Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackevo01titan View Post
Here is my idea, about ricers.

No offense, but you have that red Del Sol right? Have you really taken a look at it lately?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Surgeon

My friend has 420 in his camaro, but he has ruined the car visually.

Edit: 420 at the wheel, 500 at crank. My bad, he hasn't driven the thing in awhile.

Last edited by Surgeon; 01-24-2008 at 09:24 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
Hey ling, delete your comment. I didn't want to fuel his creativity on backing his claim. I left that open so he can't just say" Bored, stroked, cams,etc." Because we said it.

My friend has 450 in his camaro, but he has ruined the car visually.
Well, if he tries to say all of that stuff, tell him we want exact specs and a dyno sheet to prove it. And, if he can't come up with the information then we don't believe him.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Well, if he tries to say all of that stuff, tell him we want exact specs and a dyno sheet to prove it. And, if he can't come up with the information then we don't believe him.
Ok I'll see if I can get the dyno sheet tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
They may have ricey body kits, but if they had 600HP, there really isn't anything to complain about other than its aesthetically tasteless. The guy with the Integra may have 600 hp and you can laugh all you want at him, but if you're driving a built Cobalt running 300 hp with OEM body parts, he wouldn't care, his car can kick your car's ***.

This car has 3-400 RWHP, is it rice?

With your description of rice, then it must be, look at the wing, the big wheels, the decals and the body kit...
yea thats a ricer,i hate to say it,but it is,it looks so nice though..

EDIT: to me the deffinition of ricer,meanslarge muffler,something carbon fiber on the car(can be anything),racing or performance rims,and engine dress-up(like valve covers,or something painted)..

Last edited by snowboi1289; 01-24-2008 at 08:57 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
No offense, but you have that red Del Sol right? Have you really taken a look at it lately?
Dude, do you even know the definition of a ricer?

My car could smoke any vehicle you have driven or rode in.

It may look a little ricey, but it has performance mods!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Maybe this weekend I'll be able to find the photo album of my dad's old '74 Camaro. A real killer. It put trailered cars to shame as it drove home from the strip weekend after weekend, wiping out the trailer queens.

The big-block 396 (bored .40 over) V8 pounding the air with every fire from each of the 8 cylinders. The smell, that gas smell older carburated engine release from the exhaust. The smell of burning tires, as my dad took me for some fun rides. The beast of a motor was backed by TH400 with stock internals and a shift kit. The rear was beefed up with a 4.10 (?) Posi unit.

It had some custom touches. Widened rear fenders to house the massive rear meats. The hood scoop fed air straight to the motor. So much so that during rainy days, my dad would have to swap the air filter, and plug the scoop. One time, he got caught in a storm.. Thinking fast he just tossed the plug in the mouth of the scoop so it wouldn't suck rain, hoping the beast underneath would be able to gasp for air from under the hood... well it did. So much so that every time he got onto the throttle, it pulled the hood down a good half inch or so from the suction.

And, the main attraction, the paint. The car was red. The hood had a large center stripe that went from the wind sield and ended near the nose of the hood. It was yellow/orangish to my memory, with an orange pin stripe dividing. It's hard to remember, but I do believe it had a side C stripe, same color combo as the hood above.

Did I mention it was a beast? Oh... baby.

On pump gas and street radials it was easily capable of 12s. But the last time it was ran... Tuned to run race gas, and with a set of slicks, it rocketed my dad to a high 9 second run. All motor. Thanks to a Texas winter night for a 60 degree temp.

Sadly it was sold in '01. It had become less of a daily driver. At the time we also had a '91 Tempo, '98 GMC Jimmy, '78 El Camino, and a '50 Styleline De Lux (not running, future resto), so it sat in the garage often.

I miss that car...

So, me and him were recalling the time when he took me for my 1st real ride when I was like 3 or 4. I'm not talking about normal street driving, but rip roarin', tire smokin, petal to the metal'n fun.

So anyways, he heard me making noises, and backed up off the throttle to see what the matter was. Looked down at me, and I was giggling like a kid high on hylium. So, back on the throttle.

So not long ago:
"So, how fast were we going down the street?

"I dunno, probably still holding it sideways at about 50 mph, in a snap."

"Ah I miss that car."

"Same here."

"Now Greg (my brother), with a car like that, I'm sure dad had a few stop-light drags. Though back then, it's not at the level of stupidity we see today. But dad, lets here some strop-light drag stories"

My dad puts on an innocent smile, and we keep eating.

Quote:
Keep dreamin'

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-24-2008 at 09:00 PM..
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackevo01titan View Post

I bet it won't beat that T/A that I just posted, and well.. I've ridden in it.

Yes, your car is ricey looking.. yes it does have performance. It fits into my "fast rice" category.

What kind of numbers are you pushing anyway?
Surgeon

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, your car is ricey looking.. yes it does have performance. It fits into my "fast rice" category.

Actually while we are at it, can I have the same information on your friend's firebird. It would be super-cool of you and what not, if not it is a stock firebird with the ta body kit, you googled the motor bay from another car.

That TA is really ricey looking, just look at the body kit and wheels. Yuck! The ridiculous non-functioning wing! OMG

edit: Rpm racing did chases, but his HP isn't on their site, I will get his dyno, this is another guy I went to HS with, but I wouldn't call him a friend.

http://www.real-performance-motorspo...ry.cfm?dyno=29

Last edited by Surgeon; 01-24-2008 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Actually while we are at it, can I have the same information on your friend's firebird. It would be super-cool of you and what not, if not it is a stock firebird with the ta body kit, you googled the motor bay from another car.

