Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Default R. Takahashi FC3S

The leader of Project.D bit the bullet and got some Volk RE30's for his famous touge machine.

The rear tires do rub a little bit, so I'm waiting on some thinner rear axle bearings to arrive, which will reduce the rear width 0.5mm per side. Till then, the FC looks good on the shelf.

This car is officially a "mini-class" racer (90mm wheelbase or shorter) but since I'm not a frequent racer I've got the tires taped up for a third attempt at creating a consistent 1/28 RWD drift car.

The "tires" are 3M Scotch up front (2 layers) and vinyl electrical tape in back (3 layers). The electrical tape will be receiving multiple coats of WD40 to soften up the material for more grip. Grooving with an Xacto knife has shown to help, but then I have the problem of the individual rings of tape slipping off the next time I apply WD40. So I'll avoid grooving this time around, and just sand and WD40 to adjust traction.

I've been adjusting the differential tension nut by increments of less than 2 degrees, but although a loose diff keeps the car more manageable most of the time, a locked diff is still more consistent -- and above all else a RWD drifter will need consistency. So I will probably need to delve into my transmitter adjustments to really get this thing to work.

Stay tuned!