Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to merc3des

Yea Mustangs isn't what I'm thinking. Mustang=crappo in my mind.

EDIT: I have a carbon fiber gen 1 chassis woot!

Mercedes Track Car v2 (50% finished) :
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18360

Comeback Supra Project (trust me tune in):
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20546

Last edited by merc3des; 08-29-2008 at 07:39 PM..
Old 08-29-2008, 10:10 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

stacked nelly can technically be replaced by other equivalents such as the spider or v2.2(provided you install them correctly)
gpm...can't get enough.
liths, get something from atomicmods.
charger, get a balanced lithium charger. don't try to go cheap here. it's critical to get a good charger even if you have to spend as much as it takes to buy 3 of atomicmods lipo packs. no good charger, your car will die by fire.

2x lightspeed...ehh...i could wind you a 25t spiral. that's burning in hell fast, but you'll have to get neos to have decent torque
shoot me a PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

If U Hate The Mustang U=crappo In My Mind!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:16 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMER H4 View Post
If U Hate The Mustang U=crappo In My Mind!!!
heck yah man! mustangs rock!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Elite member

Lol I love mustangs but Xmods over did it. 3 or 4 mustangs, and I have the cobra which I love. Yea I'm looking into all of this. The problem is how the **** am I going to get this v2 on a mini-z board in a gen 1. Better get a brain blast soon.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Elite member

I am using the carbon fiber gen 1 chassis I have. Take a look in the modification forum.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Forum Idiot

Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
stacked nelly can technically be replaced by other equivalents such as the spider or v2.2(provided you install them correctly)
gpm...can't get enough.
liths, get something from atomicmods.
charger, get a balanced lithium charger. don't try to go cheap here. it's critical to get a good charger even if you have to spend as much as it takes to buy 3 of atomicmods lipo packs. no good charger, your car will die by fire.

2x lightspeed...ehh...i could wind you a 25t spiral. that's burning in hell fast, but you'll have to get neos to have decent torque
shoot me a PM.
The V2.2 is nothing compared to the Stacked Nelly. Seen a many V2.2 burn on a Lightspeed. Easily burn too. Plus it's pretty big compared to the Stacked Nelly. Oh, and there is nothing that compares to the stacked nelly, that's why ph2t made it. BTW, I believe the Lightspeed was under 20 winds..

Oh, and the lightspeed or the Impala have no equal. Top of the line motors, can't touch them unless your SUPERB at winding motors.. Silver Brushes, Fat Com, secret winding, iso-magnets, so on.

Neos will kill a fast motor becuase it takes more current (read: Energy) to overcome the magnets, and that's wasted. For a top speed xmod, torque won't matter.

You also want to keep the weight down while your at it. All you really need is GPM Knuckles, Tie Rods, and Shocks. The Shocks are just to remove play, that's pretty much it. A CF chassis is pretty much mandatory, and Li-ion or Li-Po batteries are standard. Wide Track bearings and a long chassis are a must, as is a lightweight body. Full GPM Driveline and a Perfect Shaft, Posi-Traction Ball diffs are also recomended. AWD is a must. Don't even attempt RWD.

Yah. That about covers it.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Elite member

Whoooa, thats a mouthful sweed

I do have the CF chassis, check out modification forum.
Hmm, well I don't know where to get a stacked nelly as they are out of production.

Maybe a spyder. Still thinking.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
The V2.2 is nothing compared to the Stacked Nelly. Seen a many V2.2 burn on a Lightspeed. Easily burn too. Plus it's pretty big compared to the Stacked Nelly. Oh, and there is nothing that compares to the stacked nelly, that's why ph2t made it. BTW, I believe the Lightspeed was under 20 winds..

Oh, and the lightspeed or the Impala have no equal. Top of the line motors, can't touch them unless your SUPERB at winding motors.. Silver Brushes, Fat Com, secret winding, iso-magnets, so on.

Neos will kill a fast motor becuase it takes more current (read: Energy) to overcome the magnets, and that's wasted. For a top speed xmod, torque won't matter.

You also want to keep the weight down while your at it. All you really need is GPM Knuckles, Tie Rods, and Shocks. The Shocks are just to remove play, that's pretty much it. A CF chassis is pretty much mandatory, and Li-ion or Li-Po batteries are standard. Wide Track bearings and a long chassis are a must, as is a lightweight body. Full GPM Driveline and a Perfect Shaft, Posi-Traction Ball diffs are also recomended. AWD is a must. Don't even attempt RWD.

Yah. That about covers it.
For top speed listen to sweed, other wise for a daily driver or unbreakable track car. Load on the GPM and CF parts. Also If its AWD grab yourself a CF shaft from XI. At this scale that takes off a good abmount of uneded wait...
Old 08-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
For top speed listen to sweed, other wise for a daily driver or unbreakable track car. Load on the GPM and CF parts. Also If its AWD grab yourself a CF shaft from XI. At this scale that takes off a good abmount of uneded wait...
Why loads of GPM if your talking about saving weight with a CF Shaft? The CF Shaft makes for quite a diffrence though. But GPM all you really need is knuckles, drivline, and motor mounts. If it's not lighter than stock, why GPM the rest?
Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 PM
drifter and engineer

oh well, if you can get a stacked nelly(i think they're rather hard to get your hands on one.) you can use those crazy low winds. but in my opinion, if you have crazy low winds, you'll have a hard time getting your car moving(so it won't be so super)
neos decrease the amount of current required to turn the armature because the magnets are stronger, meaning that it is more sensitive to the electromagnetic feilds produced by the coils on the armature.

