Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner
Default Winner's HPI Blitz

well i've been putting off posting this here, but here it is

(2/11/11)
well this guy came in the mail today which i have been very excited about getting as like i said before this is my first 1/10 electric and the kinda truck i've been wanting for 3 years now.
pics:

as of now it looks like this:

im currently taking ot completely apart and cleaning each part 1 at a time, as of no i have the front and mid section done and am about to start on the rear end. the reason im doing this is so that i can get a better idea of what goes where and also its a good time to go ahead and greasde this, oil that, etc... not to mention it makes it look wayy better after a full detail job

as of now i have tested the car but not actually driven it yet.

(2/13/11)
well got it put back together after rebuilding and cleaning everything, and im really impressed with the design of this thing, looks like HPI took the tranny outa lorry :P

however the spur had been raped when i got it so i had to use w/e i had laying around

^that spur came out of a T-maxx i totaled awhile ago, then the pinion came out of a kyosho touring car from like the late 80's (which still works with stock electronics!)

also since i didnt have the correct connectors i had to steal a tamiya connector off a old toy charger, then the wires on it started melting and comming loose, i had to tape it so it would stay in 1 place so the car cpuld get power, but it still kept loosing power.

(2/13/11)
well got it put back together after rebuilding and cleaning everything, and im really impressed with the design of this thing, looks like HPI took the tranny outa lorry :P

however the spur had been raped when i got it so i had to use w/e i had laying around

^that spur came out of a T-maxx i totaled awhile ago, then the pinion came out of a kyosho touring car from like the late 80's (which still works with stock electronics!)

also since i didnt have the correct connectors i had to steal a tamiya connector off a old toy charger, then the wires on it started melting and comming loose, i had to tape it so it would stay in 1 place so the car cpuld get power, but it still kept loosing power.

^it kept getting hot because it was like 12 guage wire to like the cheapo 20 guage wire.

after taking the tape off i found that the heat had done a toll to the jacket on the wire

since the stock servo could no longer turn the wheels i took it out and replaced with a HS-645 i had just laying about(Mycro says only filthy rich people have HS-645 spares laying around, but im far from rich )

^had t do some ghetto rigging but it works mostly.

on a lighter note, the guy i bought it from also threw in 2 other motors one beeing this modified class Orion Revolution 7x2, which i found out was a 7T motor. the guy i bought it from says it will make the truck go over 50mph, i'd really like to use it but it would rape that ESC =/ i'll probably sell it.

i also have been patching some of the cracks on the body with styrene and superglue

^hopefully it will add a bit more structure and protect the body some more

and some other pics

i got to use it today and get a run in, even with that cheapo 7.2v Ni-Mh the thing was really fast. i had a blast especially drifting on the gravel parking lot, i had no idea RWD could drift that easily! even after just that 1 good run i absolutly love this thing way more then i had thought i would! i've been weanting a sct ever since the slash came out, now i do and its great

oh and i need help, my alignment and chamber is wayyy outa wack what the best way to make sure its equal on each side?

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants

Last edited by winner; 02-14-2011 at 04:57 PM..