Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
if you can get inside shed garage anything will do , then try to get it warm

next up get hold of an hairdryer and warm the body , then the paint pop this into warm water for about a min , take it out shake it and return to eater untill the can no longer goes cold when shaken

that will make the paint go on nice and thin use the hairdryer to dry the paint after each coat just watch out for it blowing dust onto the car
that would be the best bet, blow dryers (on low speed/low heat) and very thin coats. it also helps, marginally, if your paint can is about the same temperature as the body when you spray on your first coat.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:43 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
i honestly wouldn't paint outdoors in cold weather. if you do, make sure it's dry outside and that the sun is out and paint in very, very light coats if you must. if there's any way at all that you can build a small table/workbench and some tarps, you can rig together a small spray booth about the size of a bathroom stall, use a halogen lamp for heat and light. paint just takes forever to dry in the cold weather. what kinds of paint are you planning on using?
thanks for the input...you gave me some ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Heres my tip for painting in cold weather/snow. god knows i got the same weather you do!!

Take your pieces onto a piece of card board. (normally make one of those little spin rolles of tape)

shake your can accordingly (inside)
when your ready to paint, run out side, (stand under cover if the snow/rain is coming down)
Spray your coat, and then take your parts back inside on the carboard. and place them in a back room. (a few fumes still get emitted, but its really not bad)

That way the parts stay warm and dry, but all the paint over spray and fumes are out side
starting to sound like the "infamous" SPR PnR technique...paint and run LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
if you can get inside shed garage anything will do , then try to get it warm

next up get hold of an hairdryer and warm the body , then the paint pop this into warm water for about a min , take it out shake it and return to eater untill the can no longer goes cold when shaken

that will make the paint go on nice and thin use the hairdryer to dry the paint after each coat just watch out for it blowing dust onto the car
thanks...definitely some good ideas to work with

Team X.I.