That TA is really ricey looking, just look at the body kit and wheels. Yuck! The ridiculous non-functioning wing! OMG
that car doesnt even come close to a ricer !!!!!!!
no muscle car needs to look like a ricer,that would be stupid,the person who does that,needs to be beatup or something..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Elite member

I know you're kidding about the T/A "bodykit".... I really hope you are anyway.

Since you seem to be skeptical for some stupid reason:

http://anti-rice.com/smf/index.php?topic=17083.0

Same thread that the engine pic came from.

Those wheels you see there, are his street wheels.. when he gets serious, he puts on the tires with more sidewall, because he realizes he needs smaller wheels and more sidewall to get traction.

Edit: For those too lazy, here's his best 1/4 time:

From that thread that I posted as well.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:

Are those Hub caps on that car? Because they sure look like them! And I hate that model T/A Its the ***est muscle type car ever made!

And my car could probly out run that T/A. I have rebuilt the motor of that car from the ground up!

Last edited by Blackevo01titan; 01-24-2008 at 09:13 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Surgeon

The TA is a girl's car, it looks like a 3000gt. That is MY OPINION. It does have a bodykit that doesn't add performance, which by your definition is ricer.

I don't like the body kit, which is my opinion, don't like the wing also my opinion, don't like the wheels. The wheels truly and honestly look like 15 dollar hubcaps from wal-mart.

By your longstanding definition, it is a ricer.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Blackevo-Your high on crack. A 260hp FWD car, vs a 500+ hp RWD car on drag slicks...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Blackevo-Your high on crack. A 260hp FWD car, vs a 500+ hp RWD car on drag slicks...
My car could beat that car on a road corse!

And how did you know about the crack, can you smell it?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Actually surg, if memory serves correct, the T/A kit has a better drag coefficient then the stock kit. Same with the 3rd gens. I'll look it up right fast to check though.

Your car has a non fuctional wing, the G35.

My car has a, presumably, non-functional wing too!!!

Quote:
My car could beat that car on a road corse!

And how did you know about the crack, can you smell it?
I say no. Varying by the course, and if the guy has touched the suspension tuning.. but the WS6 Trans-Ams handle on rails, like it or not they are fairly solid cars in the corners.. And again, you have FWD, failed-wheel-drive. Wonder why no high-end race cars have FWD?

edit:
With the 3rd gens:
Quote:
Trans Am: .323 Cd
S/E: .335 Cd
Base: .333 Cd
GTA: .310 Cd
http://www.thirdgen.org/tech-data

The factory kits from GM, functional to an extent.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-24-2008 at 09:23 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Actually surg, if memory serves correct, the T/A kit has a better drag coefficient then the stock kit. Same with the 3rd gens. I'll look it up right fast to check though.

Your car has a non fuctional wing, the G35.

My car has a, presumably, non-functional wing too!!!

I say no. Varying by the course, and if the guy has touched the suspension tuning.. but the WS6 Trans-Ams handle on rails, like it or not they are fairly solid cars in the corners.. And again, you have FWD, failed-wheel-drive. Wonder why no high-end race cars have FWD?

It is probably power of suggestion, but I think the wing helps a little. Before the wing the steering wheel shook a little @ 120. Now the stability seams to be better up to 145 before it gets a little shakey. It could have been other variables, but I think it did help a little.

Tex, anything can be functional to an extenet. Given enough speed even a spoiler can be counter-productive. Look at the veyron's high-speed mode to alleviate drag.

Last edited by Surgeon; 01-24-2008 at 09:26 PM..
Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Stage 1 member

[QUOTE=texan_idiot25;134758]

Dude, I have modified my suspension to the best of my ability. My car handles curves awsome. Apparently you have not drove and FWD car on a road coarse.

I could most likely beat that T/A In a road coarse.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Apparently you don't understand why FWD is by far the worse platform for anything performance related. Anyone will tell you FWD has it's severe limits. I have driven enough FWD cars around to learn to hate them in several conditions. And to this argument, you have yet to prove that was your car. Seen how others were accusing of seeing that car on the net before.

Quote:
Only RWD cars or rear-biased 4WD cars can do this ! In the same situation, the driver in a FWD car has nothing to do other than easing the throttle, slow down the car thus reduce the centrifugal force, and hope the car can overcome the corner. There are many disadvantages :

1. You lose time during slow down.
2. You lose engine rev during slow down, thus the engine takes longer to rise back to the useful power band once you exit the corner.
3. Very often, if you miscalculate, you are unlikely to have sufficient road ahead for you to slow down, especially in tight corner.

Therefore we always say RWD car is superior than FWD car in handling.
http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc....html#Handling

Why do no high-end race cars have FWD? I can safely say, even a stock Firebird Formula could walk circles around you car.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
The TA is a girl's car, it looks like a 3000gt. That is MY OPINION. It does have a bodykit that doesn't add performance, which by your definition is ricer.

I don't like the body kit, which is my opinion, don't like the wing also my opinion, don't like the wheels. The wheels truly and honestly look like 15 dollar hubcaps from wal-mart.

By your longstanding definition, it is a ricer.
That TA does not have a body kit that is stock so is the wing.