please quote the amp and voltage capacity of the stacked nelly please. i can't find any specs anywhere.

v2.2 can go 30volts, 30amps and it's really easy to install
i know the nelly involves removal of stock fets and careful soldering(has advantages of being a more integrated-efficient system, but imho it takes some time to install.)
Old 08-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
neos decrease the amount of current required to turn the armature because the magnets are stronger, meaning that it is more sensitive to the electromagnetic feilds produced by the coils on the armature.

please quote the amp and voltage capacity of the stacked nelly please. i can't find any specs anywhere.

v2.2 can go 30volts, 30amps and it's really easy to install
i know the nelly involves removal of stock fets and careful soldering(has advantages of being a more integrated-efficient system, but imho it takes some time to install.)
Noob.
It's been shown many times that Neodymium Magnets INCREASE the current the motor pulls. Takes more energy from the motor to turn the coils against the magnets. This is why a Gen1 w/Li-ions won't blow on a regular Stage 2, but will on a Stage 2 w/Neos.

I'll look up Nelly specs. Just remember, reason ph2t made it was becuase the V2.2's kept burning up. The v2.2's are good for short dragster runs, but will melt at sustained speeds. Oh, and to go above like 15volts, you have to modify the V2.2.

EDIT:
Specs of the Woah Nelly site:
Outperforms an 16x2 stack of EVO stock MOSFETS
Outperforms a 10x2 stack of EVO upgraded MOSFETS
For high current applications (10+ turn motors)

It's not bullet proof (AusMicro thread mentioned that he blew one), but from the high speed Gen1 Fanatics (that day is long lost), they say it out performs a V2.2, easily. Said Gen1 Fanatics inlcude: MoeBrown20, PerformanceXmods, Team MNM, XmodSpeed (scam, lol), FreeStyleXmods (Creative24, imcreative). If you know anything about xmods back in the day, those names along with AtomicMods ran the show. Man, miss those days. Should do a old school build..

Last edited by Sweed; 08-31-2008 at 05:44 PM..
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

However, Neo's WILL be needed in significantly lower torque motors, unless you have a quarter mile of build up, and not to mention deathly low gearing. Neo's although they require more amp draw to turn the armature, they balance out the heat caused without them. Its a win win really.

A 25t has no shot against an X-2. The X-2 would be something similar to a 25t on crack, lol. With sliver wire, silver comm, silver brushes, not to mention the long spiral armature. BTW, where are you sourcing your spriral armatures?

Sweed, you want oldschool gen1 FrEaKs, then go back on the R7R archives and check out the local rides there. Ph2t even has his build there, which is just about the cleanest hobby grade build I have seen in my LIFE!

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
Sweed, you want oldschool gen1 FrEaKs, then go back on the R7R archives and check out the local rides there. Ph2t even has his build there, which is just about the cleanest hobby grade build I have seen in my LIFE!
I've seen quite a bit of his stuff. I got into xmods when people were trying to break the 40mph barrier with Li-ions. Team MNM, XmodSpeed, and AtomicMods Tariden cells. Old school AM out of Rob's closet, no GPM, and so on. The good ol' days.

Oh, and thanks for clearing up the motor thing.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I've seen quite a bit of his stuff. I got into xmods when people were trying to break the 40mph barrier with Li-ions. Team MNM, XmodSpeed, and AtomicMods Tariden cells. Old school AM out of Rob's closet, no GPM, and so on. The good ol' days.

Oh, and thanks for clearing up the motor thing.
TYPO!! Its tadiran, and tadiran stopped making the batteries because they were afraid of explosions causing injurys i think.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
drifter and engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
However, Neo's WILL be needed in significantly lower torque motors, unless you have a quarter mile of build up, and not to mention deathly low gearing. Neo's although they require more amp draw to turn the armature, they balance out the heat caused without them. Its a win win really.

A 25t has no shot against an X-2. The X-2 would be something similar to a 25t on crack, lol. With sliver wire, silver comm, silver brushes, not to mention the long spiral armature. BTW, where are you sourcing your spriral armatures?

Later,
RedSXmodder
sorry i got a bit flustered on the neo topic there. i don't have a motor tester
but i think neos are really useful for a motor to get more torque out
i run a 26t spiral in a bb(custom can by me, but it took so long that i'm never maing another) spiral is by the power of my pliers. i don't source from anywhere. that's why i can't keep any stock.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Forum Idiot

Quote:
sorry i got a bit flustered on the neo topic there. i don't have a motor tester
but i think neos are really useful for a motor to get more torque out
i run a 26t spiral in a bb(custom can by me, but it took so long that i'm never maing another) spiral is by the power of my pliers. i don't source from anywhere. that's why i can't keep any stock.
That's not what he means by Sprial Armeture. The spiral arm isn't cut straight, it twists.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

If you're still stuck on a motor there's always the Plasmatomic...
Old 09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
drifter and engineer

i know a spiral twists.
i twist my straights into spirals with my pliers. same preceived performance
pic of spiral that was made as a spiral:

doesn't look any different than the spirals that i twisted myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekid05 View Post
If you're still stuck on a motor there's always the Plasmatomic...
yeah that's a good motor if you're willing to pay the money.
the LS X2 is one of the fastest, and i will give it the props for that. i'm just not too interested in topspeed. i'm more interested in handling and acceleration and the balance between the two

Last edited by XMDrifter; 09-01-2008 at 09:31 PM..
Old 09-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Hypervyper

You should make this the drag car and put the super capacitor on this. It will go so fast. I was looking online but the cheapest one I found was like $138.00 and they're huge. if only they made one that was small and aforadable.