Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)
Default Back again, but I drove here this time. [Somewhat pic heavy]

Since the last time I was here, I had a mental growth-spurt, so I'm going to try one more time. :P (I really don't mind if you don't, but could a moderator/admin please change my username to FeralSlug ? That's the one I use everywhere else and firebird999 has too much bad stuff tied onto it. :P )

Anyway, I don't officially own a car yet, but I know what my first car is going to be, so I'll leave this thread open for discussion for the next 6-7 months before I own it, at which time I'll make real progress.

It's a 2003 Ford Focus SE, better known as a budget front wheel drive family sedan with an inline 4, and not much else. The only good things about this car are the relatively short wheelbase, the half decent stock rims, and the fuel economy. I have no pictures of mine specifically, but it's exactly like this:

except it has a tan and grey interior. It had a fully tan one when my dad bought it, but over time the driver's seat broke in half and we replaced it with a grey one.

As of now the only real modifications are a parking permit in the window and a "Coexist" bumper sticker. So nothing at all, in other words.

My plans for the future are simple:

Rims. I have no idea what kind though...
http://i27.tinypic.com/21j5fn6.jpg
Work Ryvers?

RS-JK4s?

or BBS RSs? (Probably in purple)
Or even something completely different?

Next, A spoiler from the ZTS model:

Also some smoked tail lights ($7.50 for a do it yourself kit... First mod for sure)

And some new headlights.
Either these R8 style ones:

(Ignore the ugly yellow focus there... It's like putting the world's fattest man in a tuxedo... Just makes it ugly.)
or these angel eyes:

To go along with them, I'll get a Euro grille (No indicators) since they have indicators in them already.

And some clear side repeaters, after all that mostly.

Then there's lowering, of course. I want coilovers like these:
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/XLeve...00_05_3_4_5dr_
but maybe with a smaller pricetag. I'll try to find a wrecked Focus to yank them from.

And when it comes to performance, well... Aside from the coilovers, I haven't really planned that far ahead yet. I'm well open to suggestions, and I also hope you guys can give me feedback on the rims and headlights. (But don't suggest not doing it... I'm getting both whether you like it or not.)

Last edited by firebird999; 07-02-2010 at 02:33 PM..