made was the Prowler. The PT Cruiser went under Chrysler. So, if I am wrong on any of this. Please correct me.

If parts can't be found, make them yourself out of steel tubing, garden materials, or wood.

@Ling, the 5.0L is a b*tch to work on. It's unbelievable crammed in the engine bay. Also, personally.. I would take the Talon over ANY ford any day. Even if I couldn't find parts for the Talon. Ford is overrated, moving pieces of trash on the road. Enough said, I don't think anyone wants me to rant about how crappy ford is.(Except for Tex. it might amuse him.)

Honestly, get your Camaro back on the road. Don't even bother with buying another vehicle when you have to get one finished. The money spent on buying a "new" vehicle could have replaced an item you may have needed replaced, and now you have to wait again, putting you behind even more.

Stick with your Camaro, for a person at your age in school, driving a Camaro will turn heads.

Blade.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:41 PM
is awesome

Honestly, get your Camaro back on the road. Don't even bother with buying another vehicle when you have to get one finished. The money spent on buying a "new" vehicle could have replaced an item you may have needed replaced, and now you have to wait again, putting you behind even more.

Stick with your Camaro, for a person at your age in school, driving a Camaro will turn heads.

Blade. no offense at all I stated that all the money goes to the camaro earlier in the thread. I really don't know why people are still bumping the thread. I decided not to get the talon because It was to small. Hopefully ill get a hurst shifter for xmas and a new 4bl carb. Then the camaro will idle better and ill be able to have it on the road. Lol and im not trying to be rude at all i hope I didn't come off that way
Old 12-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Eagle was owned by Jeep for awhile, like a long time ago I'm pretty sure. Chrysler/Dodge wanted Jeep for the Jeep itself, didn't care about the Eagle part.
Blade.
To my understanding Eagle bought Jeep from Kaiser or Willy's, I don't know Jeeps ownership history, owned it through the 70s/80s or so when Chrysler bought the then failing Eagle company and only found that Jeep was worth saving. Moved Jeep to Chrysler, killed eagle. Only thing left from Eagle was the 4.0 straight 6 that powered the Jeep.

The end of eagle was like many other dead domestic brands. It went from pride to platform whore and then died. As we have with the Talon/Laser/Eclipse, etc etc.